Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Except the fan ballots only select the starting lineup, the rest of the team is chosen by the coaches.
So Fitzpatrick actually has to beat Pronger, Niedermayer, and Lidstrom.

Either way, the amount of votes it seems like he's going to get is going to create interesting news items whether it's enough to get him in or not. :)

ediT: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

Rory Fitzpatrick posted:

I play hockey to play hockey.
It is what it is. :geno:

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

About 3 years ago, I stopped listening to sports talk shows, panel shows, etc. simply because I couldn't take how loving horrid to listen to the non straight up news content was. The image most of them project is the "middle aged balding white guy wearing pleated khakis and a golf poo poo 2 sizes too large for him" preaching to a similar demographic, while giving themselves stupid nicknames like "BIG DADDY", bitching and moaning about various things in sports or women.

Now with this whole Rory thing, it has gone a step futher and completely turned me off all professional sports media people, I can't even listen to pre or post game reports anymore without wanting to barf. :(

lecherousjester posted:

All the loving "traditionalists" in the game will never allow the game to grow because they reject everyone and everything outside of their little bubble.
There's plenty of us who lots of people would call "traditionalists" who are perfectly rational people who don't get all up in arms about inconsequential stuff like Rory going to the allstar game. The "traditionalists" who do are "traditionalists" with "sticks up their rear end" and I believe their attitude comes from the fact that they have sticks up their rear end, not that they are "traditionalists".

Kreez fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 9, 2007

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

I think a scandal surrounding the NHL rigging the all star vote that becomes anywhere near as big as the Rory thing has been would be awesome.

lecherous, you've spent the past 2 months in contact with every potential news outlet... get some emails fired out! (pending rory coming in third of course!)

Kreez
Oct 18, 2003

CanSpice posted:

So did I summarize it fairly well?

"After the first release of voting numbers, Rory was leading all Western Conference defencemen. After the second release he slipped to second (behind Scott Hannan), but after the third he took the lead again. After the fourth release he had slipped to third, and he maintained this position when the final starting lineups were announced. Rory the All-Star was not to be."

The first release had him in 12th or something, then the second one he was up in 5th/6th for a couple weeks, and then he went up to second for a week, and back down to third for a week before finishing there.

I think that's how it went.

edit: Oh, I think you just worded it badly, I think you mean to say that the total votes per week (starting with the second week) had rory #1 then #2 then #1 again.

Kreez fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 11, 2007