Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Tipme posted:

I was just browsing all the Movie channels recently and I saw 3 ninjas, watched a bit but...it wasn't what I thought it would be.

I remember a movie where there were 3 young kids, almost ninjas? One of the kids could control things with his Game boy. I recall a scene where he had to choose what to throw out of a fish tank at a bad guy, and I think he chose a lobster? In the same scene another kid was doing Chun-li kicks at all the bad guys and he didn't know how he was doing it.

I remember seeing it on TV, a long time ago. Maybe 12 years ago. Late 1990's, more than once too, so it was probably like, a regular showing on TNT or something.

I believe you are looking for Surf Ninjas. Only one of them is a kid, the other is the guy who played Keno TMNT II: The Secret of the Ooze, and the other is Rob Schneider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
This was most likely from the early-mid 80's and the part I can remember involves a black car with some kind of female hostage who is trying to escape from said car out of the sunroof (I think) while another car is pursuing the car trying to rescue the girl. I am almost certain the car drove off of a cliff several times, exploded, and came back like nothing happened. Maybe the car was some kind of demon as well.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Thejaff posted:

What you saw could also be:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100917/

Once I saw the "school bus driver" in the synopsis it all came back to me. Thanks a bunch!

Parachute
May 18, 2003

oceanside posted:

I'm looking for an action movie I saw on British TV some time between 2000-2006. The protagonist was an adept martial artist, and was of East Asian descent. All I can remember from the movie is that there was one scene (in a restaurant?) where the bad guys had weapons hidden in the wall and there was another scene where a motorcyclist is kicked off their bike indoors and smashes a glass case. There may have been a scene outside of the restaurant that may or may not have existed in which some of the characters hid behind a row of cars whilst being shot at. Given that it was on a major TV channel and seemed quite high budget, I'm imagining that it was a Hollywood movie.

I've been trying to find this since I remembered about it in 2006 and it's just popped back into my head after watching Enter the Dragon.

I will be perpetually amazed if anyone can identify it from the scant details I can recall. Thanks!

It sounds like it could be The Protector.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Not sure if its a movie or show, but an old man makes a remark like "I've reached the age where I've got more dead friends than living ones" or "there's a certain point where you realize you know more dead people than alive people."

Thanks!

Sounds like any recent interview with Mel Brooks.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

SnakePlissken posted:

Hey all, can somebody tell me the name of an indie movie that came out sometime in the last 5 years or so that had a poor working class guy that was suffering from some weird premonitions and hallucinations that drive him to build a bunker in his yard, I think using a shipping container? Thanks in advance.

Take Shelter

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is a long shot, but 3 Ninjas?

Edit: Seriously, there was a scene at the beginning with a bunch of exposition with regards to the bad guy being all evil and I think someone tries to pull this on him.

Edit: I knew I wasn't crazy.

Approx 8m50s here:

https://youtu.be/SKeytCtbkYQ

This bugged me my entire drive home and now I can't even watch the clip because of Disney hating me!

In my head I swear it was something that happens in Blank Check.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Looking for a movie I saw in the mid 90's (it was most likely made in the 80's) as a kid where iirc a man in a car is chasing after someone in a black car that has a sunroof and extremely tinted windows. A woman stands up and screams for help from the car being chased, but the driver somehow loses control and the car goes off a cliff...But then returns unscathed almost immediately after. Any ideas?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Origami Dali posted:

That sounds like Wheels of Terror.

That's it, thank you!

Parachute
May 18, 2003
i mean lets just come out and say it; ROTLD is the best zombie movie ever

Parachute
May 18, 2003

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Still looking for help with this one. I saw this picture the other day and it really triggered my memory of whatever that drat movie was.

North?

Edit: not sure about the little people but it does have a big rear end limo

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I'm putting together a movie night specifically themed on rich people getting ruined, hopefully in a schadenfreude kind of way. Think like the end of Trading Places. I've definitely seen movies with this theme before but can't think of any and it's surprisingly hard to google for this theme.

Ideas?

the purge 2

Parachute
May 18, 2003
hell, he decided for trinity he should just not open them at all some days

Parachute
May 18, 2003
lmao ok thats it close the thread we've reached the zenith

Parachute
May 18, 2003
uhhhhh Aliens?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Terminator

Parachute
May 18, 2003
what movie am i thinking of where someones genitals get ripped off and its more of like a "OH gently caress YEAH" kind of moment? its not when the big demon dick gets dismembered in This is The End.

fake edit because i remembered the movie: sin city

Parachute
May 18, 2003
re: trek and scotch. you were actually thinking about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8Hgz8N3fE

Parachute
May 18, 2003
now ive got the urge to watch F/X

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the den was a lot better than i expected it to be also its 6 years old now dang

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Ape Agitator posted:

Not your answer, but I love to share that the movie Dreamcatcher had Thomas Jane "calling" someone with a pistol he puts to his head like a phone. That movie is so terrible and amazing.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWvrPrWvUgc

Edit2: Best outtake in the history of all outtakes

https://youtu.be/cJuNoNqJV4Q?t=3m41s

movie owns

Parachute
May 18, 2003
in that sense the mandalorian feels like a video game every single episode. i mean they had the episode where he has to upgrade his armor, then do the riding/ controller training tutorial before doing the fetch/kill quest and gets baby yoda as part of the next quest chain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003
mandalorian related because i just watched the last episode

my description above was for the 1st or 2nd episode but also absolutely applies in every way to the last episode too.

what a weird and mediocre show; it feels like i was a part of some focus group for watching it and i can't really explain why