Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I am thrilled to no end. I just bought the Alesis IO|24. Please proceed to tell me what a fluffy paperweight it is. Haven't even busted one out on it yet, I'll be doing that tonight, OR, possibly, beating my head against the wall and crawling back to my Zoom MRS 1608.

It looks pretty nice, and Alesis has always served me well through the various products of theirs that I've bought over the decades. I'm looking for reviews online, and since it's brand new, apparently nobody knows jack about it other than the company literature. I'm hoping that's good enough.

So. Here I go. Swan-diving into the DAW world with this doodad and my sheer brilliance alone. I'm hoping my laptop will handle my load. I'll start pricing external superfast drives in the meantime, and start cleaning off my MRS 1608, getting it ready to sell.

It's a big day for me. I feel like I'm stepping up to middle school, where I'm the little fish all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Paperhouse posted:

what's the trick for getting these reverby sort of distant vocals that you hear a lot on indie/lo-fi songs? I can't imagine it's complicated but I don't know how to recreate it

something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Jjf_MLDsw
Run the vocals into a second track, (bus I think?) and set the verb up on that track:
1. Reverb should be mono, (I think?)
2. EQ, hi and lo pass cuts so you're only letting a slice (cutting out the low, and/or the highs) of the reverb overlay the original vocals.

That's my wild guess there. I've done it with drums.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Dec 4, 2017