Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Sapper
Mar 8, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

moomoocowsly posted:

Some goon from a past thread posted posted:

OP: "Help! HELP! I'm stuck in a well!!!"
Goons1-4: "Climb! Climb up and take our hands!"
OP: "I'm thinking I should dig... should I dig?"
Goon5: "NO! I was trapped in a well, and digging is a bad idea! Climb out!"
Goons6-8: "Were lowering ropes! Take hold of a rope!"
Goon9: "I've even tied a harness to the end of this one!"
OP: "I can feel the ropes, but I don't want to hold onto them... should I dig?"
Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goons11-18: "No! Climb! Climb out!"
OP: "Guys, I'm seriously stuck in this well! Help! HELP!!!"
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."
**Goons1-20 piss in the well**
Goon21: "Guys, seriously... stop peeing in the well.""
That is seriously the best comparison I've seen. But you forgot the part about Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

This is funny because in high school I was in a relationship a lot like yours only minus the ticket. Sexual things like making out or fondling, etc, were something that I was rewarded with if I did what she wanted. It wasn't a two way street. It's a nice tactic taken by those females that know how to manipulate, and I'm sure she'll be unhappily married to some 60 hour a week business exec driving oversized SUV's with no children in about 10 years.

The lives of these people are empty and shallow. I'd tell you to get rid of her, but it'll happen anyway, so just know this.

Spacemoose
Feb 11, 2003

by Tiny Fistpump
if this thread has no closure, I will punch the OP through the internet

arkiteKt
Jan 2, 2006

I am an obese homosexual who uses a scooter!
Your girl is either:

1) Looking for a reason to dump you
2) A huge bitch looking for some last minute presents/fun before she dumps you

Word
Jan 25, 2003

Spacemoose posted:

if this thread has no closure, I will punch the OP through the internet
I wish this could happen, because there is no chance whatsoever of the OP even remotely standing up to this girl. Unless closure also includes him getting bitch slapped like the little bitch that he is.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I wish these threads had some kind of Toxx Clause rule. If the overwhelming majority of the goons are advocating one course of action, after you've asked for advice, and you don't take it, or at least lie that you have taken it and then close the thread, something...bad should happen.

Irish Revenge
May 22, 2004

I AM A GIANT FAGGOT THAT LIKES TO PRETEND I AM AN ADMIN. I LITERALLY SUCK COCK! GLUCK GLUCK I AM SUCKING COCK NOW BECAUSE I AM SUCH A FAGGOT!!!! IF I AM POSTING PLEASE TELL ME TO SUCK SO MUCH COCK I DIE BECAUSE I AM WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like she really wants to get out of the relationship anyway, and is looking for an excuse. Honestly, the only thing that can help you is to dump her, which will of course make her want you even more. She sounds like a real bitch.

Da Grinch
Jul 5, 2006

Sapper posted:

That is seriously the best comparison I've seen. But you forgot the part about Goon22:"Yeah, like any of you guys have even seen a real well, you neckbearded, WOW-addicted shut-ins."
[/quote]

Sapper, that is completely loving perfect. Kudos to you.

SenSupafly
May 9, 2003

by Fragmaster

Assless Slacks posted:

I wish this could happen, because there is no chance whatsoever of the OP even remotely standing up to this girl. Unless closure also includes him getting bitch slapped like the little bitch that he is.

Honestly, I'd settle for everyone who came in here to comment about the girl's "parking ticket" to post photographs of whatever self-administered punishment they gave themselves for their crimes. Why do people try to give me headaches :(

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Lobok posted:

If the overwhelming majority of the goons are advocating one course of action, after you've asked for advice, and you don't take it, or at least lie that you have taken it and then close the thread, something...bad should happen.
Can you get banned for not taking overwhelming advice?

To be fair to the poor bastard OP, remember when you were in HS and getting a little piece? You'd do anything for that, because you were convinced that nobody would ever give up the booty again!

ArchDemon
Jan 2, 2004

People with emotional and trust issues
really piss me off.

Lobok posted:

I wish these threads had some kind of Toxx Clause rule. If the overwhelming majority of the goons are advocating one course of action, after you've asked for advice, and you don't take it, or at least lie that you have taken it and then close the thread, something...bad should happen.

He wins a bad relationship and psychological abuse.

D14BL0
Dec 6, 2006

WE STAND AT THE DOOR

Fever posted:

I have made a grave error and I am now asking the Internet for advice

Son, you just made two grave errors.

Scar Tissue
Dec 5, 2006

by Lowtax

Fever posted:

She has effectively given me an ultimatum: make it up to her somehow or she's gone.

This is bullshit. Tell her to gently caress off and grow up.

Grassmunk
Sep 30, 2005

by Fistgrrl
Well i feel like im signing an online petition or something with all the 'lose that ho' statements but seriously, i was in a relationship like that and it loving sucked for so long.

Just end it. You should've said 'Well, if you're giving me an utlimatum and I decide not to follow it then you're going to break up with me, ill save you the trouble and end it right now, sorry. Also, since we're not together anymore pay your own ticket'.

Two things will happen, either you'll get your power base back or it will be over. Either way you win, cause bowing down like you're doing means she will lord over you for ever and ever.

Also, go back to your friends, they miss you. I get the feeling she steals away most of your time and probably doesnt like your friends.

Oh and one last thing: Lost that Ho!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
Oh, and another thing: OP, when this is all over you need to post pictures of her. It shouldn't make any difference in your decision (to dump her), but I must admit it could be amusing if you look like Ernest Borgnine and she looks like a young Tyra Banks.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

stealie72 posted:

Can you get banned for not taking overwhelming advice?

Well, it's similar to the Toxx Clause, right? You get punished for not following up on your own outlandish promises.

ArchDemon posted:

He wins a bad relationship and psychological abuse.

True. I suppose that's worse than anything the mods could throw at him.

semi semite
Jun 30, 2003

almost a jew
Well, you said she said "ok", not "I don't know about this, but if you insist...". Sounds to me like it's as much her fault as yours.

Darn Cotts
Mar 12, 2004

\Job"ber*nowl`\, n. [OE. jobbernoule, fr. jobarde a stupid fellow; cf. E. noll.] A blockhead. [Colloq. & Obs.]
Jesus, dump that loving bitch. Can we see a photo? Maybe then we'd understand why you're hesistating...

dodatron
Dec 19, 2004

lambda equals h times c over E, bitches
What will probably happen, or is happening now, is the OP is making it up to her because he doesn't want to lose her. Thats all well and good - you have to learn things on your own I suppose, but I promise you that within the next few weeks, or months she will get more controlling, and ask for you to make even smaller "mistakes" up to her.

By this point you will be so pussy-whipped you'll think that this is the way relationships are supposed to be. Then you'll move away from home to college or somewhere else, be away from her for a little while and realize she is loving insane, and drop her rear end for someone you can actually have fun with.

I'm sure the majority of people who have been through a few relationships have gone through this, and it all ends up the same. Take the advice in this thread, and learn the lesson now, as opposed to a few weeks, six months or a year down the road.

Don't waste your time..

MentholJones
Aug 24, 2004

cLin posted:

Isn't there a phrase when the OP never does anything the replies suggest?
GBS E/N thread

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

dodatron posted:

What will probably happen, or is happening now, is the OP is making it up to her because he doesn't want to lose her. Thats all well and good - you have to learn things on your own I suppose, but I promise you that within the next few weeks, or months she will get more controlling, and ask for you to make even smaller "mistakes" up to her.

By this point you will be so pussy-whipped you'll think that this is the way relationships are supposed to be. Then you'll move away from home to college or somewhere else, be away from her for a little while and realize she is loving insane, and drop her rear end for someone you can actually have fun with.

I'm sure the majority of people who have been through a few relationships have gone through this, and it all ends up the same. Take the advice in this thread, and learn the lesson now, as opposed to a few weeks, six months or a year down the road.

Don't waste your time..

No, I'm pretty sure he's at recess playing 4 square or something. Otherwise he's avoiding the thread like the plague.

HOPEFULLY, he's simply no longer in a class with access to the Internet and will update us later. If this isn't the case, then gently caress you OP.

I think when I have some time I'm going to start a thread.

"Relationship problems? I'll help."

And whoever doesn't take my advice will be hunted down and loving killed.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

PaleolithChick posted:

Hi. I'm a girl. You're dating a twat.

My favorite line so far.

Grassmunk posted:

Well i feel like im signing an online petition or something with all the 'lose that ho' statements...

And just like an online petition, it won't do a drat thing.

My cousin is about ten months into one of these kinds of relationships. His older sister was telling me how, the other day, she witnessed him apologizing to her. Not just a "sorry" but an entire speech and he was near tears the whole time. His girlfriend just kept nodding and telling him how much he doesn't care about her.

What was he apologizing for? Their grandmother had just died, and the flight coming back from the funeral was late.

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005
Hey man don't listen to these guys listen what you should do is pay the ticket then you should buy her lots of flowers and ask her to the homecoming dance.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dump her at prom

PaleolithChick
Nov 9, 2006

Hi. I'm a girl. You're dating a twat.

SenSupafly posted:

Honestly, I'd settle for everyone who came in here to comment about the girl's "parking ticket" to post photographs of whatever self-administered punishment they gave themselves for their crimes. Why do people try to give me headaches :(

Well, "parking" is an old fashioned term for making out. And they were going to the park to make out so... it's kind of a parking ticket. A little.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What was he apologizing for? Their grandmother had just died, and the flight coming back from the funeral was late.

:what:

And with that, I think you just broke the Internet.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Fever posted:

Well, poo poo.

I informed my girlfriend that of course I would pay her ticket, but she is still understandably pissed off. She has effectively given me an ultimatum: make it up to her somehow or she's gone. Unfortunately I have no idea what to do, and I am turning to the estimated 2 goons who have experience in these situations.

what.the.gently caress?

Exactly what needs to be made up?!

here's an idea. Tell her to get over herself and pay for her own goddamned ticket because you didn't hold her at gunpoint and it was an honest mistake. The fact that you were going to NICELY pay for her ticket and she still came off like an angry bitch tells me that you should pretty much tell her to gently caress off and if she'd ever care to see you again, she'd better get her attitude straight.

The simple answer is, however, that anyone who would act like this sounds like a real wet-blanket on your life and you should probably just tell her to get to steppin'.

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'?

jackpot posted:

Oh, and another thing: OP, when this is all over you need to post pictures of her. It shouldn't make any difference in your decision (to dump her), but I must admit it could be amusing if you look like Ernest Borgnine and she looks like a young Tyra Banks.

Yeh cuz if she's a :btroll: then who cares. But if she looks good and is still a bitch, don't dump her. :rolleyes:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Sapper posted:

moomoocowsly posted:

Some goon from a past thread posted:

Goon10: "No! If you dig, you'll hit water, and then you'll be proper hosed. I should know, I almost drowned."
OP: "I dug a little bit just now, and I haven't hit water. I'm gonna keep digging..."
Goon19: "I was trapped in a well once. It took me two years, but I managed to build a climbing machine that pulled me to safety out of a well bucket and a pocket watch. I'm dropping the blueprints, extra buckets, and an assortment of pocket watches."
Goon20: "I've engineered a jet-pack that will rocket you to safety. Stay where you are and we'll lower it down!""
"OP: "Thanks for your help, guys. I'm gonna keep digging. I'll find the Mines of Moria and I'll just walk to the surface."

This is great and I wish I knew who made it so I could properly thank them. It could go on forever just like every e/n thread ever.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

bearded dragoon posted:

SEVER

make her your Ecks!

Kalista
Oct 18, 2001

moomoocowsly posted:

Some goon who I suspect is the amazing Mayor Wilkins from a past thread posted:

I think this was the fantastic Mayor Wilkins. His advice is always this kickass. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a fangirl. :love: Wilkins

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

Fever posted:

This made me laugh.

I'm impressed with the speed with which I have gotten advice. I think I'll just say "you know what, I apologized and paid your ticket, tht's really all that needs to happen."

Also, it is not a goddamn parking ticket. The citation has nothing to do with my car, it's based on our presence in the park after 11 PM.

You have to ask yourself this important question:

Is ackward teenage groping with the fleeting hope of sex worth $55 and my manhood? If the answer is yes, then suck up hardcore and be her bitch. If the answer is no, then kick her to the curb and go find yourself another woman.

Grassmunk
Sep 30, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Pope Corky the IX posted:

My cousin is about ten months into one of these kinds of relationships. His older sister was telling me how, the other day, she witnessed him apologizing to her. Not just a "sorry" but an entire speech and he was near tears the whole time. His girlfriend just kept nodding and telling him how much he doesn't care about her.

Oh man, i was in that relationship too, that loving sucked so drat much i cant even describe it. I once got in poo poo because i didnt want to have sex with her the day we had my grandmother funeral. Why was she pissed? Because she's only rarely in the mood to make-out/have sex and was upset because I didnt do her when she wanted me too so obviously I think she's ugly. Regardless of the fact that my grandma had her open casket that day... seriously what the hell

Word
Jan 25, 2003

jcschick posted:

Yeh cuz if she's a :btroll: then who cares. But if she looks good and is still a bitch, don't dump her. :rolleyes:
No see he said it shouldn't make any difference whatsoever, but being indignant is fun isn't it!

This is EXACTLY what the OP is probably thinking too.

GymnastyThom
Nov 26, 2005
Do you smell something? You know what that reminds me of? That smells like.. vampire shit.
Where’s the OP? I think we should be obligated to end threads, or be probated. I feel like starting something and then no longer responding is worse than other offenses that do give probation.

Also, that well analogy is gorgeous.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

cr0y posted:

Dump her at prom

Dump pigs' blood on her at prom.

Aries
Jun 6, 2006
Computer says no.
I'm with everyone in this thread: Dump that ridiculous drama queen.

And hurry up with it too, I need closure.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

This thread is the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed

(dump her)

jcschick
Oct 12, 2004

What's the buzz? Tell me what's happenin'?

Assless Slacks posted:

No see he said it shouldn't make any difference whatsoever, but being indignant is fun isn't it!

This is EXACTLY what the OP is probably thinking too.

Not being indignant, just gettin' on Jackpot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

jcschick posted:

Is that what I said? :psyduck:

He should dump her regardless of how she looks because she sounds like a bad person to go out with. It will, however, be amusing if after he's severed all ties it turns out that he's Joe Average-to-below-average and she's some national beauty pageant-winning Susie Supermodel, the kind of girl that many would walk through fire for a chance to date in high school. It shouldn't affect his decision at all, this is strictly for our entertainment that I ask this.