Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

Francostein posted:

The pedal has a little sticker saying to only use a Boss ACA adapter on it and the seller hand wrote a note saying the same thing on the invoice. As you can see I power my chain with a DC Brick and it doesn't have a 12v output, which is apparently what the ACA adapter supplied. From the cursory research I did online I learned that the DC Brick has a common ground so it's fine to use an old pedal like this so long as other pedals are being powered by it in the same signal chain. I played with the pedal yesterday and today and it didn't seem to have any weird electrical issues so I'm not really worried, though I'm still a little cautious because I'm afraid of the DC brick supplying too much current.

Not to worry, you're doing it right. Even if you only use a 9v adapter without daisychaining, it simply won't get enough power, the effect will be weaker and the LED will be dim, but no harm will be done. If you do have it in a daisychain, that somehow defeats the resistor or whatever and it gets all the power necessary. I found this out years ago after freaking out that the CE-2 I bought was defective...

congrats on the HM-2, that's one of the vintage Boss pedals I'd still like to get my hands on. Even Johnny Marr used one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

Scarf posted:

The Sansamp Bass Driver, while great, gives you more of a generic tube-driven tone, whereas the VT is modeled specifically after an SVT.

It's nice that the SBD comes with an xlr-out though, you have to spring for the VT Deluxe if you want that (and a MUCH bigger pedal). But Mike Putnam over at http://www.putnamguitars.com/mods.htm does great work modding Tech21 pedals and can add a DI to a standard VT Bass.

yall are behind the times in this thread

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SACVTBass2DI

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

JD posted:

Reduced production cost is really the only advantage.

No, some would say the tone is more consistent, since open strings would sound more like fretted strings, i.e. both resting on a fret. I personally think this would only be noticeable when you're playing bass and have a pretty clanky tone but it takes all kinds.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

I just got one of the baller deals of the decade. TC Helicon VoiceTone Synth, brand new, in box and sealed, for, somehow, $109. Can't find it anywhere else online for under $212. A lot of places have it at $299.

Nothing else on the website seems to be as good a deal as this, so I guess it's just one of those crazy things that comes up once in a while. If anyone wants to join me in adding some hot autotune goodness to their band, jump on this son:

http://www.proaudiostar.com/tc-heli...CFciY4AodWE4ABA

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

What has 37 keys and is exactly as wide as a Fender Princeton?

awwwwwww yeah this thing is loving FUN

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

ready to play ten more shows!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

sensy v2.0 posted:

I really, really love my THR10. It's just perfect for playing in an apartment without annoying everybody in the building.

I've had my Les Paul standard with a koa top since friday now, so here's some pictures I took.

I really, really like how it looks and sounds and everything. Not 100% happy with the action, but I'm gonna fix that when I change strings next time.

Weird. I am not generally a LP guy OR a pretty wood guy, but this is really working for me.