Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dr_Amazing posted:

A guy decides he hates god and goes on a quest to break every rule in the bible.

Those rules are called commandements, which is also the name of the movie, go figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Have a vivid memory of a single scene from a movie which I've been trying to identify for many years. I reckon it's 80s/early 90s. The scene features people on a rollercoaster where the track ends inside a large face with gnashing teeth that chews up the people in the rollercoaster car and spits out bones and viscera on the other end. I feel like it was a horror comedy and possibly had an actor resembling John Goodman in it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Thread favorite Nothing but trouble

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
Holy poo poo, yes! Thank you! I've been wondering what the hell this was since I saw it probably around 94/95. Ha, does it really come up that often? Wonder why that is...

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's that perfect storm of weird poo poo, memorable scenes, and well known actors in a movie not many people have actually seen

Lungs
Dec 20, 2005
It's weird, I'm a huge John Candy fan and would have thought I'd seen the majority of his output but I've never come across this in the interim. By all accounts it's a piece of poo poo, but I can't wait to watch it again. Thanks dude!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Late 90's German movie whose main character is a latchkey kid, which has a few scenes that feature a bright golden light shining on everything for some reason. Any ideas?

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
Hey guys I was just watching Camp Takota when I realised the beginning of the film is very similar to another film I've seen recently.

Basically the main female character loses her job and then catches her boyfriend cheating on the same day.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was an English movie and the cheating guy is a failed writer(?)

asap-salafi fucked around with this message at 12:20 on May 28, 2015

Thunderlips
Oct 25, 2002

asap-salafi posted:

Hey guys I was just watching Camp Takota when I realised the beginning of the film is very similar to another film I've seen recently.

Basically the main female character loses her job and then catches her boyfriend cheating on the same day.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it was an English movie and the cheating guy is a failed writer(?)

"Sliding Doors" ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120148/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sliding_Doors

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm looking for a film that may have been made before 1992, I'm guessing.

It's about a group of people on some journey, I think. At some point, they get transported or teleported deep under the ocean. They manage to surface and all they see around them is ocean save for one island. The island eventually starts moving towards them. It's not an island but a giant fish or turtle or something, no idea.

That's all I recall.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Yay thank you! I can't believe Grace Helbig copied the entire beginning to a tee

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Lpzie posted:

I'm looking for a film that may have been made before 1992, I'm guessing.

It's about a group of people on some journey, I think. At some point, they get transported or teleported deep under the ocean. They manage to surface and all they see around them is ocean save for one island. The island eventually starts moving towards them. It's not an island but a giant fish or turtle or something, no idea.

That's all I recall.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm looking for a movie where a women is running away from a mobster, is taken in bu villagers. She helps out with odd johs and as time goes on the village takes advantage of her. The climax of the film is that her father the mob boss gives her temporary control of the mob and burns and kills the people of the village to cinders, leaving only the dog alive. Because it was the only one nice to her.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Annointed posted:

I'm looking for a movie where a women is running away from a mobster, is taken in bu villagers. She helps out with odd johs and as time goes on the village takes advantage of her. The climax of the film is that her father the mob boss gives her temporary control of the mob and burns and kills the people of the village to cinders, leaving only the dog alive. Because it was the only one nice to her.

Dogville

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
What was the movie where the main villain was missing a hand (yeah, common villain problem) but instead of the usual hook or whatever he has a totally nonfunctional metal or wood hand with no moving parts? It was an action movie, may have been martial arts oriented, and I think the bad guy without the hand was military or a Nazi type? Neither old nor new (so most likely 80s or 90s?) and I think it was something I saw on mainstream US TV so I doubt it was anything incredibly obscure.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Starblind posted:

What was the movie where the main villain was missing a hand (yeah, common villain problem) but instead of the usual hook or whatever he has a totally nonfunctional metal or wood hand with no moving parts? It was an action movie, may have been martial arts oriented, and I think the bad guy without the hand was military or a Nazi type? Neither old nor new (so most likely 80s or 90s?) and I think it was something I saw on mainstream US TV so I doubt it was anything incredibly obscure.

Enter the Dragon, probably. He replaces it with a 3-prong razor claw at the end.

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Dr. No in the James Bond film of the same name had metal hands. Also, the correct answer will not be Napoleon in the movie Time Bandits, but I wish that it was.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!
I have one. I only saw it the once in Australia on our foreign channel SBS. It was around 2000-2003 I would guess.

It was an Asian comedy film about a "dumb" prostitute who is discovered by a guy who goes on and on about how great her vagina is and he knows because "reasons".

At any rate the rest of the film is about trying to get her to actually put out so she can put her amazing vagina to good use. Two really strong memories are of
the following:

A scene in which the woman is complaining about being hungry, the gentleman responds with "You can take a bite out of me" and she does, literally.

The second scene is the last of the movie and is her trying to screw the uncle back to life with her magic vagina.

Ive been looking for the name of it for years because I am starting to doubt myself that it exists now.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Starblind posted:

General Rancor (Andy Griffith) in Spy Hard (1996)?

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Can anyone identify what movie this .gif is from?

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
About a decade ago, on Christmas, my entire family got food poisoning from some bad guacamole prepared by my grandfather's caretaker. I do not like guacamole, so I was spared, but that meant having to take my brother to the hospital at 2 am so he could get an IV drip and rehydrate.

The ER waiting room was completely empty, so I had my choice of TV channels. Wasn't much on, but I did see part of a movie that seemed to take place in ancient Egypt, or somewhere else in a similar time period. The principal character was always introducing himself as "a physician", and his name was (spelled phonetically) Cinneweh. I'm thinking something from the 50s/60s, as all the actors were white. I know there was a glut of historical/biblical epics at that time, but all I have to go by is the character's name, which I don't know how to spell.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Capn Jobe posted:

About a decade ago, on Christmas, my entire family got food poisoning from some bad guacamole prepared by my grandfather's caretaker. I do not like guacamole, so I was spared, but that meant having to take my brother to the hospital at 2 am so he could get an IV drip and rehydrate.

The ER waiting room was completely empty, so I had my choice of TV channels. Wasn't much on, but I did see part of a movie that seemed to take place in ancient Egypt, or somewhere else in a similar time period. The principal character was always introducing himself as "a physician", and his name was (spelled phonetically) Cinneweh. I'm thinking something from the 50s/60s, as all the actors were white. I know there was a glut of historical/biblical epics at that time, but all I have to go by is the character's name, which I don't know how to spell.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Egyptian_(film)

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat

Wow, that was quick. Makes sense that I could never find it, would never have though that it was spelled "Sinuhe". Thanks!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sgbyou posted:

Looks vaguely like The Descent, but it probably isn't.

sgbyou
Feb 3, 2005

I'm just a shadow in the light you leave behind.

Jedit posted:

Looks vaguely like The Descent, but it probably isn't.

Nah, that was one of my first thoughts as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm like 90% sure it's a music video but I'm having trouble placing it

Mousepractice
Jan 30, 2005

A pint of plain is your only man

sgbyou posted:

That kind of vaguely resembles Thora Birch in The Hole (2001)

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour
Thanks for the guesses. NObodyNOWHERE's suggestion of Dr No lead me indirectly to the movie I was thinking of, which was Shanghai Surprise. The character I was thinking of has porcelain hands and is probably intended as a Dr No reference. Now that I've watched it again it's weird how there are a bunch of small, specific things that never totally left my memory despite not seeing it in over 20 years at least.

Scary glass hands guy:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Starblind posted:

Thanks for the guesses. NObodyNOWHERE's suggestion of Dr No lead me indirectly to the movie I was thinking of, which was Shanghai Surprise. The character I was thinking of has porcelain hands and is probably intended as a Dr No reference. Now that I've watched it again it's weird how there are a bunch of small, specific things that never totally left my memory despite not seeing it in over 20 years at least.

Scary glass hands guy:

Well he's certainly kept his spirits despite losing both hands.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

With the new Macbeth trailer coming out, what was the name of the "modern" Shakespear film based on that or Hamlet. I remember it was at a Diner or a Drive in or something that , no it's not 10 things I hate about you.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Hollismason posted:

With the new Macbeth trailer coming out, what was the name of the "modern" Shakespear film based on that or Hamlet. I remember it was at a Diner or a Drive in or something that , no it's not 10 things I hate about you.

Scotland, PA

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

morestuff posted:

Scotland, PA

That's it thanks, I had forgotten it starred so many people I like .

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
Anybody remember a strange as gently caress trailer for an independent sci-fi (I think) movie that no one knew if it was real or just a hoax? The trailer featured a bizarre machine that seemed to be made from cardboard and the acting was really amateur. The overall feeling was like something out of Shane Carruth but with zero budget. I'm trying to remember what it was called. Anyone?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

elpaganoescapa posted:

Anybody remember a strange as gently caress trailer for an independent sci-fi (I think) movie that no one knew if it was real or just a hoax? The trailer featured a bizarre machine that seemed to be made from cardboard and the acting was really amateur. The overall feeling was like something out of Shane Carruth but with zero budget. I'm trying to remember what it was called. Anyone?

http://www.afterlastseason.com/

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

Nice, thank you very much.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Fair warning, that movie is apparently at best indescribable and at worst a flaming pile of garbage.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I'm trying to remember the name of a recent so-bad-it's-good movie I saw a clip of on YouTube. It was shot in the desert, maybe Death Valley, and I believe there was some sort of fight following a drug deal gone bad or something like that.

The main character in the scene was an older guy with long hair (and sunglasses, I believe). I think he beats everyone up or kills them, using Matrix-style crazy bullet dodging. I know for a fact he was the writer and director of the movie, and that all his movies have some weird UFO or conspiracy theory elements to them, because he's a crazy person.

Edit: I don't know which movie it was, but it was from Neil Breen. I searched "bad self-funded movies" and it came up right away.

Cognac McCarthy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 9, 2015

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

This was on TV in the late 80s or early 90s. Kid under the covers with flashlight because he's afraid of the dark. Mom tells him to turn it off and go to sleep. Maybe she takes it away. Then a white monster with green polka dots and a mace for an arm comes out of the closet.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

BrainParasite posted:

This was on TV in the late 80s or early 90s. Kid under the covers with flashlight because he's afraid of the dark. Mom tells him to turn it off and go to sleep. Maybe she takes it away. Then a white monster with green polka dots and a mace for an arm comes out of the closet.

Little Monsters, maybe?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097758/

There is definitely a creature with a mace hand at a few points in the film, and the younger brother character starts out with a flashlight in bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.
A man gets sudden custody of/runs off with his son - whom he's never met before(8~12 years old, short dark hair; bowl cut?); near the end we discover that that the kid was not his son at all, and it was an elaborate scam. I think it's either a 90's or 2000's film, and I seem to remember a lot of driving involved (maybe a road film?). For some reason I was sure the father was Nic Cage, but I guess it's not after searching his wikipedia page (it's not Matchstick Men).