Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

I thought that post too was just another jab at your table breaking pictures, but now I'm not so sure anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Steiler Drep posted:

It's in the works. In the meantime we've got some gear boxes and some tables. Control room is under construction so we're winging it with a mix of tables and boxes.

Haha.

himajinga
Mar 19, 2003

Und wenn du lange in einen Schuh blickst, blickt der Schuh auch in dich hinein.

Steiler Drep posted:

It's in the works. In the meantime we've got some gear boxes and some tables. Control room is under construction so we're winging it with a mix of tables and boxes.

swing and a miss

vvv it was a joke about the table breaking, swing and a miss is that you missed my joke, I actually think the gear you bought is nice and cool, i have MOTU stuff too and it rules.

himajinga fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 22, 2014

Steiler Drep
Nov 30, 2004
what?
Not really :) we've got some solid bases gear-wise and a really awesome sounding room, just needs a couple of bass traps. The fact that we haven't settled inside a studio room has let us do a couple of recordings in other houses and within a forest. But enough of this, let me see your gear acquisitions.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

Go on...

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
NGD early birthday/xmas gift:

'

So much annoying glare/reflections in my house. :/

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

It's so.......slanty

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Super PJ5, alder body, all wenge neck. As far as I know, it's the first PJ5 with a reverse P pickup. Still gotta mess around with the action a bit, but the sound and playability are already the best of any bass I've ever played.

The fanned frets look weird from the front, but make total sense when you're actually holding the bass in playing position.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i love dingwall basses and i don't play bass. but i want to, so i can own a dingwall bass.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

unlawfulsoup posted:

NGD early birthday/xmas gift:

'

So much annoying glare/reflections in my house. :/

Hot.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

There's nothing about this bass that I usually go for in my own instruments but holy poo poo I would play that until my fingers fell off

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
Just sniped a killer deal on a vintage Milab DC96B to add to my Pearl/PML/Milab collection.

:hellyeah:

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

I picked up this Rickenbacker 360 for $1,200 earlier this week. My '79 4001 has a playmate now. :)

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
You look ready to start your Beatles tribute band

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Spur of the moment craigslist buy. I think i win Black Friday.

I've also bought like 3 pedals in the past week, you can see the Way Huge Aqua Puss poking out there (loving love that thing), also got the Vintage Overdrive & Vintage Phase from Joyo.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Spur of the moment craigslist buy. I think i win Black
is that an avri '65?? I love the pickups in those.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Remulak posted:

is that an avri '65?? I love the pickups in those.

nah, think like 1500+ dollars less, just a Classic Player Jazzmaster. I still love it and got a great deal on it though.

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
I've been waiting for another illusive 8 ohm Gibson Power Stealth to pop up on eBay, but this original Tom Scholz Power Soak MkI popped up for $100usd soooo... YOINK!

Suck it motherfucker! :synpa:

XYZAB fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Nov 29, 2014

no dad im not gay!
Jan 30, 2007

PLEASE get that thing looked over by a tech before you use it as those gigantic cement resistors will still go open from the enormous heat and stress of operation. Or don't use it because they don't sound very good and get frightfully hot. There's a reason you were able to get it for $100. :(

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

I've always been fond of the epi silverbursts but I never ended up buying one. How does it play?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
no drop shape burst no sale

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Turkey Farts posted:

I've always been fond of the epi silverbursts but I never ended up buying one. How does it play?

Very well. The Probuckers also sound very good. I'm probably going to leave it stock except for the black speed knobs, which will probably get replaced with either Gibson style reflectors or something fun like bell knobs.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

muike posted:

no drop shape burst no sale

same, but opposite

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!
I have bought 4 amps this year and this is my latest: a 1965 Sears Silvertone 1484

It is a Canadian model and the head is still hardwired to the cab. All the tubes, save for one, are the original Silvertone tubes. They are just rebranded black plate RCA's and Amperex. Work sucks dick so I haven't had a chance to crank the hell out of it, but it's nice to have two Silvertone amps!

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH
Could you maybe go into what you're hearing from the Silvertone circuit? From what I've heard they're fairly warm with a nice, organic mid-range break-up seemingly cast for humbuckers but particularly nice with high output single coils? Any differences between rhythm playing and lead?

DiscoDickTease
Mar 19, 2009

Hi, boys and girls, I'm Jimmy Carl Black, and I'm the Indian of the group!

Schlieren posted:

Could you maybe go into what you're hearing from the Silvertone circuit? From what I've heard they're fairly warm with a nice, organic mid-range break-up seemingly cast for humbuckers but particularly nice with high output single coils? Any differences between rhythm playing and lead?

Well I honestly haven't played this amp for more than two minutes because I'm at stupid rear end in a top hat work. However, my other Silvertone is a wonderful sounding amp. It sounds similar kind of to a Tweed Deluxe, but darker. I have both tone knobs maxed out and have a jumper between the mic and instrument channels and it really kicks a lot of rear end. I have never really used it in a band situation as it only 15 watts.

I don't have anything with high output single coils, but my telecaster sounds nice through it.

Sparkle Biscuit
Jul 21, 2004

Honestly, I was just hitting any note.
It came! I might have too.

Surf Green, satin, sexy.

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

Sparkle Biscuit posted:

Surf Green, satin, sexy.

Hot as gently caress, though I might prefer gloss, maybe.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

Sparkle Biscuit posted:

Surf Green, satin, sexy.

Needs rosewood board and pearl blocks :colbert:

Does Carvin offer neck binding on those?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I've been playing with the Carvin catalog for a while now. I can definitely see myself getting a custom made by them next year.

Sparkle Biscuit
Jul 21, 2004

Honestly, I was just hitting any note.

TopherCStone posted:

Needs rosewood board and pearl blocks :colbert:

Does Carvin offer neck binding on those?

Sadly, no. Otherwise that poo poo would have definitely had some black binding.

TopherCStone
Feb 27, 2013

I am very important and deserve your attention

Sparkle Biscuit posted:

Sadly, no. Otherwise that poo poo would have definitely had some black binding.

It is magnificent looking. I like the satin, I wish that was an option on more instruments.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
you might be able to option 50 the binding. that usually incurs a non-returnability policy though

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

I've gotten a lot of poo poo lately (a PRS SE, 2 pairs of pickups, a cheapo Jackson, guitar stand, yadda yadda)

But what I'm really excited about is one set of pickups in particular:

That's a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and nickel-covered Nazgul in the bridge. I am a genius.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

im both tired, drunk and stupid, but what is that poo poo comin out of your saddles?

Nostalgic Pushead
Jul 31, 2013

nrr posted:

im both tired, drunk and stupid, but what is that poo poo comin out of your saddles?
Cables from piezo saddles.

e: That and also being a cheap bastard are the main reason I haven't installed any myself. Got a plunge router and a guitar I could test on now though... :science:

Nostalgic Pushead fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Dec 12, 2014

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Literally Elvis posted:

I've gotten a lot of poo poo lately (a PRS SE, 2 pairs of pickups, a cheapo Jackson, guitar stand, yadda yadda)

That's a Seymour Duncan Phat Cat in the neck and nickel-covered Nazgul in the bridge. I am a genius.

Welcome to the P90/bucker club. It makes good sounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

Literally Elvis posted:

What kind of guitar is that? It's pretty.