Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Major Failure
May 31, 2003

I'm in your loft, checking out your ghostbusters.
It's high noon in Woolwich, London, and four dedicated psychonauts are preparing themselves for a nice lunch... of LSD. We're each taking 2 100 microgram hits at 1pm, and we've got ourselves holed up in my trip fortress in the loft of a converted Napoleonic munitions factory, with the phones unplugged and only this forum as our window to reality. The cast for today:

Goons:

Major Failure Male, 5'9", 14.5 stone, spirit guide: Al Swearengen

Resonance Male, 5'9", 11 stone, spirit guide: Doctor Zoidberg

Street_Hotdog Male, 6'6", 15.5 stone, spirit guide: Geodude

Non-Goon:

codename stoatzart Female, 5'8" , 9.5 stone, spirit guide: Deinocheirus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinocheirus)

All four of us have done shrooms together twice and weed countless times, while resonance, hotdog and myself have a longer history of doing shrooms together. We spent last night smoking bowls and listening to various things, and we're just finishing rigging the place up for tripping before we drop the tabs and start watching David Attenborough's Planet Earth.

Street hotdog is hanging up a colossal image of ganesh in front of one of our big windows, Resonance is mooching around drinking juice and sorting the kitchen out, and Stoatzart is taking a shower.

Wish us luck guys; the three of us goons will be posting our thoughts and reflections throughout the next twelve hours or so, so join us at 1pm GMT for the crunch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Poster: Resonance

Just another preliminary post here. Last night was quite a wild one. I drank two huge bottles of Nigerian lager, and being the lightweight that I am, woke up with a bit of sore head. I've got a bit of a sniffle too, but since I've seen that episode of House where Hugh Laurie drops LSD to cure a migraine I figure I'll be just fine.

Major Failure has a mild case of the runs, so you may be wise to anticipate a pants-making GBS threads extravaganza.

We've also got a Wii in the house. Plasma Pong is going to blow my mind, although I realise that playing games may be the last thing I want to do when we're knee deep in the mire.

We're a close-knit group, so it should be good times. We were snapping at each other this morning over absolutely nothing, but I put that down to the pre-trip jitters.

Soundgarden's on the jukebox right now. Things aren't looking so good... I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota. I'm British. Is Minnesota really that bad a place?

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Who said anything about slicing you up, man?
gently caress it. it's raining. we're doing it early. the acid is in my mouth as i type. no time for capital letters!

bigbowlowrong
Dec 15, 2006

by Ozma
Have a good one guys, I'll be watching this thread with interest. I haven't dropped for almost a year at this point - should make it a priority for the next month.:)

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Poster: Resonance

Something is definitely up, guys. I've got some tingly arms and a strange stomach, and I started seeing watercolour flashes of colour in the medium-lit bathroom across white surfaces. Something is definitely up.

The others are starting to feel it too. Weighty arms. Classic cue that we all felt on shrooms.

Looking forward to seeing a beautiful sunset.

Anxiety departing, excitement washing in.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

watching the "shallow seas " episode of planet earth. It's a good choice. Ganesh is starting to look relatively interesting.

Boring
Nov 29, 2004

nuhhh
Wow acid in London! Great find. I'd never have believed it. Have a great day, i'll be watching this thread intently :)

Invite me over :(

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance:

Full-body tingles kicking in. Think we're all pretty much on the same page right now.

Just had to turn Planet Earth off because it started seeming a bit too violent.

Strapping ourselves in for what could be a bumpy ride. Tripping in the daylight is quite a novelty. Don't think I'd want to try playing the Wii right now.

The bathroom tiles were looking very strange a moment ago. Started seeing streaks of light shooting across the squares. Bodily functions felt weird too.

Listening to Porcupine Tree 'Trains'. Clichéd? Absolutely.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Euphoria kicking in. Watching the raging River Thames out of the window. Incredibly intense. The music is ripping me apart right now.

Seems like a more peaceful, gradual comeup than shrooms. Enjoying it very much. Think my peripheral vision is starting to get a little cheeky...

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

posterMajor failure

really feeling this stuff in my body now - it's like I have a steam boiler powering up in my chest.

steambuoi!

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance:

loving hell, Very peculiar comeup. Think we're all a little on edge at the moment. Just curious to see where things will take us.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

after a brief consultation with our spirit guides (staring at low-quality images on a dirty laptop screen) we decided that we're all on our own from here. geodude has turned his back on me. that said, just the sensation of typing is gloooorious right now.

major failure - "if you think you're not hosed, try eating a bloody GRAPE!" (throwing grapes in all directions)

upon eating this grape, i can conclude that i AM hosed.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

major failure just pointed out that "mess" is a ridiculous concept. "all it is is STUFF on THINGS!"

i think he's my new spirit guide

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Resonance: I was just listening to the music as if I were biting down on a chocolate bar. What the gently caress does that even mean?!!?

Powerful chemical, I can already see that.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

yeah, I think I'm definitely sideways now.

The music wire just came out of our laptop and it was like not being able to breathe for a minute - we all flapped until we had the pipe plugged back in!

This is remarkably odd, I have that quintessentially psychedelic feeling of being very "deeply within" something, as if there were a lot of thoughts looming around my immediate sphere of perception, queuing for my attention and clustering to observe my field of vision at the same time.

While I have been typing this post I would definitely say I had "come up",just shy of eighty five minutes into this adventure.

Resonance has just commented that he, too, has the "under the sea" feeling.

Yeah, definitely on acid now. That's rather wonderful.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

oh christ, who's idea was it to put on "have a drink on me" by AC/DC

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

?

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance: Having a powerful urge to shrink my immediate surroundings into something manageable right now. So I'm wrapped up in a sleeping blanket typing into the laptop. loving hell. I am already quite sideways. Looks like we;re going outside briefly. Bon Voyage!

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
I'll probably be coming up while you guys are coming down :) Enjoy!

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

we just came back indoors after a short trip to the outside world. just when i think i'm getting used to the stage i'm at, some joker comes running up behind me and shoves 3dglasses over my eyes. enjoying some cherries atm. mental images of attending a cocktail party in this state. i think i just drank the concept of flowers.

great sense of urgency.

the internet is NOT on my side here.

resonance- "aaaarrrgggh! velcro in my hair! help me up mate! no wait, everything's alright"

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Resonance: Incredibly disorientated now. Not even sure if I'm tripping or not. It's like I've forgotten the difference between altered states and normal ones. Very odd. Listening to Prince 'Jam of the Year', of all things. Music is loving me up with its complexity.

Stoatzart's getting some visuals now. All still very cerebral for me. Two hours? Not sure now.

Trip's got a very primal tone to it. Really can not place where my mind is.

Street_Hotdog fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jan 20, 2007

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

'LSD and shrooms are not so much chalk and cheese as they are peas and carrots.' Street hotdog just said that.

We;re in trouble.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

now posting as stoatzart

the floor and the walls are like agate but also like silt and at the moment the grain in the laminate is heading for the front door. A minute ago it was heading for the Failure sounds like a choir of children chattering

--

I think shes stopped typing now

Bless her!

Street_Hotdog fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Jan 20, 2007

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

something sideways this way comes

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

I think the keywords for this trip are breezy and summer

--

(it's january)

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Resonance: Looks like the sun is thinking about setting. Absolutely cannot get a handle on this trip. Not sure where it's going at all. Enjoying the ride.

"I really am quite into my drugs." - Major Failure

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Street_Hotdog posted:

Resonance: Looks like the sun is thinking about setting. Absolutely cannot get a handle on this trip. Not sure where it's going at all. Enjoying the ride.

"I really am quite into my drugs." - Major Failure

major failure here. The adverts at the bottom of the screen are making me want to join goon squad, and I've no loving clue what that even is. Sounds a good idea though, doesn't it?

Prince is surprisingly good acid music, although I never would have suggested it myself.

thought: the word "suggested" would look a lot better as "suggceted"

something with a c anyway

where was I?

I have a real urge to play some dwarf fortress. I've got a horrible feeling I'd do quite well at it as well. I keep getting the strange sensation I coud live an ordinary life like this, but then I just piss myself laughing because I am tripping balls.

Haha, prince! what an idiot. style, indeed.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

actually, this is quite important. I really ought to say my piece, although this is all getting a bit spider jerusalem. In my head, that is. Not on the page. I think that's at the root of the problem I'm trying to describe... there's a very slim thread in between perception and art, and it's only made of words. And words are remarkably fragile things.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

Street_Hotdog posted:

actually, this is quite important. I really ought to say my piece, although this is all getting a bit spider jerusalem. In my head, that is. Not on the page. I think that's at the root of the problem I'm trying to describe... there's a very slim thread in between perception and art, and it's only made of words. And words are remarkably fragile things.

major failure here again. I seem to be having a somewhat extended period at the keyboard here, so I'll make this my last. Over to someone else now, although I'm happy with how succinct that was.

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

it'll be interesting to see who typed what under whose username and who got banned because of what in a few hours.most of it was major failure. this is street hotdog right now, though. but probably not for long. it's time to dance!!!!!

Canukian
Dec 13, 2005
I am a displaced Canadian

Street_Hotdog posted:

Resonance: I was just listening to the music as if I were biting down on a chocolate bar. What the gently caress does that even mean?!!?

Powerful chemical, I can already see that.

poo poo Ive done that before... definitely ended up eating my MP3 player until it was broken (eat = chew). That was from a shrooms trip though.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance: Having a loving blast now. Listening to Shpongle. Thanks to people who are replying! Really appreciate it, but slightly too battered and distracted to respond.

The Ganesh wall hanging is proving to be a big hit. The other three are rocking out over there right now.

poo poo. Street hotdog just put some 3D glasses on me. That's different. Good to have trip companions, that's for sure.

We're all in our early twenties, by the way.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance: loving hell, Major and Stoatz are off to fetch the pet snakes now.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The trip reports today are loving stellar, what a day to be stuck at work.

Keep up the good work guys. :)

I know I suggested that in the other thread already but I was too late ... Go watch some Adventure Time! It's totally rhombus.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 20, 2007

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance: Well, they said they were off to fetch the snakes, but it's become painfully clear to Street Hotdog and I that they're just having sex. Stoatz is fetching major's snake, if you will.

Failure just said "Being on LSD from moment-to-moment is like shuffling a pack of cards, and every now and then you get the 'acid card,' but you're not sure when you have it. Or something like that.

As soon as I can get a handle on this trip I keep feeling like it dumps me back in to a different level.

Major Failure fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 20, 2007

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Illinois Smith posted:

The trip reports today are loving stellar, what a day to be stuck at work.

Keep up the good work guys. :)

I know I suggested that in the other thread already but I was too late ... Go watch some Adventure Time! It's totally rhombus.

cheers for the link! hoping youtube will live up to his part in the bargain and show us the thing

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

Resonance: We're looking at mercury in little glass vials at the moment. What a ludicrous liquid! Metal? Liequid?

loving hell! THe other three are battering my inability to grasp advanced chemistry at the moment.

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

we just had a lengthy three-to-four minute conversation about what curseword to end the last post with

my consensus is of course, cocksuckers

on that note, sheet blotdog (black sheepdog) was just grasping round in his crotch trying to find liquid metals

in a genuiney non-sexy way!

Major Failure
May 31, 2003

street hotdog to black sheepdog, via blotters and blottoed (bloato)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street_Hotdog
Jan 16, 2007

juggling with fossils
juggling with possibilities
juggling with possible fossils. and also mercury in a small container. we'll be putting that away then. but maybe not. i think i'll keep it around.

juggling with poisons.sounds like less fun than it is.