Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clearacell
Mar 25, 2006

Just gotta take it down...like a champ.
Registered as clearacell, hope to help out any way I can :).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clearacell
Mar 25, 2006

Just gotta take it down...like a champ.

moodgiesanta posted:

I made a page about Elfen Lied, because every so often you see a thread about it and it would be nice to have something to point them towards.

Also I secretly hope people will put shows under the "If you liked this . . ." because that seems like the most important part of any page, that is, other shows that people will like if they like that show. I mean, it's nice to have a huge big page on Haruhi because most all of us love it, but it seems the best possible thing for such a popular show would be other shows people would like that are similar. Just listing shows doesn't seem helpful enough. Shouldn't there be like a sentence, maybe two, telling what it is about the show you are listing that makes it relevant?

Say we have a hypothetical School Rumble page. Should we just list shows that have something in common with School Rumble, or should we say what it is about the show we are listing that would interest a fan of School Rumble in an easily digestable sentence? Like "Haruhi has wacky school adventures too" or "if you like the love triangles and don't mind an extra heaping of drama check out Honey and Clover." Not great examples but that's just off the top of my head.

For Haruhi "if you liked this...you'd like", I put School Rumble, Azumanga Daioh, and Kanon. To me it's more of a trend of what the fanbases like, because if you look at those shows listed, Kanon (the remake, actually) seems like the black sheep, but a lot of the fanbase gravitated toward it not because it's similar to Haruhi, but the fact that it had a Kyon-like character (voiced by the same guy) and was by Kyoto Animation.

They also have school aged main characters with some humor and slice of life elements as well, so if you wanted to take similarity in genre, you can argue that they all share certain elements.

• Locked thread