Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Neito posted:

Are you referencing something, and I'm just missing it, or are you actually saying it could be worse?

Bleach I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

At first I thought the flag resembled the People's Republic of China flag, but it seems like that might be just the color and stars.

Of course, the "economic engagement" bit set me on edge. I read political themes into things too much.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

From his mention of "the elven attack" killing Jirix I'm assuming the terrorist attack is actually V's attack, not something from the elf party.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Putting the two views of the head side-by-side it looks like the horns, forehead, and eyes look the same. I'm not certain that green thing to the left of his wing in the first picture is actually his face, I think it might be part of his armor. It's in no way even close to lined up to be a continuation of the head.

EDIT: Lines!

wdarkk fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Apr 6, 2010

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Donraj posted:

Any idea what spell Malack was hitting Sabine with? Looks like an Unholy Smite, but that doesn't make much sense.

There's a ton of necromancy spells that would manifest as black lines. Negative Energy Bolt/Ray, Enervation, Energy Drain, etc.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I'm kind of hoping they pick up the lizardfolk to replace Durkon if he dies in this arc. I'm starting to like him.

EDIT: I doubt it will happen though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Nosy_G posted:

I'm curious as to how the whole V-Causing-Black-Dragon-Genocide thing is affecting Tiamat's interest in this whole thing.

I think the IFC seemed to smooth it over, although who knows what will happen.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

navyjack posted:

Man, I wish I'd spent all that money on Apple stock instead of D&D books when I was in high school. :(

I asked my dad to buy Apple stock when it was at $16 or so. Would have been 1600% gain :sigh:

EDIT: drat, new page.

I still like the lizard cleric, and I hope he features more.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ashenai posted:

The AD&D 2nd Ed DMG (I think) had a scenario involving a 9-man party with one guy representing each of the 9 alignments, as a demonstration of how they were all supposed to think.

I think "unintentionally hilarious" was a fair description.

How would they avoid killing each other for more than a few minutes?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Parahexavoctal posted:

Hmmm.

"Female"?

Wouldn't he have found out about that by now?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

inthesto posted:

If you're not being sarcastic, then I believe you are wrong, because those titles go to Mike Mearls and Iron Heroes. :colbert:

He used a $ as an S in 2011, I really hope he's being sarcastic.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Roy should be a Warblade and actually get a benefit from his Intelligence score sometimes.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sefer posted:

1 minute, according to the SRD, so 10 rounds. Dryzzryt-whatever would have to make a lot of concentration checks to complete the spell; I don't really see why V felt the need to break it off.

He could have prepared it with the Rapid Spell feat, which would make it 1 round.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

I legitimately rolled 12 14 14 16 17 17 on 4d6 drop lowest once while making a backup character, so it's entirely possible to get insane stats.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

ANYONE can die in a game that starts at level 1.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

quote:

Destruction
Necromancy [Death]
Level: Clr 7, Death 7
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell instantly slays the subject and consumes its remains (but not its equipment and possessions) utterly. If the target’s Fortitude saving throw succeeds, it instead takes 10d6 points of damage. The only way to restore life to a character who has failed to save against this spell is to use true resurrection, a carefully worded wish spell followed by resurrection, or miracle.

Focus
A special holy (or unholy) symbol of silver marked with verses of anathema (cost 500 gp).

I'm sort of hoping for this.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ze Pollack posted:

Schlock Mercenary fascinates me mostly because you watch a guy go from having the drawing skills of a twelve-year-old to actually having his own cohesive style.

I liked Schlock Mercenary but eventually it hit up against the "END ALREADY" feeling I get that keeps me from enjoying many things.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

As badass as it was, I'm with whoever it was a while back wondering what the point of this part is. Given the pace of updates has been historically slow, and the resistance/elves seem to have accomplished absolutely jack poo poo.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

This looks like what I was hoping for.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

poo poo, this could be where Belkar dies.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Blood War II: Hell and the Abyss vs Belkar.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Galahad posted:

My money is that it is all an illusion, you notice that Durkon hasn't gone into the room yet and he still has True Seeing running. Either way I suspect we will find out when he enters the room.

Is there any way an illusionist can overcome true seeing? That would sort of be the ultimate illusion. Of course if something is that real, perhaps it really is real, as opposed to just an illusion. So it would be an illusion so real it IS real. Wheels within wheels man.

He could always bake Seed: Ward into his epic illusion.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

The problem with using Epic Spells (based on Seed: Fortify) to extend your lifespan is that the possibility exists of it being dispelled by some rear end in a top hat, causing you to instantly die of old age.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Do you think this is the gate where the IFC will take control, or will that be the next one?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Honestly the only reason I wouldn't immediately say that V will get controlled this gate is that Tarquin is not going to put up with the IFC butting in.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Judging by other spells, it seems entirely reasonable that Familicide could simply deny saves to anyone with a CR 10 or more lower than Haetara (pretty much everyone).

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Wouldn't True Seeing show the statue's "true form" though?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

We already know V can't get a happy ending. I'm half expecting he intentionally fails a save vs disintegration or something while the fiends are possessing him.

Speaking of happy endings, apparently Elan is the only one who'll get one. Except Haley is officially his lover now, so if she dies or something horrible happens to her it can't be happy for him. I'm really interested in seeing how that works.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Huh, for some reason I remembered the oracle's words as "just you".

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Colon V posted:

Or one of those really rear end in a top hat inevitables that doesn't give a gently caress WHY you're doing what you are, just that you're doing it, it breaks the rules, so it's gonna break you in half now.

Yeah, those guys are perfect for Miko.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Yesssss. Now, give Durkon character growth from this.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ursine Asylum posted:

He remembered hazy things from death, but not from his undeath.

Bone golems aren't undead though.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Holy poo poo. I expected Malak to be Evil, but not evil.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

Tarquin didn't designate Elan as his heir, just as his future heroic vanquisher, I believe. It's us who thought Elan might take over the kingdom.

And yeah, nice ticket to Hell he just described. I wonder now, when he said "neutrality suits clerics of Death better" to Durkon, was he being sneaky or does he think of himself as neutral?

He's incapable of being neutral as a vampire. He probably does think that, but doesn't really think it applies to him.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

Yikes.
There's two things that jump out after reading that: The Fire King's achilles heel is his loyalty to those closest to him, including his half-elf sister. His plan involves the genocide of every other elf on the plane. There is a glaring problem here; did Rich ever say how/if that got addressed?

Couldn't he just kill her, then true res her after the ritual?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

After checking a halfling's age categories (just a few decades longer than a human), my money is on Serini being alive but very very old and effectively no threat as an individual, given that she was a rogue rather than a spellcaster. She will still be plot-important in terms of backstory, advice, and possibly connection/resources, though.

She might be an epic-level rogue with max use magic device and the wealth of a 23rd level PC or so. That's still pretty dangerous, at least until the scrolls run out. Of course that requires a lot of assumptions to come true.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

jng2058 posted:

Mi-Jung (Soon's Wife)

Mi-Jung's body was left outside the rift, so we're very sure she's dead.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Zonekeeper posted:

In the event they manage to break out of the spell, I think Belkar will be instrumental. He's not savvy enough to realize he can disbelieve illusions to get rid of them, but of everyone in the group I think he's the most likely to realize something's wrong here. The dream is designed to keep you inside by giving you everything you ever wanted and putting you in a situation where you'd never want to leave the illusion. Belkar got screwed over, so that aspect of the illusion can't prevent him from wanting to break out.

It's a pretty insidious trap - a party comprised of people who respect and like each other would never be able to escape it because everyone gets a happy ending. Only a dysfunctional party where someone's happy ending is mutually exclusive of someone else's would have a chance at getting out.

In a way, the only people Gerrard deems worthy of defeating the trap are those who suffered the way he did with his own adventuring party.

So it seems like it would be especially effective against an all-LG, all-paladin group then.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kraagor believed in the power of strength, so I'm betting it'll be brought down by something involving will saves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

For those wondering about Penelope, remember she was a member of Draketooth's family and as such was probably unwilling to come back, just like it was speculated that the others were. We saw the order talk to one of the ghosts who was quite unhelpful so at least their souls survived.

She wasn't, her ex-husband was.