Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Can any pickup gurus explain how a triple-bucker is superior to a normal humbucker? That guitar looks awesome, but that bridge pickup seems really gimmicky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Carbohydrates posted:

Mustang day

anime guitar

420 Mustang erry day

Mustangs with competition stripes... :hawaaaafap:

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Hooray, hooray, it's new guitar day!

A Squier Vintage Modified Mustang

(Sorry for state of my carpet)

I tried a Japanese 'stang a while a go and fell in love. The short scale, and lightweight were perfect for my emaciated upper body. Unfortunately I didn't have 700 quid to spend on a new guitar.

The Squier though was only £250, and is a pretty close reproduction. Apart from a poorly cut scratchplate and a trem system that's the work of the devil it's not half bad at all.

It's very much a rhythm guitar. The frets above the 14th are just for show rather than actual playing

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Mewcenary posted:

http://i45.tinypic.com/21oop5i.jpg

Rubbish picture. However, this is the Ibanez JEM7V. And she is ALL MINE.

Only went in to buy a JEM 555! This had just arrived and there was no going back once I gave her a whirl.

Quite the upgrade from my current RG320B and S470 guitars.. (although both of those are very nice).

Nice purchase, Pompey goon.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

That Not-SG looks fantastic. Hopefully it'll balance a lot better than a proper SG. Guild have audio samples up on their website: http://www.guildguitars.com/en-GB/instruments/details/?partno=3791000866#simpleContained3

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

DiscoDickTease posted:

I have bought a lot of gear in the past two months that I haven't mentioned here, but this is my latest. I fell in love with the look of a Bigsby on a semi hollow from Rich Robinson of the Black Crowes so I thought I would slap one on mine. I installed it myself with zero issues whatsoever which made me a happy man.

I am still waiting on the "CUSTOM MADE" plaque to come from California which should show up later next week.

Woo!

That's quite a guitar collection you've got going on there.

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

nrr posted:

You should fix that...

Starting with that SG...

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Dewgy posted:

Made some new friends today. :3:

Is that some sort of mutant Wiltshire?

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

unlawfulsoup posted:

Red Mustang III is really quite awesome. The color is ridiculous and I think it will take me a good 10 years to figure out half the stuff this amp is capable of doing. Blows my mind that I can go from reverb drenched surfer tone to super cleans in like one twist of the dial. My only miscalculation was not realizing how stupidly big the thing is compared to my old amp. Also it can get REALLY loud.

I posted the picture with the guitar because I am still a godless heathen that kept his poker chip and pick guard; you cannot stop us.

For some reason I've always thought using a Gibson guitar with a Fender amp is the height of perversion, and the sign of a depraved mind.

Ps: that's a nice amp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Around 18 months ago, thanks to a death and then a huge vets bill, my finances went in to meltdown. I had to sell everything of value including my Squier J.Mascis Jazzmaster and my Boss Katana 50w. Since then I've been using a Squier Bullet Mustang (the cheapest guitar available that wasn't complete shite) and the free version of Guitar Rig.

UNTIL TODAY THAT IS! To celebrate finally clearing my debts, i went out and bought a new toy...

Two P90s and gently caress all else. Yes please, thank you very much.

It's a 2005 PRS SE Soapbar II that I bought for £350. I went into the shop fully intending to buy a brand new Classic Vibe Strat, but this guitar pissed all over it. I've always avoided PRS just because i though the whole 'bird inlay' / flame top thing was too gaudy for my proletarian tastes. But this guitar is light as feather, sounds great and is built perfectly. If all their guitars are like this, i am now a PRS fanboy for life.