Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This was a movie that I saw only a couple times as a young child. It was a supernatural thriller I believe. It was made in the 70's-80's, and involved an old burned down mansion home out in the country(either England or U.S.). A family arrives (i'm not sure if its to rebuild it or what, I can't honestly remember) and although this part of it gets kind of fuzzy for me, they (the teen children of the family) come into contact with the ghost teens that lived there before. The movie plays out with the ghost teens explaining their lives (perhaps some kind of romantic plot that affecting the house burning down and them dying in it).

This is my best recolection, and I'm not 100% sure of any of the details, so there may have been more plot with the adult characters than I remember. Also as another detail, there may be some confusion amongst the ghost teen kids as to if they are actually dead, and as the present day living teen kids find out the story, it brings closure of a sort to the dead teens. This was definetly not a kids movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

im gaye posted:

Lance Henriksen is the greatest man to have ever lived

Had the chance to have lunch and hang out with him for a week. Really cool down to earth guy and man he's got so many awesome stories from shooting all these crowd-pleaser movies that you could listen to him go on for hours without realizing it.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My Lovely Horse posted:

Saw a scene from what was probably a martial arts movie the other day where a woman was dancing in a circle of gongs and hitting them with her very long sleeves. Looked relatively recent and had very vivid colours, although I did see it on a demo display in an electronics store so maybe they just turned the saturation way up. I guess it could have been a custom store demo scene but it seemed a bit too specific a scene to shoot just for a demo DVD.

Journey to the West (2013) maybe? I definitely remember the scene but not entirely sure its in that movie.

DandyLion fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 8, 2016

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

fletcher posted:

Looking for a movie where there's a scene of somebody alone in a bathroom staring into the mirror and then shaving their head. I feel like this scene has been in a bunch of different movies I'm just blanking on them.

Aliens 3 had a scene with Ripley wiping down a foggy mirror to reveal her face.

Edit: Crap didn't realize you said shaving their head, in Aliens 3 Ripley already had the shaved head.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

No he's saying that just sounds like regular ordinary people.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Retro Futurist posted:

We found it, Mio in the Land of Faraway, which is some weird Swedish movie that I have never heard of but apparently stars Christian Bale and Christopher Lee

Doh I was about to reply to this then saw you already got it. One of my wife's favorite childhood movies that's just atrocious. I one day hope to meet Christian Bale so I can have him sign something as 'Yum Yum'.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SolarFire2 posted:

Who could forget dear Ratboy?

I can't believe I did. Shame on me. Shame on us all.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

My Lovely Horse posted:

It was, yeah. They were old soviet lights and the set designers picked them up at a flea market, I think. People started having eye problems on set and they couldn't figure it out until they brought in a doctor who was old enough to have seen those lights in their original context, and who immediately called everyone idiots and told them to go home and hope to gently caress they didn't do permanent damage.

Snipes was totally fine though. Never took his shades off the whole movie....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

So I nagged my friend for the answer today, and saw that at some point he changed the question from the above to "What iconic 1980s film featured this house in an early scene?"

The answer is in fact E.T. and the house is in the background of the bus stop scene.

Boy thats really a stretch of the word 'featured'.

I mean, by that reckoning, I'm a featured actor in the background of a early aughts Tarantino movie....

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The movie I'm trying to think of was late 80's or early 90's. It took place on a giant spaceship (or moon colony, can't remember) where one of the only forms of entertainment was watching aliens fight eachother. No human had ever won a fight until the protagonist enters and proceeds to kick the poo poo out of everyone. It was basically blood sport in space.

Arena (1989). https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101366/

Here's the whole movie for a nostalgia blast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utAn6h2ee-4

God that was one of my childhood staples alongside Robot Jox.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Timby posted:

This feels like something that would happen in Dead Man on Campus but I don't think that's it.

Uh, I'm pretty sure its Dead Man on Campus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nA5Swedyrc

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

This one would have to be 70's or early 80's (pretty sure its not late 60's), a fantasy/mythological movie and the one scene I can remember clearly is some wizard or godlike being summoning a giant spectral Chimera like beast (I can remember at least one of the heads was a lion - if it was multi headed at all) to combat/battle another giant spectral monster, all in a starscape astral like setting....

The effects I think were stop motion for the giant spectral summon creatures, and they were somewhat translucent. Energy beams or breath attacks may have also been present. One of the summon creatures defeats the other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Action Jacktion posted:

Sorceress (or possibly Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, which used footage from Sorceress).

You beautiful bastard! Wizards of the Lost Kingdom is it.

Fascinating factoid about Sorceress too!