Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Duke Chin posted:

A LOT... Roland price-fixes :( On the plus side there's a deal going on right now for a few extra items that will be incorporated into my set nicely.

And did you notice it's setup a little differently than how they normally are? Perhaps modeled a touch after a certain prehistoric elephant's drummer's set? hehe
I'm a dork.

btw :10bux: x 560

Going for the Brann Dailor look, huh? Nice kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Can anyone recommend some companies that make baritone guitars? I'm starting to seriously consider one; putting giant-rear end strings on my guitars to compensate for C standard tuning is starting to get old.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Buying-Bid posted:

I got bored of the natural color finish

The fact that that was obviously drawn on with a Sharpie makes this even better. I love it.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

That metal dude posted:

Dean goodness

What's the scale length on Dean's guitars? I've been really GASing for a V lately and Deans seem to have all the features I'm looking for.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

belikeron posted:

Friends don't let friends use gold hardware on guitars, period!

Fixed for me. Chrome looks so much classier.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Just scored a Boss FZ-2 off Craigslist for 40 bucks. This thing is MEAN. Think oceans of sludge, redlining amps, and grinding buzzsaws and you have some idea what it sounds like. Completely nails the Dopethrone tone.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Handen posted:

drat man, I listed my BF-3 on Facebook and haven't got any takers, but can't find anything else either!

Lucky!

Edit: poo poo, there's a Fender Strat w/ case & a Peavey Bandit 112 amp included for $350... And I just bought a Telecaster!! If it's a good year I might buy it and re-sell it. gently caress I wish I had money right now!!!!

It was complete happenstance, too. I was reading a thread on stonerrock.com about the Hyper Fuzz being Electric Wizard in a box, and thought "cool, I'd like to get one of those." Some guy was saying he bought one for $100. Then, I went to craigslist, and lo and behold, there it was. I imagine I could get more than I paid for it, but I like it too much.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Fox Cunning posted:

My neighbour gave me this as a late graduation gift.

It needs some touching up but it's really cool to own a guitar built in my own country.
Apparently it belonged to some Tore Persson as you can see from the adress in the box, all attempts of contacting him has been fruitless though; it has probably been lying around in the box for 15-20 years or so. At least it will be used now!

...is that fretboard made of plastic?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I'd get rid of that smilie if I were you.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
What if you end up hating it?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
My parents just got back from Hawaii, and they brought this sweet ukulele with them. As far as I can tell it's all koa, and it looks fantastic. These pictures don't really capture how nice the wood is. I have no clue how to play ukulele properly, but I'm gonna give it a try. Can't be too hard, since I'm already used to playing guitar.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Daenn posted:

This just came in today. Haven't played it yet but it looks amazing. Can't wait to take it home.

lovely camera phone pic doesn't do it justice, but I'm psyched and want to post a picture anyways. I'll post a real pic or 2 later with all the other gear I've bought recently.

Nice, welcome to the Carvin club. What are the specs on that beast?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Handen posted:

gently caress YEAH! Talk about a score! I just grabbed this 1999 Teese RMC3 Wah for $200 on the 'bay. I was ready to shell out about twice that much.

You bastard.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Just picked up this Peavey 400 Series bass head off craigslist. I have no idea if it even works, but for 80 bucks it was hard to say no.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Plugged the Peavey in tonight and it fired up just fine. Two problems are apparent though: the knobs are very scratchy when turned, and there's quite a bit of buzz when nothing is being played. Are either of these very serious issues? How much might it cost to get them fixed?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Can't say I'm a fan of relics, but that thing is probably gonna play (and sound) like a beast.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Schatten posted:

I uhhhh skipped out on the Reverend & Telecaster buys and opted for something to round out my P-bass, Jazz-bass, Tobias and Ibanez sound with something... else.

Goddammit, why must everyone buy the exact things that I want but can't afford...

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Just ordered an Avatar B212 Neo from steamcomusic.com. Finally, I won't have to play through a Rumble 60 anymore.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

noblystabbed posted:

I, too, am interested in what head you use with that. An Avatar cab is in my future and I'm curious to see what other people put on top of theirs.

I'm gonna use a Peavey 400 Series that I got for 80 bucks. I posted a picture a few pages back, but here it is again:

It sounds nasty as hell, but in a good way.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
2000 Mexican Fender Precision Special. Needs to have the pots replaced, but other than that it was a steal for $300. I love craigslist. Pardon the loose string ends; I just set it up for C standard/drop Bb.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
My Avatar 2x12 came a day early. April Fools', I guess?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Amen. I just moved over to playing bass a couple months ago. I figured, "oh, this will be easy, it's like a guitar with two fewer strings."

Not so much.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Catastrophe posted:

This is MINE as soon as my Matamp Roadster 120 sells.

Nice! How old is that one?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

mono posted:

From what I understand a wah usually works best before any other pedals. Correct me if I'm wrong, ML.

Some pedals just plain don't work with wahs. Many fuzzes are like this.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Vintage Oranges are some of the best amps.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

AstroZamboni posted:

Holy jeezus that's beautiful. Who made it?

Looks like a Carvin Icon to me.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Don Bojangles posted:

I finally broke down and got the Les Paul I've always wanted. It's not the most expensive model, but I love it just the same.

Also, not necessarily a new gear purchase, but worth mentioning, just the same. I decided to overhaul my old '95 Mexican Jazz Bass into something a little nicer for use on stage. I did it all myself, and I'm really happy with the results. It went from this:

To this:

Very nice! I'm not usually a fan of tort but it looks great with that finish and the old school covers.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Gallien Krueger 1001RB-II.

I can finally keep up with the guitarists in my band. Life is good.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Here's my new practice amp. It has some mold growing on the inside, and you have to set the treble in one exact place to make it work, but other than that it's great!

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

mono posted:

TUBE BLASTER DRIVE

:hellyeah:

It sounds about as good as you can imagine. The best part is that I found the amp in a ravine.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Stux posted:

If you don't get the over the top beauty of the JEM you are a gay. Also all Ibanez necks are the best all other necks are gay.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Looking good scuz. I'm a fan of simple green finishes on Fender style basses.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Korg pitchblack pedal tuner:

Great little pedal. Accurate, simple to operate, easy to see on stage. I tried it out at a gig last night and it worked out perfectly.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Just got my P-bass back from the shop. Upgraded with all new pots and wiring in a black pickguard, replacing the horrible anodized gold one it came with. Set up with D'addario Chromes, bottom 4 of a 5-string set, tuned C F A# D#. Sounds about 200% better than before.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Doomy posted:

Nice, that looks awesome. Could you post clips? How does the bottom C sound with those chromes?

It sounds something like this:

adrianas anorgasmia posted:

Can you see the grain or is that a reflection from the window?

It's a reflection. I don't think MIM Fenders usually have translucent finishes.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Thorpe posted:

Conklin

Very nice! That's one of the more subdued Conklins I've seen. Does it have a low F#?

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
I've never heard of Homme using a Matamp before. As far as I know, he's always used old Ampeg V4s and VT22s. You could probably cop his sound with any loud, clean tube amp so long as you have the right distortion in front of it.

Catastrophe, did you buy your Electric new or used? Personally, I don't think I would give the company my business, but I wouldn't say no to a used one.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Carbohydrates posted:

More to the point of the thread, I've got a down payment on a Soloway Cygnus right now. Should have the rest of the money to pay it off within a month or so if work treats me well! I'm straight commission, so here's hoping I stay busy.

Very cool. I've always liked Soloway's designs - progressive, yet with a classy, vintage look.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Wrong thread, nothing to see here.

While I'm here, I might as well say that I love the Dr. Booger!

Juaguocio fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Just got my new SX 5-string in the mail. Here it is with its two buddies, my soon-to-be-gone Fender and a Dean Jeff Berlin signature on loan from a friend.

Now the modding begins!