Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpierce
Sep 14, 2002
Silly rabbit, Trix are for kids.
Directed by: Gabriel Range
Starring: N/A

Synopsis:

Death of a President follows the investigation of the fictional assassination of President George W. Bush in October 2007. Combining real archival footage with a credible but fictional story, "Death of a President" presents a fascinating and thought-provoking political thriller.

Synopsis taken from: http://www.deathofapresident.com

Review:

When I first heard that this movie was coming out I really didn't have much of an opinion of it. I started hearing more and more complaints of it on the news about how they show the current president being assassinated versus an actor president like other movie. With all the controversy surrounding this film I decided to see the movie.

Over all it’s a good movie, as long as you take it for what it is. A fictional movie! It isn't a movie to be anti-Bush or anti-American. It follows more the style of a documentary format with the hours leading up to the event and then the actual event and then the investigation into what happened. Similar to the documentaries of 9/11 are where they show the fire fighters doing their normal job during the beginning of the day and all the things that they saw through out the day with intermixed clips of news reports and interviews.

I give the movie a 4.5/5.5

RATING: 4.5

PROS: Well presented.
CONS: Movie was slow.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0853096/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
It's okay. The movie falls into two sections, "reaction to the assassination" and "manhunt for the killer". The former is compelling, the latter is not, and unfortunately, the latter dominates towards the end of the movie.

Still, it's worth seeing. It's not really exploitative, IMO.

3/5

Johnny B. Goode
Apr 5, 2004

by Ozma
I really wish I just wouldn't have even attempted to watch this. I really do. But, I did, and it was absolutely sappy and crappy. Stay away from this at all cost.