Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
Why is this also the Goblins thread? I wanna talk about stick figures!

So I will. Sigdi Thundershield doesn't seem like the kind of dwarf who would encourage her son to unhealthily hide all of his feelings so far. What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Carrasco posted:

Origins of PCs makes it seem like he was perfectly happy until he was effectively exiled to a land full of jerks and empty of decent beer.

Though is it really his fault that we can't tell the difference between beer and moose urine?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Basically, it looks like Durkon's main weapon against the High Priest right now is context. Specifically, manipulating what context the actions he's previously taken were taken in.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

Edit: Tarquin himself could be done. But the powers of the western continent now have an interest in the last gate.

I don't think they do. The only one in the Vector Legion who knows about the Gates is Tarquin, and he explicitly said that he had no interest in going after them.

"Power I can't access is no power at all," and all that jazz.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Zoe posted:

But between her death and this one it seems like there's now a bit of a running theme of people being killed by undead creatures they thought they had control of...

:spergin: Jokes on you! Flesh golems technically aren't undead!

Seriously though, I liked this page. Death by piledriver and everything.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Sanford posted:

I have no idea why Haley can fly, at the end there. Why is she flying?

Because Haley learned to believe in herself.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Wasn't there a bunch of rage about how OOTS vampires work ruined Malak's character, or something like that?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Johnny Aztec posted:

Also, I find this method of vampirsm to be really really lame. " Oh it's not him, it's an evil spirit. I prefer the idea of it being 100% that person, only with a new set of desires and urges. You wouldn't have the chemical reactions and hormones guiding you.
Over time, you'd become more divorced from the living person you were. I like the idea of the little justification you give yourself over time, just eroding whatever moral framework you had in life.
I feel it adds more nuance to the character, and maybe Durkon having to live with what he did while a Vampire.

If you have a new set of desires and urges, could you really be said to be 100% the person you were?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Always good to see more Mama Thundershield.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Ponsonby Britt posted:

Spider-Man, unless I'm misinterpreting the question.

Well-played.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Dolash posted:

Too alike. They'll get into an ecumenical dispute concerning Banjo's exact theological status and spend the whole trip glaring at each other from across the ship.

That or she'd promise to find a way to make Banjo a member of the Elvish pantheon.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

In the last panel, do you think Bandana is talking about Felix or Scoundrél?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

cargohills posted:

She's talking about Felix. He's the pilot.

I... I was making a joke. :negative:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Chrungka posted:

In case you don't follow Rich on Twitter, he just posted this:

:toot:

Wait... isn't Vaarsuvius divorced now?

I made myself sad. :smith:

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Oh, this gonna be good.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

World Famous Whore posted:

Also Roy doesn't have the best track record of winning fights with powerful undead.

EDIT: ^^^^^ :argh:

I'll have you know that he was able to kill a powerful lich with nothing but his bare hands!

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Let's not forget that the High Priest has already wrought destruction by slaying that Cleric of the Creed of Stone. If he used Malak's staff to make that guy a vampire off-panel, then Hel will still have a cleric to carry her plans forward even if Roy defeats the High Priest.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Kajeesus posted:

Do we know that destroying the gate is going to actually do anything? Like, the gods will destroy the world for fear of the Snarl, but I'm not really sure what there being five open rifts instead of four is going to change. Before the Order of the Scribble built the gates, there were five rifts and all the Snarl ever did was attack someone who was standing next to a rift and scrying into it. Now there's four rifts and the only thing the Snarl's done is attack someone immediately outside of a rift.

The rifts get bigger when there isn't a gate holding them in check. Presumably one could grow large enough to swallow the world.

That is, if the story that Shojo told the party is true.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

How to properly Godsmoot might have been one more thing that the other Pantheons "forgot" to explain to the Dark One.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Mattress posted:

Now Roy is radioactive! That can't be good!

Don't worry! Roydiation only hurts the undead.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

My prediction: Roy kills the vampire by throwing his sword.

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

I'd summon a garlic elemental myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

Network Pesci posted:

A tiger, a housecat, a lizard, and a bird all sleeping in a big comfy pile is an abomination unto nature, a perversion of the natural order. A walking corpse powered by an evil spirit is pointing it out. I know clerics with the Animal sphere can summon animals. Maybe he's gonna summon evil opposites for the animal companions to fight since they're getting lines now and it's not like this comic has enough supporting cast already.

But the Linear Guild is dead now.