Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It sure is! The highlight for me, though, is when JCVD bites the rattle off a rattlesnake to create a silenced rattlesnake and kills a guy with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

DorianGravy posted:

That definitely looks like it! For whatever reason, though, I still only remember that opening scene. Still, JCVD and Lance Henriksen? I need to watch that again. Thanks!

It also has Wilford Brimley and was John Woo's first American movie. Definitely worth a rewatch.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Looking for a movie where there's a scene of somebody alone in a bathroom staring into the mirror and then shaving their head. I feel like this scene has been in a bunch of different movies I'm just blanking on them.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fletcher posted:

Looking for a movie where there's a scene of somebody alone in a bathroom staring into the mirror and then shaving their head. I feel like this scene has been in a bunch of different movies I'm just blanking on them.

Male or Female?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pyBB7y8fDU
Royal Tenenbaum's springs immediately into mind.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

EDIT: ^^^ Goddammit!!

Ah well, more people need to see The Royal Tenenbaums, so this goon is alright.

fletcher posted:

The Royal Tenenbaums, when Richie finds out that Margot has been cheating on Raleigh with a bunch of guys, including Eli.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg6EXX011rs

I've always wondered why Richie says 'I'm going to kill myself tomorrow', but then just does it right there. Anyone?

edit: Oh, nevermind... from the commentary (copy-pasted from a site discussing Anderson answering this question):

quote:

Anderson mentions confusion he has heard from audience members about Richie’s line “I’m going to kill myself tomorrow” followed by him slitting his wrists. The director explains it’s a line taken from Le feu follet or The Fire Within, a Louis Malle movie, which Anderson notes was a huge influence on The Royal Tenenbaums. He explains this was a “turn” Richie makes and decides then and there to kill himself immediately.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 24, 2016

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

It also has Wilford Brimley and was John Woo's first American movie. Definitely worth a rewatch.

There's also this classic to consider.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Belgian movie about a woman whose son kills himself after getting molested by priests, sending her into a priest-killing rampage. Came out a year or three ago.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

fletcher posted:

Aliens 3 had a scene with Ripley wiping down a foggy mirror to reveal her face.

Edit: Crap didn't realize you said shaving their head, in Aliens 3 Ripley already had the shaved head.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

fletcher posted:

Empire Records has Robin Tunney shaving her head in the mirror

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
I want to revisit a Hong Kong-movie I saw once, but I can't remember the title!
It's probably from the 80s, but could possibly be from late 70s. The settting is "feudal China". In the final battle against the bad guy, a falcon helps the heroes. In the last moments of the film, the bad guy grabs the falcon and tears it apart. It's a real bird getting torn apart. While he does this, one of the heroes kicks the villain in the back, followed immediately by freeze-frame and ending credits.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Belgian movie about a woman whose son kills himself after getting molested by priests, sending her into a priest-killing rampage. Came out a year or three ago.

Au Nom Du Fils

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001

fletcher posted:

V for Vendetta?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Action/horror movie where a squad of heavily armed bank robbers DB Cooper from a heist and hole up in a farmhouse to be picked off one by one by animate scarecrows. I'd say from the 2000s and low budget.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Thejaff posted:

Au Nom Du Fils

Oh god dammit I was just thinking to myself how In The Name of the Son would be a perfect name for that movie, but I was so sure that wasn't it. Guess I was wrong/right. Thanks!

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mr. Squishy posted:

Action/horror movie where a squad of heavily armed bank robbers DB Cooper from a heist and hole up in a farmhouse to be picked off one by one by animate scarecrows. I'd say from the 2000s and low budget.

Scarecrows?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's Scarecrows. Wow I'm bad at pegging movie decades. Thanks!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ManDingo posted:

V for Vendetta?

Shaving their own head, isn't it?

If it's black and white it's probably Pi.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
Ah yes, good call.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Weird 80s scifi about a modern day guy sent back to the old west. The outlaws in the movie get freaked out by his motorcycle, and the lead bad guy gets killed by the tail rotor of a helicopter, leaving just a bloody pair of cowboy boots.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

SimonCat posted:

Weird 80s scifi about a modern day guy sent back to the old west. The outlaws in the movie get freaked out by his motorcycle, and the lead bad guy gets killed by the tail rotor of a helicopter, leaving just a bloody pair of cowboy boots.

Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Thanks! I really need to revisit this, look at that cast!

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
A clip I saw as a kid that scared the poo poo out of me, would have been in the late 80s, but the movie could be older than that. A guy is walking back to his cabin in a jungle, but when he gets there, he sees... So, I thought they were zombies as a kid, but as an adult I feel like what I probably saw was actually a tribal people painted white, walking around in his cabin.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Slugworth posted:

A clip I saw as a kid that scared the poo poo out of me, would have been in the late 80s, but the movie could be older than that. A guy is walking back to his cabin in a jungle, but when he gets there, he sees... So, I thought they were zombies as a kid, but as an adult I feel like what I probably saw was actually a tribal people painted white, walking around in his cabin.

The zombies in Fulci's "Zombie" are a pretty dusty grey-white, and there are a few scenes in a house on a tropical island/jungle setting.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Looking for a movie I saw in the mid 90's (it was most likely made in the 80's) as a kid where iirc a man in a car is chasing after someone in a black car that has a sunroof and extremely tinted windows. A woman stands up and screams for help from the car being chased, but the driver somehow loses control and the car goes off a cliff...But then returns unscathed almost immediately after. Any ideas?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Origami Dali posted:

The zombies in Fulci's "Zombie" are a pretty dusty grey-white, and there are a few scenes in a house on a tropical island/jungle setting.
I'll check it out (it's one of those films I probably should have already), but I'm leaning more towards them not having been zombies. Thanks though!

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Parachute posted:

Looking for a movie I saw in the mid 90's (it was most likely made in the 80's) as a kid where iirc a man in a car is chasing after someone in a black car that has a sunroof and extremely tinted windows. A woman stands up and screams for help from the car being chased, but the driver somehow loses control and the car goes off a cliff...But then returns unscathed almost immediately after. Any ideas?

That sounds like Wheels of Terror.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

That sounds like Wheels of Terror.

That's it, thank you!

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
A french movie from the 80s I think, where a man lures a doctor into the African desert to kill him because he blames the doctor for his wifes death. There is a scene where they cross a ravine in a small cable car.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doodlebugs posted:

A french movie from the 80s I think, where a man lures a doctor into the African desert to kill him because he blames the doctor for his wifes death. There is a scene where they cross a ravine in a small cable car.

An Eye for an Eye.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

sorry no thats not it

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

doodlebugs posted:

sorry no thats not it

You sure? Here's the ravine-crossing scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUaCjyFzm3U

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

Action Jacktion posted:

You sure? Here's the ravine-crossing scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUaCjyFzm3U

holy poo poo yaeh that is it!

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

There is a movie from the 1970s or '80s that I have been looking for years, but Google is becoming less and less useful for the purpose of finding these things as time goes on and more 'The 15 Best Endings!'-articles appear in every search instead. I'm specifically looking for the closing credits scene, where the unsuspecting main character (a very shady politician of some kind, if my memory serves me right) has been lured into the passenger backseat of a taxi cab and is held at gunpoint by a man in the front while the car drives away. After a few moments, the camera switches to a frontal shot of the main character for the final minutes of the film, who visibly goes through several emotional states as he contemplates his almost certain impending death. The credits are rolling during this entire time. I thought that this was a brilliant way to end a story, and the scene has been stuck in my mind ever since, even though I seem to have forgotten everything else about it!

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Gimmick Account posted:

There is a movie from the 1970s or '80s that I have been looking for years, but Google is becoming less and less useful for the purpose of finding these things as time goes on and more 'The 15 Best Endings!'-articles appear in every search instead. I'm specifically looking for the closing credits scene, where the unsuspecting main character (a very shady politician of some kind, if my memory serves me right) has been lured into the passenger backseat of a taxi cab and is held at gunpoint by a man in the front while the car drives away. After a few moments, the camera switches to a frontal shot of the main character for the final minutes of the film, who visibly goes through several emotional states as he contemplates his almost certain impending death. The credits are rolling during this entire time. I thought that this was a brilliant way to end a story, and the scene has been stuck in my mind ever since, even though I seem to have forgotten everything else about it!

That would be Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday

The scene in question.

EDITED for clarity, phone-posting

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 18, 2016

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

donquixotic posted:

That would be Bob Hoskins in The Long Good Friday

The scene in question.

EDITED for clarity, phone-posting

Amazing!! That is it, yes! Thank you so much, that movie has been driving me crazy for YEARS. Apparently I misremembered a lot of things about it, too.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

To be fair to google, that really is one of the 15 best endings.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's the crowning scene of a really great movie.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

punchymcpunch posted:

To be fair to google, that really is one of the 15 best endings.

I agree, but judging from those lists, the Z-grade 'journalists' that write them appear to prefer the endings of superhero movies made in the last ten years or so. Which is why I was never able to find this wonderful thing again until now!

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Really weird request. The 2000 Dungeons and Dragons movie is notoriously bad but I once saw a hilarious compilation of clips involving a minor background character who for some reason was pulling stupid faces the whole time. But I cannot for the life of me find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

kaesarsosei posted:

Really weird request. The 2000 Dungeons and Dragons movie is notoriously bad but I once saw a hilarious compilation of clips involving a minor background character who for some reason was pulling stupid faces the whole time. But I cannot for the life of me find it.

Are you sure you arent thinking of Orlando Bloom in the background of group shots of LotR?