Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

My PRS Dave Navarro SE came in today, along with the Blackstar ID15.

I'm in love.

Next- find a good tube amp/cab and trade the ID for it. (I got a really good deal on the Blackstar)

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I have the v7v8 but they've always seemed a little quiet to me. Then again they might need a little adjusting.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Dr. Faustus posted:

muike you know I always respect your opnions. I'm only saying that the reflexive "TAKE OFF YOUR PLASTICS" posts are amusing. Maybe I want to play my new LP and not risk scratching the finish?

It's one thing when it's a fad, it's another when it's dogma.

To be fair, the beige pickguard on the more recent studios are ugly as hell.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Block the trem?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I blocked my custom 24 and so happy that I did. My old RG3 is a hard tail also. I never had a desire to use it, but considering the only thing in the PRS is a block of wood, it's easily changeable.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I have a white PRS. I'm 35 and work a white collar job.

I'm the waking definition of a bluesdad, you are safe until you play some Gary Clark Jr.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I've been wanting to get a MM baritone, and they finally got one at the local GC. With glee I picked it up, plugged it in, and realized I really had nothing I wanted to play that was in B.

I no longer want a baritone.

That being said I really miss my SE. I love PRS but my next will be a Mira (then remove the bigsby)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

This is my new favorite pedal.

I've been playing down to A and B all night and no noodle strings.

No, there's no delay and yes when you get down to about A and below it starts to sound a bit muddy but for dicking around the house it's fun.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I've been playing with the Carvin catalog for a while now. I can definitely see myself getting a custom made by them next year.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

I missed my old SE so I got a new one.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Those were the first words out of my mouth as well.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

comes along bort posted:

That's not the signature model from the dude from Cradle of Filth is it?

It always cracked me up that they have a particular brand image then sign that band as an endorsee.

It's the regular 30th Anniversary Cu24.

It's funnier that they had Mike Mushok as a signature line instead of Pete Loeffler or Ben Burnley given both of them play PRS baritones exclusively while Mushok used Ibanez.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Sockington posted:

Snagged a good deal on a used classic vibe.

I grabbed one of these from Sweetwater based on the entire internet semenating about how great it was. I gave it a good try for about a week, but it felt and sounded like complete poo poo. Maybe they're hit or miss.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

After The War posted:

Whatup, DR Neon buddy? :hfive: People will make fun of you, but they're drat comfy and look crazy if you're playing somewhere with stage lighting.

Everything is right with that. The clothes, the clear guitar, the strings.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Shugojin posted:

Learned what these are good for and bought one. :toot:

Set to frowny mode right now. Sounds pretty good. A little noisy for particularly high-gain stuff, but nothing one of the mods where you swap the op-amps for better ones can't fix so I'll be doing that soon enough too.

kick it into happy face, then drop the bass down slightly and adjust upper treble to taste. Sounds like butter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

syntaxfunction posted:

I love my local guitar shop but one pack of NYXLs cost me $25. Twenty, five, dollars. Yeah, I went back to buying strings online.

And the evil GC has them for $12.