Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Vaguely remember this:

A weird sci-fi (I think?) movie, where at the end some dude is trying to stop something happening in his house, and I think there's an elevator or something. Sorry that isn't much to go on. I remember the DVD having a trailer for Dark Water with Jennifer Connolly though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

Vaguely remember this:

A weird sci-fi (I think?) movie, where at the end some dude is trying to stop something happening in his house, and I think there's an elevator or something. Sorry that isn't much to go on. I remember the DVD having a trailer for Dark Water with Jennifer Connolly though.

I'm sure this isn't it but have you seen Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke?

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Saw the trailer for this four or five years ago. I think the plot involved a couple going to a gas station where they get hijacked by some kind of murderer. Then...some kind of monster shows up and they all end up fighting together to survive. I was to say the monster was something weird like vines, or spores, or something dumb. I'd like to check this out just to see how terrible it is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rikimaru posted:

Saw the trailer for this four or five years ago. I think the plot involved a couple going to a gas station where they get hijacked by some kind of murderer. Then...some kind of monster shows up and they all end up fighting together to survive. I was to say the monster was something weird like vines, or spores, or something dumb. I'd like to check this out just to see how terrible it is.

Splinter

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!

That's it. Thanks!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Bingo, thanks

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I watched Shocker tonight, and there were some things that I thought happened in that movie but didn't end up being in it. I seem to recall another movie where the electricity itself is living, maybe taking on the look of a small demon or animal. Feels like an 80s movie to me. Anything like that?

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Detective Thompson posted:

I watched Shocker tonight, and there were some things that I thought happened in that movie but didn't end up being in it. I seem to recall another movie where the electricity itself is living, maybe taking on the look of a small demon or animal. Feels like an 80s movie to me. Anything like that?

You might be thinking of Gremlins 2, which features an electric gremlin.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I think you're right in that the image of the creature in my head I realize now is probably the electric gremlin. Still, are there any other sentient electricity movies from the mid-80s-90s?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

I think you're right in that the image of the creature in my head I realize now is probably the electric gremlin. Still, are there any other sentient electricity movies from the mid-80s-90s?

There was this guy from the Transformers series, off the top of my head.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Shocker, a movie from 1989 where a serial killer is executed in the electric chair and turns into electricity or something, and can travel through power lines.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

There's this Are You Afraid of the Dark episode, might be that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVC5y4RUf-0

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

Shocker, a movie from 1989 where a serial killer is executed in the electric chair and turns into electricity or something, and can travel through power lines.

I watched Shocker the other night. It's what made me bring up the electricity thing.

penismightier posted:

There's this Are You Afraid of the Dark episode, might be that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVC5y4RUf-0

I didn't have cable when that show was on, and only saw it once or twice at a friend's house, so I don't think so. I might just be conflating some other horror stuff with bits and pieces of Shocker.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

If I remember right, the villain from Trick Or Treat (1986) was similar to the villain in Shocker in that he was made of electricity or something like that.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Ghost in the Machine

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hN-uCyWbjo&t=58s

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002
Little later (2000), but Titan AE had the "Drej," an electric species.

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011

"We have descended from pure air."
"E-lec-tricity."

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
The scene I remember from a thriller is some men in an office building interrogating a wheelchair bound man who laughs at them when they pour hot coffee on his legs to get him to talk.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

donquixotic posted:

The scene I remember from a thriller is some men in an office building interrogating a wheelchair bound man who laughs at them when they pour hot coffee on his legs to get him to talk.

Blankman.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I think you're thinking of Pulse from 1988 about a sentient bit of electricity that goes from house to house killing people by their own appliances and other electrical doodads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVJzwG4Ee4c

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

That must be it. Thanks!

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Ha. It's all coming back to me. I saw Blankman, I remember watching Blankman.

Thanks for that.

Temin
Sep 1, 2001
I am an ass licking donkey didling pele fucking buttertroll sympathizing cockmongering narc
This is quite vague, but I'm trying to recall a movie where there was some kind of infection, and checking to see if a person was infected involved basically running a blacklight over them. I think it was a 90's movie.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Temin posted:

This is quite vague, but I'm trying to recall a movie where there was some kind of infection, and checking to see if a person was infected involved basically running a blacklight over them. I think it was a 90's movie.

Warning Sign?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUCJYHM3C9E

Temin
Sep 1, 2001
I am an ass licking donkey didling pele fucking buttertroll sympathizing cockmongering narc

Oh wow, that's it. Thanks so much!

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I saw it a long time ago and remembered it had the bad guy from Police Academy in it.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
I'm looking for a movie about a demon that takes control of an island and kidnaps a kid at the end of it, a large portion involves a courthouse if I remember correctly.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Grody posted:

I'm looking for a movie about a demon that takes control of an island and kidnaps a kid at the end of it, a large portion involves a courthouse if I remember correctly.

Storm of the Century, based on a Stephen King story. Was a TV movie.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
I'm looking for a movie that I saw a trailer for earlier this year. It was a Japanese movie about a gang war that breaks out in a city. All the gangs seemed to be based off stereotypes of different types of gangs (school punks, all female femme fatales, etc.) I remember it being really over the top with lots of action and violence. Does anyone know the title?

nodon
Jul 25, 2014

OmegaDimension posted:

I'm looking for a movie that I saw a trailer for earlier this year. It was a Japanese movie about a gang war that breaks out in a city. All the gangs seemed to be based off stereotypes of different types of gangs (school punks, all female femme fatales, etc.) I remember it being really over the top with lots of action and violence. Does anyone know the title?

Haven't seen the movie, but the trailers for Tokyo Tribe or Why Don't You Play In Hell have some of those elements.

OmegaDimension
Feb 18, 2013
Tokyo Tribe was what the one I was looking for! Thanks a lot! :D

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Is there a thread like this, only for cartoons/animated stuff? I'm trying to find the title of a show I had caught as a kid, but looking at ADTRW and BSS is coming up with no equivalent thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:justpost:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
There was a movie with a bunch of pathetic slackers who's lives were going nowhere and they didn't seem to mind. One of them was really obsessed with the fact that the cheese stands alone.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Fair enough.

I think I saw this before 2001, on Greek TV, it was an animated series translated as Cyrano Two Thousand something (like WipEout 2047 or something, but I don't remember the exact year). It was sci-fi, with a lot of duelling with lightsabres (they were clear, no colours). Think more fencing than Star Wars duelling, but details are hazy. I very clearly remember a scene with a man pressing a rolled up newspaper to another dude's back, and bluffing it was a retracted sword, and then they talked or something.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Serperoth posted:

Fair enough.

I think I saw this before 2001, on Greek TV, it was an animated series translated as Cyrano Two Thousand something (like WipEout 2047 or something, but I don't remember the exact year). It was sci-fi, with a lot of duelling with lightsabres (they were clear, no colours). Think more fencing than Star Wars duelling, but details are hazy. I very clearly remember a scene with a man pressing a rolled up newspaper to another dude's back, and bluffing it was a retracted sword, and then they talked or something.

A search shows it's Cyrano 2022.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Action Jacktion posted:

A search shows it's Cyrano 2022.

That seems to be it, thank you so much. I looked on the English Wikipedia page for Cyrano adaptions and it wasn't it, apparently it's only on the French Wikipedia. Thanks. :)

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Volume posted:

There was a movie with a bunch of pathetic slackers who's lives were going nowhere and they didn't seem to mind. One of them was really obsessed with the fact that the cheese stands alone.

Employee of the Month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierre Chaton
Sep 1, 2006

E2: yeah, pandorum.

A sci-fi movie, set on something akin to a derelict spaceship.

The protagonists face fast moving enemies armed with edged weapons. The enemies I think turn out to somehow be mutated or through some odd narrative device evolved humans.

I think there might be a trope of the antagonists capturing protagonists by stringing them up on the ceiling.

There's a scene where a survivor from the original group, I think a chef/cook, allows the protagonists in to his barricaded stronghold. He addresses them from an elevated position like a balcony before revealing that rather than helping them, he intends to eat them.

E:might be pandorum, confused the title with Prometheus, about to watch.

Pierre Chaton fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 8, 2014