Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Okay now this is vague so I'll be as precise as possible.

The film I'm looking for has a scene where a pretty blonde girl is being hosed from behind by a red faced fat kid while standing up and leaning against something - crates or probably hay bales in barn. The girl turns her head to the boy and says "have you ever done it this way before" (standing and from behind) and he I think makes a mumbling reply but it quite clearly implied he'd never had sex before now.

Pretty certain it was mid to late 90s, at the very earliest it would've been early 90s and the very latest before say 2004.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Used Cars?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
This one thankfully isn't obscure but the name escapes me. It's a tv show more than likely from the late 90s and revolved around I think a cop and villain living next door to each other. Features ridiculous action sequences all in slow motion, very silly action-comedy type show where the neighbours keep having run-ins.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

codyclarke posted:

Cops and Robbersons?

Nope, it was a tv series. Perhaps more obscure than I remember. I don't think it ran for particularly long, the villain I've seen in a number of things but can't remember what - he's tall and has got a beard and a receding hairline. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This sounds like "The War Next Door".

Ah yes brilliant, thanks. I tried searching imdb for action-comedies and at one point I guessed Enemy Next Door but didn't get it. Only 13 episodes, no wonder nobody remembered it.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

zombieman posted:

I'm trying to remember the title of a British gangster movie set in the 60s (I think). All I can remember is something to do with a gangster being murdered because he was a gay rapist, or something along those lines. I thought it was Gangster No 1, but I just watched that, and that wasn't it.

I'll sleep when I'm dead wasn't set in the 60s but it was about a gangster being murdered for raping a man

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

lathode posted:

About 10 years ago I watched a movie about a fake reality. It focused on a man who knew something was wrong and he met a woman in a library and they started to figure out th truth. They get out of the fake reality and see the world is a mess, poverty everywhere and whatnot. They found out people are in the fake reality in order to cope with life. But they keep pushing and find out that world is also fake, that it was made for people who didn't accept the other reality.. There were 3 fake realities I believe, then they find the machine that created the fake realities and destroyed it.

It didn't seem to be answered yet so it sounds like you are referring to Virtual Nightmare I saw the film sometime after the Matrix came out and at the time there were a lot of Matrixy films this was one of them and seems to match the description

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Glass Joe posted:

Random scene just popped into my head. I want to say it was a thriller: hero guy is in the back seat of a car with some thugs, possibly mobsters, and he escapes by biting a guys nose off. He spits it out afterward.

Mel Gibson bites a chunk off someones nose in Conspiracy Theory in order to escape being held captive, wasn't the back seat of a car though.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

JaundiceDave posted:

I recall reading about this movie a while ago, and I believe there was a short clip of it on youtube, or it could have been the whole thing (it might have been a short film). It was a movie consisting of shots of empty rooms, where action presumably had taken place; it was like watching a movie five minutes behind the stuff actually happening. It was in black and white, so I'm guessing it was an older movie. I can't remember the nationality, but if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it was French. There was no dialog, as there were no characters, or even people. Please help me find this movie!

Google has been no help. Please help me, I need this film to help tie together a paper I'm writing.

La Jetée
perhaps

part one on youtube

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Boz0r posted:

I once saw a fantasy film where there was a man and a woman who traveled together or something, the woman was a bird at day and the man was a wolf at night.

Ladyhawke

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Boat Trip. Although that's going on the fact I saw the trailer for it a decade ago.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Apes-Ma posted:

I am looking for a zombie-film where a man is torn apart by zombies before a movie screen. The thing is that the blood is projected on the screen, rather than it being a result of him getting torn apart.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

My guess would be Demons, which was zombies/demons in a cinema, though I'm sure someone who remembers the film better than me will tell me why I'm wrong.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
An Australian home invasion film, very reminiscent of Badlands in that there's a young couple terrorising people in much the same way, the girl is essentially innocent and the young man is a psychopath. The thing that should stand out is the fact the man was referred to in a review I read at the time as a young Brad Pitt, he did look alike and the voice I seem to remember was similar. Definitely Australian, within the last 10 years but beyond that I couldn't say anything more. Have tried googling this and no luck at all.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Bearnt! posted:

Well there was Kalifornia which is very similar to Badlands and stars the real Brad Pitt in his early 20s but it's not Australian. Maybe Kiss or Kill?

Nope wasn't Kiss or Kill, though when I looked that up on imdb I checked a list of recommended Aussie thrillers and found Restraint with Travis Fimmel who everyone insists is a Brad Pitt wannabe. Thanks for the suggestion, wouldn't have found it otherwise.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I'm certain this a fairly famous film, nothing too obscure, pretty sure it was black and white and 40s or 50s, probably 50s.

A man is on trial for murder in a small town in America, it's a courtroom drama and the point is not whether or not he murdered the man but whether it was justified. The man he murdered was allegedly trying to rape the accused's wife/girlfriend but she was known for being a man-eater and spends the film coming onto to the defence lawyer.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
loving son of a bitch. How could I not have known that? Thanks, I would've got it if I'd known it had James Stewart in.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I remember a scene where a man and a woman are fighting physically and it ends with the man with a knife/sword at the woman's throat so you think he won the fight. But then the camera shifts or pulls out and you see the woman also has a blade at the guy's crotch. She might raise her eyebrows or pat the knife against him, maybe I'm making that part up.

Also, this is not from Blade 2.

As well as being from Pitch Black the exact scene is in Equilibrium as well, again with two men fighting.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A film that takes place after a Navy ship had sunk and the sailors are adrift. There is a scene where one of them goes nuts after drinking sea water and he claims that the water is better the further down you go so he swims deep and gets a mouth full of water and spits it into other sailors mouths for them to drink. I'm certain this isn't from the last 20 years.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Mouser.. posted:

Sounds like the story of the USS Indianapolis. There's a TV movie called Mission of the Shark starring Stacy Keach. Might be what you are looking for.

I figured it might be a little older than that but that's more than likely it, thanks.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I was convinced this was on the BBC but maybe it was Channel 4 - either way British tv. It was on tv I think in 1999/2000. It was a drama about working class people in some particular trade and I think called The BLANK. The Dock, The Plant, The Firm, The Mill, The Pit.

EDIT: It was Clocking Off.

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 17, 2013

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
British kids tv show involving a time travel capable motorcycle, I'm guessing early 90s. It was a woman who rode the (probably black) bike and had a young girl (boy? don't remember) with her. At one point they were fleeing the Roundheads (Cavaliers? don't remember) and at another point they get in trouble with Union (Confederate?) soldiers so they could travel through time and space.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
Arlington Road

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I can't think how to google this. Nick Nolte (of course it may not be him) is sitting next to a terrified woman and he has a gun to either her head or his own and is talking about how he can kill them both as the bullet will travel through his head then hers (or vice versa).

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
No no not quite. This was a 90s film. I'd forgotten there was a scene like that in Skyfall, I still don't remember it now.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
There was a either tv movie or tv miniseries about a man who escapes from a chain gang that ends up becoming an author and his wife finds out he was a fugitive from a chain gang.

Now, this is most certainly not the 1932 film "I am a fugitive from a chain gang" nor is it "The man who broke 1,000 chains" starring Val Kilmer.

I swear to god it was called "The 49 (or 39) Rings" because the hero of the story was the semi-detached chain gang member who breaks his own ankle to escape. But according to imdb and google, there's no such thing as "The 49 Rings" or "The Forty-Nine Rings" or any other number from 29-99.

Also this was more than likely made in the 90s.

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 5, 2013

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I think I'm probably mixing up multiple tv episodes and tv movies and feature films in my head into one big jumble and then labelling it 39 rings, when it probably is "39 Stripes".

Thanks for the suggestion.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Helicoprion posted:

Im looking for the name of a movie late 90s early 2000s. Its about a young guy,hes running from the police for the murder of his girlfriend(I think) he meets a black dude who says he will help him out. but the black dude turns out to be the real killer and tries to pin the murder or murders on the young guy. I also remember it ends with a train in the snow. Its kinda like the Hitcher but its not.

I would be really gratefull if someone could id this.

Sounds like Switchback. The black man being Danny Glover.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

SCARYJEINFELD posted:

I very vaguely remember this from my childhood: it was some kind of horror movie for kids, or atleast an episode of a kids horror anthology show (like Goosebumps, but I've looked at every episode and it's not it) that was clearly heavily inspired by They Live. It was the same basic setup, but with a kid finding glasses that let him see people as monsters instead of Rowdy Roddy Piper. I remember there was a scene in a crazy monster dungeon, and I remember that there was a monster-cop that put the kid in the dungeon. I think that might have been the end of the movie, but putting the kid in jail seems like too much of a downer ending for a kids thing. I also think the kid may have gotten the glasses from a very stereotypical mad scientist that gets dissapeared after he gives away the glasses.

Sounds kind of like this episode of Are You Afraid of the Dark

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A French film about a teacher/lecturer/professor taking a sabbatical at the beginning of the story for one reason or another and then ends up in a relationship with a girl described as bovine I think in the plot synopsis but wasn't particularly fat. There's a scene where the girl takes a piss then dries herself with a towel. I'm going to say mid-late 90s and I think the teacher was married.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

1. A quadriplegic man has his wife sit on his face so he can pleasure her. It had an element of sadness and humiliation to it all. I saw this at night on (I think) the sci-fi channel around about the year 2000 and it seemed like a much older movie, so I would guess early 90s/late 80s.

This happens in Live Flesh

His wife is having an affair and at one point he asks her to sit on his face and she says no, he asks why and she says "because my pussy hurts from loving all night". How's that for sadness and humiliation

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Aug 14, 2014

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
The scene I remember from a thriller is some men in an office building interrogating a wheelchair bound man who laughs at them when they pour hot coffee on his legs to get him to talk.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Ha. It's all coming back to me. I saw Blankman, I remember watching Blankman.

Thanks for that.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Frontspac posted:

I rented a movie on VHS in the early 2000s. It was a Japanese horror film, one of the first I saw after the first spate of American remakes started to hit. It was set in a hospital, and had something to do with an infection or quarantine. I remember it devolving into something really kind of surreal and hard to piece together at the end -- but I was also a kid and might've just not followed it very well. I remember green slime factoring in somehow, as well as some regular ol' gore.

Infection (2004)

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
A couple, I think they were camp counselors, gently caress in a barn while standing up. The male is a fat bastard

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

Notinghamington posted:

OK, I can't remember much of this movie, but from what I do it was a color movie, but with its mute tones it looks black and white, it's a comedy and sort of a commentary on technology and it's affect on society. I think it's French, but I'm not sure. There was one scene I remember; this one woman enters a restaurant and she has this long dress but her steps are not existent, it's like gliding on the floor. It's an old movie, I believe 1960? Not too sure though, I've been looking for this movie for days, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it.

Playtime?

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

SnakePlissken posted:

Hi folks, help! Need the name of an indie movie from the 90s where three young-ish guys get together back in their old hometown. One is a musician or something and he confides in but doesn't hook up with a young girl that's accompanying them. He -- I only read a review, years ago -- turns her down and advises her to set her sights higher than bumblefuck USA. Read the review in the Washington City Paper many years ago.

Beautiful girls? The young girl being Nathalie Portman with whom Matt Dillon flirts but never consumates the relationship. He plays a piano player.

EDITED to death

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 6, 2015

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
I think this may have been a made for TV thriller rather than a proper movie. There's an apartment block where the main character lives and he is annoyed by the noise of his neighbour's loud TV so he complains. Then the villain who is making the noise kills the neighbour of this man (maybe he made the complaint and made up which apartment he was in) the one who is murdered was a musician with egg carton sound-proofing. At some point the hero climbs over the balcony to get into the noisy apartment and the TV is on a timer

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

This one is really vague. I remember reading a review for a horror or thriller that premiered at a festival. This would have been around 2004-2008. I meant to keep track of its release but totally forgot about it.

What I can remember of the plot was a mother and her three sons who go to a house and keep a woman--or a woman and her children--hostage. One of the kidnapper sons was a known teen actor around that time(someone like Kyle Gallner) I think.

Super vague, but that's all I can remember and I figured I'd ask before it slips my mind again.
Sounds like The Girl Next Door

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 29, 2015

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Alternatively An American Crime, same story, released the same year.
That's actually the one I was thinking of but forgot the title and convinced myself I was thinking of the girl next door

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

codyclarke posted:

They Live is sort of this, but I assume you've seen that. Also Repo Man.

It's not those. I'm struggling to find the title myself because I know the exact film but don't remember the title and it's driving me nuts.

EDIT: it's also not The thirteenth floor

donquixotic fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 17, 2015