Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I just got this yesterday

It is nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another pic of the body, I can't really photograph the grain well though, it looks really deep in person

It's a good Gibson, sounds awesome

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 15, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

nrr posted:

Hell yeah curvy guitar club

I get my Jag on Mon hopefully will post :v:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hammer Floyd posted:

That does look excessively pretty.

It's hard to get a good pic and I don't want to whore it too much but I do love it, yeah man, it looks great and plays better :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ohh your pic reminds me, I just got back my old war horse.
I've had this thing for years and it's always been my gigging guitar, I post it here because it just came back from the luthiers with a fret dress, new Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounder pick ups, new tremolo unit, new bridge and a rewire.
The thing is dinged up to hell, the pic makes it look nicer than it is, but I love it's roughness, every ding was done by me, that guitar is part of me.

poo poo I have had it almost 20 years!

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bought today...

Blackstar 60 Stage combo, with the 2 speakers, also a Fender electro acoustic because I need an acoustic!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
A long time ago I used to have a Marshall head with two 4 x 12 cabs, a full stack I guess.
Now I don't because I am old and gently caress moving all that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

figure out how to get the bar to stay in

Mine has the same trem unit, it's just brute force to do this, lock the trem and go for it, be firm but fair.
Also, I am going to order:

http://www.masterybridge.com/offset-bridge/

At some point soon so I'll keep you posted on that, as it is I got a bridge that reduces buzz already and it works, but I want to nerd out some more.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

firebad57 posted:

Mastery bridge is awesome. It's made my Jazzmaster so much easier to set up.

Ahh cool thanks, I was hoping a recommendation would appear, they look so good but you know how musical instruments and snake oil can be bed fellows!
Did you bother with the trem unit? I don't have any complaints but am interested.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Remulak posted:

For the trem unit I had an AVRI Jag that was way too tight, I took it out and "gently* loosened the tabs on the collet with a phillips head screwdriver.

No worries, I've got a new American one for mine and it's great, just interested in case there's a big wow factor, I'll stick with what I have there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Recently I bought a Blackstar HT Stage with the dual 12 inch speakers, I really like it. It's really really flexible and pretty much any tone I want is in there somewhere.

Audio Interface for Cubase etc, again, I like this, loads of connections and performs well after a firmware update:

Buttkicker - I got this a little while back now but put it here because it's just straight up awesome for anything audio related, a real surprise hit. You can practice bass and feel like you have it really loud without bothering anyone else:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

After The War posted:

I had just gotten it cut. Usually I try to create as much bad hair day before a show as possible.

Being in a Costumed Band definitely gets people's attention, as does the Lucite Monstrosity. I've learned to accept "I love your gear!" and "I love your tone!" as compliments - it's not as nice as "I liked your playing", but you take what you can get.

EDIT - You can't see it there, but I'm also wearing matching Chucks. And the guitar does a cool thing under certain lighting, not just black light. But that, too.

You're my goddamn hero

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

After The War posted:

You don't play bass and live near Baltimore, do you? We're in need of another Costumed Idiot.

No :(

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

After The War posted:

HEEEEE'S THE OONNNNE WHO LIKES ALL OUR PRETTY SOOOONGS I CAN'T HEAR YOU :smith:

If I end up using it a lot, I may repaint it with that zombie thing.

EDIT - What'll happen when I play my Jag-Stang through it? :ohdear:

Micro phonic feedback mainly

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Got some new cool reflector dials which I've always like the look of, now to get the zebra pickups in and it'll be perfect in every way for me :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Bluesdads represent

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Some of the pedals I ordered arrived

Ignore the lovely patch lead, that's going

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day another delivery!

Wiring for a 335

Fender bits and wahhhh wahhhhhh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day, another delivery ha ha

Nearly there now!
Just got to get the body out of customs, and then the pick ups should arrive this week as well.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

After The War posted:

It's like that episode where Radar is mailing himself a Jeep one part at a time, I love it. :allears:

Or slightly more guitar related... I guess:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2riRAGzNzvQ

Yeah man :)
It's going to be a 1965 Mustang when all done, got a period trem and other bits, but there is a twist in the tail with the pickups, I am going nasty there :v:

Edit: H aha they actually made that car!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 19, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Another day...

1965 trem unit with Patent Pending, nice!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AchtungBaby posted:

Found a local guy who has a large guitar collection and is selling some for future purchases. Snatched this beautiful telecaster from him for a great price.

A cij blue flower paisley reissue from 2006. Just need to change the pick guard to an acrylic one and we are set to go.

That's sweet man

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Got one of these to mess about with, not really sure why yet but I think I'll find some fun in it:

Also a killswitch for the Mustang:

And various other leads that I need, no pics but imagine a lead and you've pretty much got it :v:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jul 6, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Southern Heel posted:

Oh golly - bought myself a George Benson ibanez hollow body: https://m.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_lgb30_vys.htm

I was going to go for a Joe Pass Emperor as there was a deal on eBay, but replacement pickups and nut, and hard case and setup just kept adding up until it was only a fractional change to "upgrade" to the LGB-30!

I also grabbed some thomastik flat wound 13's which should be an interesting change from my usual 8's!! If it comes strung with rounds I'll do a demo before I switch.

Stunning, congratulations :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Farking Bastage posted:

$75 Pawn shop steal

Ibanez RG. Best neck I've ever played.

loving awesome

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hollis Brownsound posted:

I expect nothing but that level of gullibility from Gibson customers.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I've seen dozen page long arguments about the tonal qualities of Jimmy Page's tuning pegs.
I've seen some poo poo man.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dr. Faustus posted:

Jimmy Page tuned?

:thurman:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Don't stress it man, he could do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUPubUO4Qgw

he don't need to tune :)

I love the guy because of his attitude and the way he hosed up the blues, he's no Steve Vai but to me, that's a good thing.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
heh, heh...

So, pics!
I did a thing:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A Winner is Jew posted:

Is that a tone button? :ohdear:

No it's a killswitch, I wanted it for a specific thing, but it'll come in useful for all kinds of experiments :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It sounds heavy as poo poo if you unleash it, it's a proper monster.
I haven't tried any tunings with it yet but your post has made me really want to mess around with some now :)
The real shock so far has been the comedy Jackson pickup and its warm and round clean tone, that took me by surprise, I really like it and was expecting not to.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

muike posted:

my favorite neck pickup is the stock pickup on my rg7621 which is a dimarzio that was sharted out for the 7*2* line exclusively and it just sounds gr8

I'll put one in then, do you have a model no? Ebay is a treasure trove for this stuff - I am loving the idea I get to try all these things that have been impossible before for one reason or another.
Me and this guitar are getting along really well, it's the one I tend to grab first now and having it as a sort of test bed for stuff has really opened things up in a lot of ways.
It's just pure fun :)

Edit: For example, that Jackson pickup was £10 :psyduck:

peter gabriel fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jul 15, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Ah right, no worries, Dimarzio is pretty much next on my list so I'll be looking out for some for sure :)

I'll record bit of that guitar soon, probably just a youtube vid of its different tones.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Southern Heel posted:

I posted a vendor link before, but here's my actual guitar:

Ibanez George Benson sig!

Stunning :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I get a hankering for a Sheraton 2 about once a year, they seem well nailed together

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm totally calling my next cat Morley

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Love the clean lines on that man, congrats

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sockington posted:

Helter Skelter is another song that uses it for its clacky sound.
https://youtu.be/r8GOFbETxWI

Listen to that clack :allears:

gently caress everything I am buying one asap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Allen Wren posted:

Oh my god that comments section. So many people angry about which Beatle was playing the thing, and hot takes about which instrument it actually was.

One of the oddest things I saw was when I googled the solo in Hey Bulldog, holy poo poo people got upset about who played that.