Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
So I was awarded a pell grant and according to the financial aid office, I don't have to do anything for it to be accepted? They'll just take payment directly from that? I've never gotten aid before and I am really lost in this process.

My payment is due by the Friday you registered so I need to make sure it will go through because the grant didn't cover the full price of tuition so I'm gonna have to pay the rest by Friday. Do you guys have any experience with this? I am so lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Wiggy Marie posted:

That's correct, you will automatically show as accepting the Pell. The amount scheduled for the semester should be deducted from the amount you have due. The bursar's office is the one you would need to call and ask about amounts due after aid.

Just in case anyone has the same issue:

The Pell Grant is automatically deducted from the tuition. If you have a specific due date for your tuition, it is waved until the grant goes through. At that point, the student is billed by the school, and a new due date is set. :)