Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ramseyk
May 30, 2005
hi
Oh my God, I fell in love with this movie immediately. I had moderate expectations since I like Luke Wilsons acting (I love the way he acts stunned at everything), and I really enjoy Mike Judges blunt style and writing.

The humor is great, if you're looking for something low-key and subtle, look elsewhere. This movie never strove to be a really intertwined comedy that pays off well in the end, its pretty much a more in your face 40-Year-Old-Virgin type movie with hilarious stereotypes and obvious social commentary. If you enjoy that humor this movie is for you.

I personally, adored the film. The jokes are perfect and are plentiful and you find yourself looking all over the movie for little hints and details. I don't think I've ever laughed this hard at the president of the United States.

Whats nice is the ending, and Joes (Or Not Sure, lol) little inspirational speech, which puts the movie into perspective. Its not subtle, but drat it feels good to have a movie be blunt sometimes. It might not be some modern praised work of art, but I love the interesting take and original ideas that pertain to our society.

In the end, if you're looking for a very original comedy, go see this. If you're looking for a very funny movie, go see this. If you're looking for Office Space 2 then look elsewhere.

Pros: So funny. Good story.
Cons: Story takes a little bit to get going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU