Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

zakharov posted:

New comic up, with absolutely no story advancement.

Gives a good how idea on how effective Elan can be when he really wants to be, though. His bard song even affected Xykon, even if he changed the lyrics for his own benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Panty_HaX0r posted:

Isn't Belkar technically the new leader of the hobgoblins, assuming they're not all dead, since he actually killed their old leader?

Nope. Redcloak is the leader of the hobgoblins, and still alive.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Wolfsheim posted:

Reading Erfworld is like an exercise in futility. I want to like it, I genuinely do, and then he makes it about a tiny super-deformed bisexual seductress :(

Or just makes it flat out confusing, which is my problem with it.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Ashcans posted:

Is OoTS this terrible to people that don't play DnD?

As a person who doesn't play DnD, let me be the first to say that it absolutely is not.

The difference is that Erfworld is more drama based, I suppose, with the occasional joke, and OotS leans slightly more comedically with dramatic moments.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

RentACop posted:

That and how much "cute" names for common fantasy elements amuse you (LOL DWAGONS).

Good Lord that got disgusting to read after the first instance, let alone the 10th.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Efreet saiid posted:

Man I really wish we had a forum for talking about this stuff.

There's always this one.

Agreed on the topic of Erfworld. If it doesn't move somewhere interesting or humorous fast, I'll just focus more on OotS instead.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
:siren:NEW STRIP IS UP!:siren:

Quite a few signs to be seen.

Also, thanks for the reminder, Rich. :v:

Just in case it goes down again:

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 4, 2007

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

bgaesop posted:

Yes, at level 4 monks' unarmed attacks count as magical, and they are bludgeoning.

Now all I get is an image of Miko slapping the poo poo out of Xykon, and it amuses me greatly.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

RickoniX posted:

I don't think Miko is a level 4 monk though, so I don't think she is capable of damaging either Xykon or any of the ghost martyrs.

I wasn't saying that it would happen. I'm just saying that the idea of Miko the Monk engaging in a down and out slapfight with a lich sorcerer is inherently humorous to me.

I mean, it would be something slightly unpredictable, instead of the somewhat expected "Miko accidentally saves Xykon" or "Miko gets a shot at redemption" options.

We need to find the strip where she gives her history to get a better gauge of her level. I could've sworn that she mentioned at what level she went from Monk to Paladin.

EDIT: I found the strip. She said that she went from Monk to Paladin at age 13, and confirmed that she took a few levels of Monk. No idea how many, though.

BlueArmyMan fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 5, 2007

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Robot Bastard posted:

Do we know that the gem in the throne was a Gate? Or are we just going by what the characters have told us? Remember that we've been lied to before.

If I remember correctly, when Shojo was telling the story of Snarl, or sometime before the battle began, there was a zoom in on the jewel that showed the gate inside it.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

ZorbaTHut posted:

Right now he's a lot more consistent than OOTS, which manages nowhere near the vaguely-planned "three-times-a-week" thing.

Rich changed the update schedule to "At random" at the beginning of July, due to health issues.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo
I just figured that O-Chul was telling the truth, and Redcloak expected him to lie so much that he wrote off whatever O-Chul's answer would be as a lie automatically v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Custodes posted:

Well, new strip is mostly up, and lord he really hates satisfying reader demand.

Burlew to readers re: latest strip:

t:D