Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Does someone recognize this spoop:

I have no other information, just this still.

e: Just noticed the watermark so here's a clip: http://spicyhorror.tumblr.com/post/146122861060

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Sep 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Does someone recognize this spoop:

I have no other information, just this still.

e: Just noticed the watermark so here's a clip: http://spicyhorror.tumblr.com/post/146122861060

One minute of reverse google image search tells me it's Spooks Run Wild

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

donquixotic posted:

One minute of reverse google image search tells me it's Spooks Run Wild

Well gently caress, all I got was Damien van Hirn. Thanks :tipshat:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Trying to remember a movie off a trailer I saw on YouTube a while ago, never got around to seeing it.

Things I'm certain of:
- Modern film, indie, released within the last few years.
- Very strong 80's style, meant to evoke thrillers from that time.
- Trailer used yellow, retro-looking font, and sinister synth music (strikingly 80's synth sound, creepy sustained notes).

Things I'm not so sure of:
- I recall seeing some award logos, but don't remember what the awards or film festivals were.
- Looked like a revenge flick set in rural America (maybe the South, not sure).
- From what I remember, the trailer shows protagonist harms/kills antagonist's adult son, antagonist begins targeting protagonist's young son. Several shots of antagonist brooding in a car, watching the protagonist and his son.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Tupperwarez posted:

Trying to remember a movie off a trailer I saw on YouTube a while ago, never got around to seeing it.

Things I'm certain of:
- Modern film, indie, released within the last few years.
- Very strong 80's style, meant to evoke thrillers from that time.
- Trailer used yellow, retro-looking font, and sinister synth music (strikingly 80's synth sound, creepy sustained notes).

Things I'm not so sure of:
- I recall seeing some award logos, but don't remember what the awards or film festivals were.
- Looked like a revenge flick set in rural America (maybe the South, not sure).
- From what I remember, the trailer shows protagonist harms/kills antagonist's adult son, antagonist begins targeting protagonist's young son. Several shots of antagonist brooding in a car, watching the protagonist and his son.

That sounds like Cold In July.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkyuV69YZcM

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo, I need to see this. Thanks for posting it!

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
YES! That's the one, thanks much! That track that comes on at the end is sick as hell. Gonna peep dis.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Tupperwarez posted:

YES! That's the one, thanks much! That track that comes on at the end is sick as hell. Gonna peep dis.

:suspense:

gently caress me. That's how you do a trailer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Skunkrocker posted:

:suspense:

gently caress me. That's how you do a trailer.

Yeah, I'm iffy on Michael C Hall (Six Feet Under = Perfect, Dexter = half good, half terrible, and he was an executive producer during the bad half), but goddamn, this looks fantastic. Amd it's on (Canadian) Netflix! I know what I'll be watching tonight.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Cold in July is great and mad underrated.

JackBobby
Feb 26, 2016

Yeah- really good movie based on a really good little novel.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Looking for a foreign language psychological horror movie I saw a trailer for earlier in the year, if i remember correctly the plot is about two young girls who go into a cave near a beach and find some evil spirit, or come out of the cave possessed in some way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Vier posted:

Looking for a foreign language psychological horror movie I saw a trailer for earlier in the year, if i remember correctly the plot is about two young girls who go into a cave near a beach and find some evil spirit, or come out of the cave possessed in some way.

Here Comes the Devil

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
From https://vimeo.com/161526902 (Smash TV - Beyond, parts of it are NFSW) at 06:29 (and looking at the shapes of the creature's heads, 6:17 as well)

Screenshot:

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Pretty sure those are from The Neverending Story 2 (or 3)

/Last image here has a clear look

westborn fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 2, 2016

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Laserjet 4P posted:

From https://vimeo.com/161526902 (Smash TV - Beyond, parts of it are NFSW) at 06:29 (and looking at the shapes of the creature's heads, 6:17 as well)

Screenshot:

I hate that watching that video made me want to see so many of the things in it. Holy moly, where to begin. There seems to be so much excellent old horror and scifi stuff that is right up my alley.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

westborn posted:

Pretty sure those are from The Neverending Story 2 (or 3)

/Last image here has a clear look

It's definitely 2.

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, thank you. They just looked so immensely bizarre. I saw part one thanks to an uncle with a whole VHS library but didn't know there was a part two.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Spiteski posted:

I hate that watching that video made me want to see so many of the things in it. Holy moly, where to begin. There seems to be so much excellent old horror and scifi stuff that is right up my alley.

I like how it starts straight away with The Visitor.

Vier
Aug 5, 2007

Thanks, I have had a look but that does not seem to be it, if I remember correctly they are children not adults that go in the cave.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Vier posted:

Thanks, I have had a look but that does not seem to be it, if I remember correctly they are children not adults that go in the cave.

You may have misread the wiki page because it is about kids

New_User
Oct 26, 2005

Kim Jong-Erkel?
I am really hoping someone can help me with this one. There is a horror movie I recall seeing as a child. I remember my dad renting it sometime in the mid 90s. It is a horror movie and takes place in a toy factory. There are these two detectives, one is male and the other is female. I don't recall much from it but I remember at the end the male detective becomes possessed, and I remember that he either takes out his eyes or an eyeball pops out, something of the sort. I believe the reason the detectives were there was that they chased a bad guy into the factory. Also, I think there was a scene with a dollhouse and someone looks in it and sees something (sorry, but I can't remember what they exactly see). I have been racking my brain for years trying to remember this movie and can't find it for the life of me.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

New_User posted:

I am really hoping someone can help me with this one. There is a horror movie I recall seeing as a child. I remember my dad renting it sometime in the mid 90s. It is a horror movie and takes place in a toy factory. There are these two detectives, one is male and the other is female. I don't recall much from it but I remember at the end the male detective becomes possessed, and I remember that he either takes out his eyes or an eyeball pops out, something of the sort. I believe the reason the detectives were there was that they chased a bad guy into the factory. Also, I think there was a scene with a dollhouse and someone looks in it and sees something (sorry, but I can't remember what they exactly see). I have been racking my brain for years trying to remember this movie and can't find it for the life of me.

Demonic Toys

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I seem to remember an animated movie very similar to The Iron Giant in that it involved a kid befriending the robot a d trying to keep the robot secret. I believe the time period was also set in the 50s or 60s much like The Iron Giant. . . The only scene I remember from the movie involved an electronics repair shop that the robot somehow ended up in, and there was something about a radio that needed a new antenna.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Crotch Fruit posted:

I seem to remember an animated movie very similar to The Iron Giant in that it involved a kid befriending the robot a d trying to keep the robot secret. I believe the time period was also set in the 50s or 60s much like The Iron Giant. . . The only scene I remember from the movie involved an electronics repair shop that the robot somehow ended up in, and there was something about a radio that needed a new antenna.

That sounds a lot like The Brave Little Toaster.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Egbert Souse posted:

That sounds a lot like The Brave Little Toaster.

Try to remember if an air conditioner had a brain aneurysm. If that sounds familiar, it's Toaster.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
poo poo it is The Brave Little Toaster. . . I just watched some, and it sucks. I want my old memory of a good but non-existent movie back.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A feature-length old Soviet-bloc fairy-tale cartoon animation with kings and animals and stuff. Pretty well drawn and animated. Saw most of it on TV in the early-to-mid eighties and miserably failed to videotape the rest of it on our Salora VCR because I was a dumb kid. The one thing I remember is a squirrel putting on a head scarf ба́бушка-style and doing a cutesy song and dance. There might have been an overarching story in the normal current-day world with a boy (of course) that maybe got into the fairy-tale world?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Jerry Cotton posted:

A feature-length old Soviet-bloc fairy-tale cartoon animation with kings and animals and stuff. Pretty well drawn and animated. Saw most of it on TV in the early-to-mid eighties and miserably failed to videotape the rest of it on our Salora VCR because I was a dumb kid. The one thing I remember is a squirrel putting on a head scarf ба́бушка-style and doing a cutesy song and dance. There might have been an overarching story in the normal current-day world with a boy (of course) that maybe got into the fairy-tale world?

Perhaps this is 1980s Disney Channel favorite, The Elm-Chanted Forest?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

Perhaps this is 1980s Disney Channel favorite, The Elm-Chanted Forest?

Nah I'd remember that cactus guy. The humans in the film were humans not weird mutants, and the style was more European than neo-Disneyan if that makes any sense. (But thanks anyway, I'll have to watch that one.)

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 7, 2016

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
So, I caught this horror movie on HBO about fifteen years ago and remember very little of it. I remember at one point, the main group enters a house, or maybe a garage, and there are bodies hanging around, including one torn in half, with the guts hanging out. I also remember a conversation between an older man and a young guy, about the old guy having gay sex and him saying something like, "When you're in your golden years, you gotta try everything."

I'm also thinking that body snatching was involved, but I don't think it was a remake or anything. I'm also seeming to recall that it took place in a small town.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Crotch Fruit posted:

poo poo it is The Brave Little Toaster. . . I just watched some, and it sucks. I want my old memory of a good but non-existent movie back.

Hey screw u buddy

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I vaguely recall this film and would like to remember what it was.

Action flick about a college kid who discovers like, some kind of 'musical note' that enhances power production or something. Something happens, I think there's a huge explosion and he goes on the run. I don't recall much more than that.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

khy posted:

I vaguely recall this film and would like to remember what it was.

Action flick about a college kid who discovers like, some kind of 'musical note' that enhances power production or something. Something happens, I think there's a huge explosion and he goes on the run. I don't recall much more than that.

Kind of sounds like Chain Reaction

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I believe that's it, I only ever saw bits and pieces and figured I'd check it out when bored. But reading up on it now, I may just save the time and look into something better since it looks like it did rather poorly. Thank you.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Scifi movie from either 70s but no later than 80s. Kinda had a 2001 vibe. The stills from it are usually a middle aged white guy in a suit with a reddish hue staring through glass panes iirc. Sounds vague I know. Guy looks kinda like cave Johnson from portal

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Scifi movie from either 70s but no later than 80s. Kinda had a 2001 vibe. The stills from it are usually a middle aged white guy in a suit with a reddish hue staring through glass panes iirc. Sounds vague I know. Guy looks kinda like cave Johnson from portal

This sounds like a famous shot from the end of Tarkovsky's "Solaris."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Not Solaris. Found it, in fact it was Beyond the Black Rainbow....a movie from 2010

I dont know why I kept thinking it was from the 70s

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Alan Smithee posted:

Not Solaris. Found it, in fact it was Beyond the Black Rainbow....a movie from 2010

I dont know why I kept thinking it was from the 70s

Because that's 100% the aesthetic of the film. (Well, more 80s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
I suddenly had this memory of a film appear in my head, a young black man standing in a field and this woman yells at him and suddenly his knees invert and he runs away with his legs working all backwards because he's an alien or something. That is all I can remember.