Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Quarex posted:

While this is a whole different level of nerd, I do feel the need to point out that an "Official" D&D product using 2nd edition rules (Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal) included Barbarians and Monks. Now, there may have never been real versions of these characters released for the table-top version, but they definitely were there and with 2nd edition rules.

There was also a Complete Barbarian's Handbook with a number of kits to modify existing classes into barbarian versions. I'm pretty sure the Cleric's handbook had a monk kit, but that was just a cleric variant using unarmed attacks. This is just from memory; those books are in storage and I haven't read them in at least 7 years, so I may be off on the monk memory, but I'm certain about the Barbarian Handbook.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

sakesniper posted:

I wanted the gate not to blow to see if Soon could finally convey to Miko that she isn't destined or anything but is just crazy, but the chance of her finally dieing forever is nice too. It's win win for everybody!

In that she has evasion, she probably didn't even take damage from the explosion. On the other hand, Soon is incorporeal, so he may still have the chance to explain to her what an idiot she is.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Yeah, but we don't know what else Parson did this turn (he killed the seige engines "for an opener," right?). My guess is his comment earlier about the Alliance having to deal with fog of war adding a new dimension to his plan means that he's set up a trap in the center hex.
Of course, whether that trap can deal with the Arkenpliers, which he probably doesn't know about, is another thing entierly.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

It does provide the explaination for Stanley having all the dragons, which is kinda a big deal...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

Then again, he can read, and I haven't seen him use Rage yet [through the Hobgoblin Hill was pretty close.], so maybe he decided not to at the last minute.

Multiclass barbarians can read. It's not like someone forgets how to read just because they become a barbarian after they've learned.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

What's this about starting prestige classes, now?

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Javid posted:

I remember one of my first D&D characters with which I actually kept a 10 foot pole on me at all times because the GM was the kind of fucker that would do something like that if I didn't.

I had a friend who would always have his characters carry around a 1 lb block of salt after an unfortunate incident with some kind of giant poisonous slug in 2nd edition. I don't think he ever encountered something vunerable to salt after he started carrying it, mostly because no DM really wants to send giant slugs against someone who's prepared. It'd be like sending rust monsters against a monk.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Soon pretty much said she wasn't going to the same place as them (And her horsie), so I don't think she made it into Lawful Good. I suspect she's kicking around Mechanus in Lawful Neutral land. She really was trying to be lawful, even if she was batshit insane. She sprang to mind when Roy's bureaucratic angel was talking about all that trying stuff.

There are 7 different levels/subplanes to Mount Celestia (the "seven heavens"); I think Paladins typically go to a different level than others. This is probably what Soon meant; she's just going to a lower level of Celestia than the rest of the Saphire Guard.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

greatn posted:

Totally plausible if she started with an 18 int. Or she could be 12th, started with a 17 and bumped up Int all three times.(+2 int for elf)

Elves are +2 dex, not int. Unless V is a grey elf, which I don't recall being mentioned at any point. Of course, V could very easily have a +2 or higher headband of int at level 11, so 11 is still possible.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

IMJack posted:

Wonder what Therkla's dump stat is. Charisma?

Judging by how easily she falls for an enemy, Wisdom.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New comic up!

Edit: Beaten because I took the time to make a copy. Probably useless, since the site doesn't seem to go down every time a new comic goes up these days.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Erfworld updated again. Only took them 4 days; maybe they'll be back to a twice a week schedule again.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Altamir posted:

Melf's is second, Color spray is first. Both are great spells, Color Spray is over powered as it is. Its the first "save of be screwed over" spell wizards get.

Amongst the first; Charm Person and Sleep are 1st level, too.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

ZorbaTHut posted:

Is that table at the bottom an actual copy of a D&D 1 or D&D 2 table? If so, man, the twink possibilities!

It's a conversion to 3.x, and I don't have my 2e books handy to make sure it completely matches up, but yeah, that's basically how it works.

That wasn't even the worst way someone could randomly become way more powerful than they should; you should see the psionic wild talent rules they had in 2e...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Ashcans posted:

I forget, do you have to make a Concentration check every time you're hit, or just once per round if you are attacked? Because it would be hilarious if the full-attack from the cat prevented her from getting any spells off at all. I seem to recall people doing something similar with Darts, because they had a ridiculous rate of fire.

You have to make a Concentration check if you take damage while you're casting a spell. So you have to get hit while casting a spell longer than one round, be taking continuous damage (from an ongoing fire or acid or the like), or someone has to hit you with an attack of opportunity or readied attack while you're casting a normal standard action spell. You also need to make a concentration check to cast a spell while grappled, so either the cat isn't grappling and would get an attack of opportunity in the case of a spell, or the cat is grappling and would force a check that way. Of course, in the case of an attack of opportunity, she could make an easier concentration check to avoid the AoO in the first place.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

gothfae posted:

Yay, I get to start off two levels in debt, to be something that can be flipped on it's back and baked in the sun. Leon killed a guy over that.

The worst part is that it can only attempt to flip itself over once per day. I think turtles have a better shot at righting themselves. Any PC would need to pump up Escape Artist as much as possible...

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New comic:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip- He's really cranking them out the last few days

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

CapnAndy posted:

What the gently caress server is OotS on, a tin can with some string to connect it to the routers?

Going through the archives is being made very loving difficult by the website's love of timing out 19 out of every 20 times I try to load any page.

Burlew's cheap hosting is clearly a plot to get you to buy his books.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

ConfusedUs posted:

Finding out that Redcloak lied about the save DC makes that whole scene even better.

He didn't lie; the priest miscalculated his total roll.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Ashcans posted:

(is he even consistent?)

Nope. He's pretty much on a permenant random schedule due to his health (hence the "Updates three days a week without warning" above the comic).

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Dr. Ron Paul posted:

I don't get the whole lampshade thing.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresource...ng-a-lampshade/

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

kujeger posted:

I automatically grab and store a copy of the latest strip here, so it's handy if the mainpage is down. I check for a new strip every hour so it's pretty much guaranteed to be current.

http://crom.kujeger.net/tegneserier/oots/index.html

Neat! You need to fix your date display, but that's very useful.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Well, that answers that question:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Christ, he's pumping them out fast lately:

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

The new update is not for the faint of stomach.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip

Click here for the full 721x935 image.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip:

Click here for the full 710x935 image.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip:

Click here for the full 733x935 image.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

New strip. I'd mirror it but waffleimages isn't working for me at the moment.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Kramer posted:

I count at least 8 Ninja.
And that's only the ones we managed to Spot.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

I would really have expected SOMEONE to have leveled up after beating that thing.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Hey new strip

Click here for the full 711x933 image.

Waste of a hit there, I think.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Sick_Boy posted:

That was a bit... too legal from Elan. I expected a more chaotic response.

Punching him WAS a chaotic response (it was illegal assualt, once he'd surrendered). Elan's also a GOOD character; as he showed with Nale, he's not going to kill somone who's surrendured, even if they deserve it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Bremen posted:

Nooooooo, he blew all the expensive AC boosting items overboard.

This was my thought too. V, you're smart enough to make more efficient use of available resources than that!

Of course, maybe V just wanted to make sure there wasn't any evidence that the Order had killed a powerful nobleman lying around.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Kleedrac posted:

1) Why is everyone referring to "V" as a guy?

Because "he" is the appropiate English pronoun to use when talking about a person whose gender you don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006

Hey guys, isn't it about time for a new strip?

Click here for the full 725x933 image.

«5 »