Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hibernator
Aug 14, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Got a quick one, lady is hanging laundry out to dry on a windy day, a sheet blows off the line, wraps around a human figure, then blows away, revealing that there was nothing there

That's The Conjuring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That is likely The Conjuring edit gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLDkbzIO8KA

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Thanks!

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

boom boom boom posted:

Got a quick one, lady is hanging laundry out to dry on a windy day, a sheet blows off the line, wraps around a human figure, then blows away, revealing that there was nothing there

Features in The Conjuring, but possibly other movies. You can catch a glimpse here
https://youtu.be/_FCaLiZtu9s

Edit: ...and at the end it's revealed that the question had been answered endlessly for eternity! Ooooh spooky!

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm usually pretty good at this, but my brother shot me a very vague one and now its driving me nuts.

So its an anthology style film from the sounds of it, split into 3-4 parts. Each part is the same except a different apocalypse/natural disaster/bad thing happens, with credits rolling after each segment. Anyone have any clue? I'm not even sure its a film, I'm wondering if he watched some BBC docu-drama and got it mixed up.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I'm usually pretty good at this, but my brother shot me a very vague one and now its driving me nuts.

So its an anthology style film from the sounds of it, split into 3-4 parts. Each part is the same except a different apocalypse/natural disaster/bad thing happens, with credits rolling after each segment. Anyone have any clue? I'm not even sure its a film, I'm wondering if he watched some BBC docu-drama and got it mixed up.

was it End Day?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974962/

It was on netflix at some point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_Day

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Certainly sounds like it. I love that it is in fact some BBC docudrama.
edit; it was in fact this bbc docudrama.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 1, 2016

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Hazy on the details, but I think this one was set in modern England and about a young guy who's really good at lock-picking. He has to move from his rural home to London, or some other big English city, because his relationship with his new stepmom gets too strained (I think she basically sexually abuses him at some point to force him to move away?). In the city he gets in over his head when he falls in love with an older/more experienced girl/woman. This sound familiar to anyone?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the title of the movie was the main character's name. Like Charlie Something.

anatomi fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 6, 2016

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

quote:

There was one I saw as a kid, and I can barely remember any details of it. But I remember it had a family moving in to a new house or something, and it was under surveillance and there was some old guy who wanted to kill them or something weird. The most I can remember is them getting stuck in the basement, and some weird sign going off whenever they stepped on the welcome mat."

I'm trying to help my buddy remember this; I don't have a clue what it could be.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

anatomi posted:

Hazy on the details, but I think this one was set in modern England and about a young guy who's really good at lock-picking. He has to move from his rural home to London, or some other big English city, because his relationship with his new stepmom gets too strained (I think she basically sexually abuses him at some point to force him to move away?). In the city he gets in over his head when he falls in love with an older/more experienced girl/woman. This sound familiar to anyone?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the title of the movie was the main character's name. Like Charlie Something.

Hallam Foe.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm trying to help my buddy remember this; I don't have a clue what it could be.
This could be The Burbs or Nothing But Trouble.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Holy poo poo, thank you so loving much.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Slugworth posted:

This could be The Burbs or Nothing But Trouble.

Maybe Hider in the House starring Gary Busey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agfuP2XlZ6s

HOW CAN THEY LOCK HIM OUT WHEN HE'S ALREADY INSIIIIDE?!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've passed the info on to him, he'll be looking at Hider In The House. What could be more horrifying than Gary Busey?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I ask about this one like once a year or so, hasn't been solved yet:

Japanese movie that I saw around 2000-2002, that was modern day about like triad-type gangs or whatever, but had some samurai-ish stuff in it too. There was some sort of rivalry between one gang dude and a really bad gang dude, and there's a part where the bad gang dude cuts the other gang dude's girlfriend's head off in a field, with a samurai sword. Also, I remember the movie being very green, tons of green filters over everything and whatnot.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I saw a movie in high school with a title that sounds similar to Hudson Hawk but it isn't that movie (just watched a couple clips to confirm). I can't even remember what actors were in it but the male protagonist is a journalist from Muncie, IN (this is stated like eight times in the movie) and it takes place around WW2. Good luck.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Sex Hobbit posted:

I saw a movie in high school with a title that sounds similar to Hudson Hawk but it isn't that movie (just watched a couple clips to confirm). I can't even remember what actors were in it but the male protagonist is a journalist from Muncie, IN (this is stated like eight times in the movie) and it takes place around WW2. Good luck.

The Hudsucker Proxy. Great movie.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Starblind posted:

The Hudsucker Proxy. Great movie.

Yes! Thank you!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
What's the late 90s flick that I was sure had Morgan Freeman in it but I might be wrong where some thieves perform a big robbery successfully but then the city they flee to is flooding?

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Hard Rain

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Thank you!

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

codyclarke posted:

Japanese movie that I saw around 2000-2002, that was modern day about like triad-type gangs or whatever, but had some samurai-ish stuff in it too. There was some sort of rivalry between one gang dude and a really bad gang dude, and there's a part where the bad gang dude cuts the other gang dude's girlfriend's head off in a field, with a samurai sword. Also, I remember the movie being very green, tons of green filters over everything and whatnot.

Did the guy have half a hand cut off by his boss for disappointing him? This sounds familiar to me. I keep thinking its Bunraku.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

ButtWolf posted:

Did the guy have half a hand cut off by his boss for disappointing him? This sounds familiar to me. I keep thinking its Bunraku.

Nah that's way too late, looks like that came out in 2011.

1969 baby
Apr 29, 2013

codyclarke posted:

Is it Versus?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

1969 baby posted:

Is it Versus?

I'd agree with this guess, aside from the green filters.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

1969 baby posted:

Is it Versus?

Nah, but that's definitely the right track. Right kind of production values and time period. This was more of like a boring movie though.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

This sounds like one of the crappy assassin action kinda movies Tartan Asia Extreme would release in the US a lot in the late 90s and early 00s (coincidentally they released Versus in the US also). Is it maybe Naked Weapon or Shiri? The movie might be on this list:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tartan_Films_releases#Tartan_Asia_Extreme_DVD_releases

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Also try any of the Media Blasters releases under their old Tokyo Shock line, which also released Versus.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Spanish film about a controlling father who keeps his kids locked up and tells them make believe stuff. It all starts to come part with he hire a women to have sex with his son?? I'm actually trying to find the director of it as he has another film I started but didn't finish...

ElectricBlizzard
Jun 24, 2011

"I never met a monster I didn't like"

Jst0rm posted:

Spanish film about a controlling father who keeps his kids locked up and tells them make believe stuff. It all starts to come part with he hire a women to have sex with his son?? I'm actually trying to find the director of it as he has another film I started but didn't finish...

If you meant Greek you're probably looking for Kynodontas (Dogtooth) by Yorgos Lanthimos

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Yes thank you that's it! It was all hazy.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'm unsure whether or not this movie has been released yet, but there was a full trailer released about a year ago.

This is an independent sci-fi movie about a cyborg/AI that runs around wearing a hoody. The movie looked dark. There's a scene, I think, where the AI is hiding in a gas station restroom and it pulls its hood back and we see its metal skull with orange lights. The creature seems to be on the run.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Fleetwood posted:

I'm unsure whether or not this movie has been released yet, but there was a full trailer released about a year ago.

This is an independent sci-fi movie about a cyborg/AI that runs around wearing a hoody. The movie looked dark. There's a scene, I think, where the AI is hiding in a gas station restroom and it pulls its hood back and we see its metal skull with orange lights. The creature seems to be on the run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1p0_R8ZLB0

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
That's the one! Thanks.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I'm trying to remember a movie i saw on netflix maybe. It was a ghost horror movie I think. Seems like it was maybe made in the 70s and maybe british? It was about a group of people who go to a house in the countryside that is supposed to be haunted. I think they have a big machine. Theres a seance and I think a bunch of stuff gets tossed around. Thats about all I can remember.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Ramadu posted:

I'm trying to remember a movie i saw on netflix maybe. It was a ghost horror movie I think. Seems like it was maybe made in the 70s and maybe british? It was about a group of people who go to a house in the countryside that is supposed to be haunted. I think they have a big machine. Theres a seance and I think a bunch of stuff gets tossed around. Thats about all I can remember.

That sounds like Legend of Hell House.

(which rules)

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

im gaye posted:

That sounds like Legend of Hell House.

(which rules)

thanks yeah that seems to be it! It's even still on netflix!

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
OK this is an old one and was on Si-Fi before it became the wrestling channel:

80's Vintage movie, in the near future, global warming has gone to a point where people cant go out side for more than 15 minutes at a time, there are ozone warnings, and basically outside is cancer zone. The main characters parents are both leading geneticists, working on changing human biology to adapt. Their solution is to merge completely into into some state of nature/gestalt intelligence. Their house and his parents become a swamp/breeding pool for the next step of human evolution. The protagonist is left to die strapped to the college campus sundial, but is saved by his plant powers. He and his gf retreat to his house where his parent scourge the high school bullies, and the last infrastructure fails.

All of this seems to be done on the same budget as that Nickelodeon show where all the high school kids get lost on a space ship and crash land on a planet season 2.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It's a B&W war movie (Korea or WW2 maybe) and there's a guy everybody thinks is a coward. In the end, his unit is stuck between the enemy and a minefield so he clears the mines by blowing himself up to let them escape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Gaj posted:

OK this is an old one and was on Si-Fi before it became the wrestling channel:

80's Vintage movie, in the near future, global warming has gone to a point where people cant go out side for more than 15 minutes at a time, there are ozone warnings, and basically outside is cancer zone. The main characters parents are both leading geneticists, working on changing human biology to adapt. Their solution is to merge completely into into some state of nature/gestalt intelligence. Their house and his parents become a swamp/breeding pool for the next step of human evolution. The protagonist is left to die strapped to the college campus sundial, but is saved by his plant powers. He and his gf retreat to his house where his parent scourge the high school bullies, and the last infrastructure fails.

All of this seems to be done on the same budget as that Nickelodeon show where all the high school kids get lost on a space ship and crash land on a planet season 2.

Habitat

The more I read your description the more I realized this was one of those random movies I saw at least twice on SciFi and hadn't thought about since high school