Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Hamled posted:

1) Seen - Early/Mid 90s. Group of kids build a really big ice fort/castle (big enough to walk around in for them). At the end the castle falls apart and their dog dies?
La Guerre des Tuques, aka The Dog Who Stopped the War.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0087373/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

threeskin posted:

It had four kids left in their station wagon in the mall parking lot by their mother. They wait awhile and when security is after one of them they decide their mom is never coming back so the older sister starts marching them like 300 miles to their aunt's house. I know the oldest girl is named Dicey.
You can search by character name on the IMDb. I looked up "Dicey" and found that your movie is Homecoming:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0116550/

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Pweller posted:

I came across this photo and it seems really familiar from somewhere,

A 90's horror movie?
The 1970s version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lTfFwXcP-xQ

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Pogostick posted:

The movie I'm thinking of is sort of low budget, and possibly from the 80's(On further thought, it's probably from the mid nineties). I don't remember it clearly because I saw it as a kid, but here goes.

The movie is about a home entertainment robot that you would play laser tag with and it would shoot foam balls at you. It remembers who each person it encounters is and puts them on its target list. Throughout the course of the movie the robot becomes evil and begins killing everyone, gradually getting smarter and more tenacious. The robot kills one guy under a car by removing the jack and kills a few more by sucking up and shooting metal ball bearings at them.

In the end the robot makes a force field around a small child and the remaining people have to defeat the robot to save her/him. I believe they throw the robot in a pool?
Evolver, featuring William H. Macy as the voice of the robot.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

iggy402 posted:

Very vague memory of this one scene. Anime movie, and the main character was running or fighting on giant leaves or something. There was more than one person and they were riding on something. Then he or she sinks or goes into the ground and he/she ends up in this world underneath the normal world. The ground is above them and there was a waterfall. I saw this about 10ish years ago and it was on VHS. Some details might be off.
That actually sounds like Nausicaa too.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

invalid user posted:

Well, this movie was that but with alien gladiator fighting. And the lowly human who I remember had this retarded costume and was kind of a chump in my late 80s-mid90s eyes. I remember a character that looked like a rat-man, guys dressed up like dracula... hrm... I remember one alien fighter looked like a giant foam bug with huge legs the guy would punch and the main badguy was like a cyborg minotaur kinda thing...

He may be an inferior species in a lovely movie, but he had a lot of Heart!
Arena.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

VaeSolis posted:

Okay, I saw this movie several years ago. It was all live-action, was very long, was a kind of fantasy/fairy tale movie. The main character was a girl who was in some sort of fairy tale land but needed to get back, and there was some sort of wolfman. The end made it sound like there would be a sequel. please help :(
Sounds like the TV mini-series The 10th Kingdom:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207275/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_Kingdom

I think it was divided into five parts when it was originally shown, but overall it's about seven hours long.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

invalid user posted:

A kid in a small town finds a government-created laser beam weapon-thing... He has daydreams about being on the bridge of a starship as either a human explorer or an alien. He uses the beam weapon to try and fix things to be how they should be, but of course in his hubris he screws everything up. I think he kills a priest with it at some point... He definitely screams about how the aliens probably just never had a clear signal from their planet and shoots the beam off into space.

in the end he's gunned down, but the epilogue shows him on the bridge of the starship again...
Deadly Weapon.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Coffey posted:

An alien movie where the people whom get...uhh...possessed for the lack of a better word, have, like, these leeches that crawl into the back of their necks. It had to have been before 1990 or right around then.
Sounds like The Puppet Masters, though it came out in 1994.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Ridonkulous posted:

The movie starts with a man sitting down in a park i think he has a bag lunch but after a few seconds pulls out a gun and blows hisw brains out. im almost possitive this is the first scene if not second or third.
The Net.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Himuro posted:

All I remember is that it involved boxing. Some kid was from England and he was being tortured by German children who worshipped the Nazi's. They also killed his pet - which I think was a bird or something. There was a black man who helped teach him how to box I think, and he ended up dying.

I thought it was a really good movie from what I saw, but I totally forgot the name and never managed to finish watching it.
The Power of One.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Whispering Machines posted:

This is super super vague, sorry. I was told about this movie (I don't know whether it was a tv movie or a theatre release or what) where this family moves into a haunted house, and then at the end of the movie there in a new happy house, and a woman is in the kitchen and is called down into the dark basement by her mother to help with the laundry, and a few moments after she descends into the darkness her mother comes into the kitchen, implying that the ghosts followed them or something.
The Haunted, based on the supposedly true story of the Smurl haunting.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Alan Smithee posted:

There was a goon who posted a gif of a fat guy panicking because the "friend of the family alarm" was going off (hey if Quentin Tarantino can say it so can I), is this from a movie?
Darktown Strutters:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072844/
http://www.brainsonfilm.com/dtown.html

http://imagesocket.com/view/na44d.gif

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

PonchtheJedi posted:

The second is a kids' movie, and I swear it was called RC or Remote Control or something, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I watched it as a kid, and I'm pretty sure it was a direct to video movie. It also was from the early 90's, I think. I don't think it was old enough to be from the 80's.
It's just called Remote.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Spider Crusoe posted:

The first was about a girl and a boy who's families meet in Africa, and some bad guys end up killing both their families, but the two escape. They have to escape through a desert, and from there I don't remember what happens. This was from the 90s.
A Far Off Place.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

TheZissou posted:

Okay, I got one. It was a kid's movie that came out sometime in the 90s. It was about a little boy who falls into this whirlpool and he ends up in this a inhabited by ninja kangaroo-people. That's all I really remember from the movie. Any help with the title would be appreciated.
Warriors of Virtue.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Treytor posted:

- I remember a kid, who lost his hair somehow. A bright light, and crying because of this?
- I want to say this kid went into a painting, and something happened and he came out bald?
- Then something else happened (I assume he tried to remedy this balding problem) and his hair continued to grow and grow, causing problems for everyone. I remember hair growing out of someone's jeans, and this someone getting all pissed off about it? Yeah... I don't know.
- I also remember an older man, a painter I believe, dancing around and dabbling on a very large canvas, the ink spreading to present a perfectly realistic painting or photo, in which he stepped into, and I believe someone else came with him into this painting...
The Peanut Butter Solution, a very popular movie in these threads.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Egomaniac posted:

It opens with a white kid and his dad fishing, and the dad gives the kid his watch. But it's a daydream/memory and the kid's dad has died, and he lives with his mom, and maybe a sister, if I'm remembering correctly. So, some stuff happens, he runs away, meets up with a black kid (both kids are maybe 10-12 years old) in the city who has no mom but he's looking for his own dad. Anyway, the black kid is "streetwise" or whatever, and teaches the white kid how to drive and hang out in bars, where they still order milk to drink. More stuff happens, white kid reunites with his mom, figures out how to find the other kid's dad, steals a car, and drives him to the factory where the dad works. They reunite, tear rolls down white kid's cheek as he remembers his own father, the end.
Big Shots.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

NickThorn posted:

Okay I got one. I don't remember any of the plot but I do remember a scene. A wealthy woman is awaiting the arrival of a famous composer for her big dinner party. The composer sets up his "band" on a gazebo-like dock sitting on a lake. While practicing, the protagonists of the film cut the dock away so the band is playing on as they float away from the big party and the protagonists are discovered by the rich aristocrat. I remember later in the movie (credits maybe) the band is seen still floating on this dock playing music.
At the Circus, starring the Marx Brothers.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Spider Crusoe posted:

I'm remembering a scene, but I can't remember where it's from. It's a flashback to a young boy at school. It's recess time and he's playing marbles with the other kids, and he makes a big win just as the recess ends. The boy is piling the marbles into his pockets when the teacher comes to take him back inside. As the teacher does this, the boy's pockets rip open, spilling the marbles on the ground.
It's from Amélie.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Palakon posted:

Here goes nothing. I remember seeing this trailer several years ago. Asianproduced, and it was something about aliens attacking earth, and planes(well actually, one plane and a military helicopter) that turned into robots, do anyone know which movie I'm talking about?
Returner.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Gyver posted:

I remember seeing this weird scifi movie in the mid 90's about a weird new virtual reality game or something along those lines. It started out with these people on a talk show-esque studio talking about it and then switched over to the two main characters running from a bunch of other people trying to kill them. The game console/thingamabob looked like a big fleshy lob with wires coming out that were inserted into the base of the person's spine. At some point they jack in to a different version of the game, while still inside the game, with a really small version of the original console. Then at the very end the main female character reveals that she is something special and turns on her male co-star, eliminating all of her opponents and ending the game.

P.S. They shoot the poo poo out of everyone in the studio, and some asian guy stands up and yells something along the lines of "Please tell me we're still in the game!" right before he gets blown away.
eXistenZ.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

shaggs posted:

I must have seen this in the last 3 years on Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, or HBO. Someone is giving a description of someone to the police. He says that the guy is a black albino with red hair. That probably is not the order in which he said it, but I cannot remember the correct order. Sometime later, the cops arrest a black albino redhead, despite the fact that the guy who made the police description was just making it up.
A Guy Thing.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Born in Bexhill posted:

Not sure if this has been posted, lurked about but didn't see it. I'm searching for the title of a film that I saw once or twice (on HBO or similar channel) when I was younger (late 80s). The story took place during World War II and the most prominent scene I can remember is when a bomb is dropped into a river and all the dead fish surface, causing a boy to become jubilant.

Other scenes I vaguely remember:
-A line of boys taking turns to look down a girl's skirt in a bombed out city as they shouted about a "password."
-Parents being separated from their children by Nazis.

I wish I could remember more, but all I have are bits and pieces. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Or is this film more widely known than I assume and I sound like a complete idiot for asking?
Hope and Glory.

(I don't think it has a scene of Nazis separating parents and children, but it does have scenes of children being sent out of the city to get away from the Blitz.)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Mossfiend posted:

All I can remember of the movie is the song "That's Amore" a geeky highschool guy trying to get the girl, a frog prince singing out the song over the PA system and calling a frog plague on the school when it looked like the kid was getting into some trouble.

I tried google for Frog prince, highschool, that's amore, tried IMDB for Frog, Frogged, Frog prince, and finding nothing.
It is actually just called Frog.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

dja98 posted:

I'm looking for a film that I'm certain was a Bond film. However, I've spent the last few weeks watching them all and it wasn't.

I remember watching it on TV one Christmas when I was younger (10 years ago maybe).

The hero ends up in an alley with a henchwoman, forced to sign something. The woman ends up with the pen which ultimately explodes, leaving behind nothing but a shoe. I seem to remember motorcycles being involved in the scene too but this could be my imagination.

Not a lot to go on I know but I'd love it if anyone has any ideas.
Never Say Never Again:

Fatima: Now write this: "The greatest rapture of my life was afforded me on a boat in Nassau by Fatima Blush," and sign it "James Bond, 007."
James Bond: I just remembered. It's against Service policy to give endorsements.
Fatima: WRITE!

Then he shoots her with the pen, which is a miniature rocket or something.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Apr 18, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

02-6611-0142-1 posted:

I saw a scene from this movie on an episode of "Japanorama" but don't know enough about the plot to identify it from imdb or whatever.

It's either by Beat Takeshi or Miike Takeshi, and it involves a ridiculous gunfight over a game of ping pong where one of the combatants had rigged up an enormous sawblade to fly out of the wall while his opponent is distracted.
City of Lost Souls.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Lunaran posted:

Hero guy runs out of some secret base in the woods, and these really cheesy 80's security guard types with space goggles come out and fire their lasers after him. He steals a semi-trailer with something important in the back, like a big silver box with glowing red techy bits, and drives off with it. As he drives the casing is shown slowly burning away in the trailer.

A guy with a total 80's beard pulls up next to the semi in a jeep and yells "You're not gonna make it!" but the hero stares resolutely at him for a second and then drives the semi off a cliff into the water, thus somehow saving the day I guess.
I-Man, starring Scott Bakula:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091248/

Here's the scene you remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2of-TB86axE

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

mastur posted:

a boy inventor

a monster that turns out to be a crane at a bottom of a pond

it rises because of air bubbles

the boy makes an invention to make a large air bubble windshield thing to go to the bottom of said pond

It sounds pretty great.
Frog Dreaming aka The Quest (this one gets asked a lot):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091810/

Malus posted:

A family arrives in their car to a holiday house they own or rent in the mountains somewhere and they see their neighbours playing tennis with two men. It's all ok, the guys come around and introduce themselves. Later on the dog is killed and the two men come over asking for eggs, I think, and then barge their way into the house and kneecap the father of the family with their golfclubs.

The two guys procede to torture this family and kill them off one by one (I believe they were robbing them) and then the mother escapes and runs down a hedged in road but is caught again and the last scene in the movie is the two men taking her in a boat across a lake to another house. (I think they kill her on the boat) and then you see them knock on the door and ask this other family if they can borrow some eggs or flour.

Anyway It'd be cool just to know the name of this movie, I enjoyed it.
Funny Games:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119167/

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Elohssa Gib posted:

1.Probably a mid 80's sci-fi comedy

Aliens invade a town for some reason, but the aliens are really stupid. If i remember correctly one tries to communicate with a car while standing in the middle of the road and get run over. And there might have been a scene where a rural cop has a shotgun that gets bent or blown up.
Spaced Invaders:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100666/

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

hackbunny posted:

Mystery feature-length horror movie #2

A guy tries to save his girlfriend's soul from hell with the help of a buddy. On the outskirts of hell (a barren desert with a highway in the middle), they are hunted down by an invulnerable demonic sheriff with mirrored sunglasses grafted to his eyes (the sunglasses are his only weak spot). At some point they get to the gates of hell, which is a cavern on a lake with a cheesy scrolling dot matrix display reading "Leave any hope you who enter here" (from Dante's "Inferno"). There they exchange some words with a damned soul who had his eyes sewn shut.
Highway to Hell

quote:

Mystery feature-length sci-fi comedy

Extremely silly movie about a woman-looking alien stranded on Earth that must get in contact with her kind. She clumsily hooks up with a TV technician (or something like that) so that she will eventually have access to a large dish antenna to send her distress call with. She "drinks" elecricity as food, draining several batteries in the guy's household.

She is extremely naive in the humans' ways and her robotic assistant (some small floating thing) continually digs through movie footage archives to document her their strange ways. For "kiss" she is shown all the usual "exotic" variants (inuit nose-rubbing, russian mouth-kiss greeting, etc.) plus some cinematic examples, and of course she has to go and try them all on the male lead (cue laughs). For "sex", some of the footage came from a hilarious B/W army basic training movie (or spoof thereof), where a deadpan drill sergeant type teaches recruits that "your penis is a weapon, and the Nation expects you to keep it dry and clean!" - if you could identify this too, you will become my hero :)
My Stepmother is an Alien

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Van Diesel posted:

I saw this one when I was about 3 on TV, so maybe 1990. I don't recall much, but it was some action/adventure flick about these guys trying to find something (vague, yeah, but it's all I remember). Anyway, the scene I remember was when the explorers are in this tomb and they found a skeleton they kept calling "the Queen of the Vampires". One of the guys put a beating heart into the skeleton's chest as the others examine it. Then, the skeleton turns into a woman and begins killing all the men one by one. Some of them try to escape by climbing up a rope out of the tomb, but to no avail.
That's the opening to Bordello of Blood, but it came out in 1996. Here's the description from Wikipedia:

quote:

The movie opens with a midget & his associates exploring a forest, until they find a cave. In the cave is a coffin with the skeleton of Lilith, the mother of all vampires. The midget takes a box out of his pocket. The box contains the 4 sections of Lilith's heart. He puts it in her body & she rapidly begins reanimating. She rips the hearts out of the associates & goes for the midget. The midget pulls out the key from Demon Knight, which is the only thing that keeps her in line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bordello_of_Blood

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

plams posted:

In the first movie I remember that some guys are held captured by some bad guys at night out in the open. The boss of the bad guys decides to "have some fun".. one of the not-bad-guys are tied to a pole (I think) and given a paper bag over his head with a target printed on it. The boss then picks up this proffessional archer's bow up and shoots an arrow bullseye through his head. The guy stiffens for a moment and then falls limb. The bad guys may have been drinking booze, I'm not sure.
Cherry 2000.

quote:

I think the second movie was about time travel and had probably aliens or other baddies. Or maybe the great evil was some kind of device? Only thing I vividly remember is that something initiated lightning sparks that travelled through power lines. For some reason this lightning had to be stopped before it reached the end of the line, so one of the protagonists chased it in a car and blew up a power line mast. I think this stopped it. It's possible that the movie had the word "time" in its title.
My Science Project.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Hawkstein posted:

I think it was on HBO or something in the early 1990s, and it was recent in that it was released that year or the year previous. I think I saw it either in 1993-4-5 or something. ANYWAY, I don't remember too much except that there it was a pretty dark film and there were two actresses in it and one male main character...I think. The only thing I can vaguely remember was that one of the female main characters had a hole blown through her torso and she was ok. Or something. That's all I remember...oh yeah, and one of the actresses at least was pretty famous during that time (early 1990s). Also, It was released in theaters. That's all I remember.
Death Becomes Her.

quote:

As for the second movie, I remember a bit more. I don't remember when I saw it other than it was during the early to mid 90s on a cable TV channel. Anyway, a bunch of friends are...driving somewhere, or something, and their car breaks down or maybe they just don't have a place to stay...I don't know, but they end up at this weird mansion. Basically, a bunch of freaks live there. And the head of the house is some strange looking dude that eats people or...something. At first everything seems ok and the kids are invited to eat dinner there or something and then all hell breaks loose. The only other thing I remember is that a couple other inhabitants of the house were identical and they were basically the bumbling, stupid henchmen that are so often seen in movies.
Also, I remember this movie was reviewed on a comedy site (maybe badmovies.org or something like that, possibly even this site) because it was pretty bad.
Nothing but Trouble?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

The film was black & white, and was made decades ago.

There was absolutely no narrative, the entire movie was just footage of machines in a factory. Even Koyaanisquatsi had more narrative than this movie.

Ring any bells?
Man with a Movie Camera?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

vrao81 posted:

I've got one...this is actually a tv show, possible a saturday night live sketch from the 80's. Its a comedy skit where a black guy goes into outer space. There is a really funny part where the guy is trying to get food from a machine on the spaceship and he tries to get chicken and makes a bunch of funny jokes about it. Then we see him outside the ship, wearing his helmet, then he takes it off and his head explodes. I'm pretty sure this is a SNL skit, or some other skit that was shown on a comed show. Anyone know where this is from?
That's the Red Dwarf episode "Confidence and Paranoia." Here's a transcript of the episode.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 9, 2007

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Behonkiss posted:

The first is about a kid who finds out that aliens have built an underground base in his backyard, and sometimes pop out through a hole. They look kind of like Kuato from Total Recall and make weird noises instead of speaking. His parents don't believe him, but the FBI somehow finds out and shows up at the same times he goes into the base and narrowly escapes. They then blow the base up with a missile.
That's most likely "Identify a Movie" thread regular Invaders from Mars.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I think that's The Haunted.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Viz_Ru posted:

2. This one is an anime (movie), but I can barely remember anything, I stayed up very late on weekends watching the space channel and was half-asleep while watching this one. It was about a female only crew on a space ship and the universe seems to have sort of factions, they are hailed by another female only armada of ships...etc. Don't remember much, but, space ships + all female + space... lol.
Gall Force?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

bo_chrud posted:

1)A group of guys die in a car accident in a very old car or something and come back as spirits/vampires and try to kill people. One scene in the movie they refuge in a church and can't go in because they are "burned."
Sometimes They Come Back.