Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

invalid user posted:

Ok, here's one.

I recall a monster that teleports, an older sister, a younger brother with a machine gun, and sister's boyfriend who looks something like Casey Jones who gets eaten by the monster.

The scene I remember is that the sis and boyfriend go up to their parent's room and the lil bro carrying his gun doesn't want them to go in there. They go in there and her parents and grandparents are in there, all in bed together and look like they're covered in slime/snot/whatever. She says something's disgusting about it all. Then the monster materializes and glides over to eat the screaming boyfriend.

Monster In The Closet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

seventeen posted:

I can't for the life of me remember the name of this documentary I saw on the Sundance Channel about two or three weeks ago.

If anyone knows the title to this documentary, I will love you forever.

Stevie. It's a pretty good and disturbing film.

I'll be waiting for the love.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

Was wondering if there were any zombie movies made before 28 Days Later that featured running zombies

Nightmare City. One of my favourite great bad films.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Secks posted:

I can't identify the reference but here is a screengrab of the guy:

He looks like the dude from the end of UHF, which I'm guessing was probably also a parody of the film you're looking for. Looking at IMDB under UHF references, I'm guessing maybe This Island Earth? It's the only one that maybe seems to fit (I haven't seen it). Maybe Close Encounters of The Third Kind? Been a while since I saw that film, but I can't remember a scene like that. Or, maybe it was UHF you were thinking about?

Hope this helps ring some bells.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

rendicil posted:

I need a movie identified. It's an australian movie about a guy who carjacks a jaguar (I think) and the trouble that ensues. It seems like it was a pretty famous movie in Australia but I saw it in Israel. I saw it in 93 so it was made either sometime in the 80s.

The original Gone in 60 Seconds? If that's not it, it's probably another film by the same director.

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Been trying to find this one for years. Here's what I recall:

•It's a POW film. (pretty sure).
•There is one scene where the men of a unit (possibly POWs) are watching a magician. I can't recall if he was all stagey or just one of the guys doing magic tricks. Anyhow, one of the men asks him to explain the rabbit in the hat trick, which involves having a false bottom in the hat. This gives him the idea to build a false wall in one of the trains that he and the other POWs have to load. The idea is that they will hide behind the wall to escape.
•I seem to remember 3 men escaping and having to cross some sort of frozen tundra in a harsh snow storm.

I think the film was in black and white, but I could be mistaked. I saw it sometime in the 80s when my dad was watching a lot of POW escape films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fredhate
Jul 30, 2006

Disinfestator posted:

Saw it on- TV
When- Early to mid 1990s
Genre- not sure, as I only remember one scene. Horror?

The only scene I recall is a waitress standing behind a counter in a diner where for some reason, a butcher knife attached to a record player turntable placed on a low shelf starts spinning and slices her foot. At least, that's how I remember it.

There is a scene similar to this (sans record player) in Maximum Overdrive. An electric butcher knife slices in to a waitresses foot in the cook's area of a truck stop diner.