Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I've been saying "Doo Dah Doo Doo!" constantly to myself since Sunday, which promptly puts me into a laughing fit. I can't stop.

I love this show, even though I really shouldn't. It's random and pointless and stupid, but goddamit if I can't stop laughing at it.

Jamesman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The new episode is up on The Fix now and I got to say the ending was my favorite part.

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Ah, my second viewing, and the first half still makes me ROFL, tho the later bits aren't as neat to me.

So does Prop 216 allow men to use toilet stalls if they just need to pee? If so, I'm voting against that poo poo, that's for girls!

ataridc
Aug 30, 2005

Okay the newest episode had me choking I was laughing so hard. Plus, Paul Reubans and Michael Cerra. Tim and Eric shows have the best guest stars.

edit: took out the spoilers since it has been mentioned a few times

ataridc fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 24, 2007

Wareheim
Dec 17, 2004
I've heard good things about the Slingers sequel. Maybe I should give Slingers 2: Sling Dingers On Patrol a chance.

Jibba Jabba
Aug 27, 2003

FUTURE
DEAD
PERSON
Tim & Eric did a radio interview on WFMU a few weeks back, which is funny in a different way from the TV show, but still pretty great:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

Listen to the show from Feb 6th. It starts somewhere around the 1 hour mark.

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth
I think one of the factors that makes this show so unique is that it seems to be exactly what Tim and Eric would be doing to entertain themselves even if they had no cameras and no audience. They're not trying to send a message or make a connection with anyone; they're not going to tailor the show to gain popularity or critical acclaim. It's just their own goofy sense of humour on TV once a week.

That's why I could see this show running for longer than TGTTM. When you look at the videos on their website, they only ever made two clips of Tom Goes to the Mayor. The other 95% of their time was spent doing stuff that would be right at home on Awesome Show, Great Job.

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
Jesus that was hilarous. "Why don't you stand like a regular man? Then you can pee in the urinal can."

Also, the moment where Tim turns back from a cat into a man for half a second, mostly naked, screaming in horror was amazing, and the legs thing was a great way to end the episode.

Jordan Hass
Jan 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Sadly Enough, so far, i have been "screamer"ed from each episode of "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!"

But I think they should continue adding more to the title if this gets a second season

"Tim and Eric, Awesome Show, Nice Work, Great Job!

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

I agree with whoever said they're hitting their stride. A lot less three second bits in this one.

Gravy Robbers video was awesome. "Grah-vy".

Tim and Eric have a special way to make food look really...I don't know, unappealingly served.

Biff Rockgroin fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 24, 2007

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

Not watching the new show early since for once I'll get to catch it on time (the first show conflicts with King of the Hill here, the second is at a time when I'm in bed!), but I am excited because I might see them when they come here. Might. We'll see, I hope I have time. It's right when I'm moving though!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-

Jibba Jabba posted:

Tim & Eric did a radio interview on WFMU a few weeks back, which is funny in a different way from the TV show, but still pretty great:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

Listen to the show from Feb 6th. It starts somewhere around the 1 hour mark.

If you listen to the whole show, the first caller is me. I actually ask if T&E are going to be on later, and then Tom (the host) can't remember what the name of the show is.

The interview is crazy, I bet most people didn't have a clue what they were listening to. Most of it is them claiming the opposite of what they actually think, and what the vast majority of the listeners think as well. Very funny.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
haha that was Peewee Herman in a 3 second cameo as the moon

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

I for one was surprised when I saw George Michael on the show.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Tim and Eric have a special way to make food look really...I don't know, unappealingly served.

God drat, what's up with this? It was just as bad in TGTTM. They're obsessed with disgusting buffet food.

And no Brule's Rules or Married News Team this week :(

padijun fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 25, 2007

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I like this show and TGTTM too. Was this what was originally called "Let's Blow up the Moon"? Or was that something else?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
The Kids Break sketch was probably my favorite thing that they've done on this show so far. Just have Eric like breakdancing on the floor in front of the urinal was strangely hilarious to me.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!

GigaPeon posted:

I like this show and TGTTM too. Was this what was originally called "Let's Blow up the Moon"? Or was that something else?

That was a Mr. Show sketch

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

GigaPeon posted:

That's something else, from the creators of Harvey Birdman.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

GigaPeon posted:

Blow Up the Moon is a website which was in turn named after the Mr. Show sketch where they blow up the moon. Besides them working with Bob and other Mr. Show people I haven't heard anything relating them to that phrase though. Maybe at one time they were gonna call something that in tribute but I doubt it.

Edit: Well then I guess there is something else about blowing up the moon that I had just never heard about.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Here Timmy Timmy Timmy Timmy Timmy

Here poopoopoopoopoopoopoopoopoopoo

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax

Waffleopolis posted:

There was so much good music in this episode. I want MP3s on my hard drive titled Kids Break, Poo Poo (Long Version), and My Legs are Long before this week is over god damnit.

Also I'm getting seriously loving depressed that Tim and Eric will be within 15 miles of my house this wednesday and I won't be able to meet them :(

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Waffleopolis posted:

A friend of mine and fellow goon was greatly disturbed by the entire Timkat story, as he imagined Tim being transported to some hellish alternate dimension of pain while the cat was around.

That said, the poopoop song was random, mind-bending, and awesome. I thought they were just going to go on for a minute, with cute shots of the cat. Suddenly stuttering it to music, I did not foresee. A screaming, naked Tim being shat out I *really* did not foresee. :psyduck:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nullasalus posted:

A friend of mine and fellow goon was greatly disturbed by the entire Timkat story, as he imagined Tim being transported to some hellish alternate dimension of pain while the cat was around.

i was thinking this same thing

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

padijun posted:

God drat, what's up with this? It was just as bad in TGTTM. They're obsessed with disgusting buffet food.
I would pay at least $50 to go to a Sauceman's.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Audhumla posted:

I would pay at least $50 to go to a Sauceman's.

Puddins is where it's at :colbert:

Conrad Poohs
Nov 25, 2004

and his Dancing Teeth

padijun posted:

Puddins is where it's at :colbert:
Two words: Gravy Robbers :ninja:

Conrad Poohs fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Feb 26, 2007

Baby Lion King IMAX
May 3, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm pretty sure all the background music in the show is original. Like in the poppy song that was playing during the 'Best Friend' montage, I'm pretty sure one line is "put him in my fridge you silly". :psyduck:

Nullasalus posted:

Exactly. Which, to me, is a perfect explanation of why Tim was so awkward and uncomfortable after transforming back from a cat the first time.

He just wanted to impress his buddy, but some tricks have too high a cost :smith:

Baby Lion King IMAX fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 26, 2007

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
The poop song is pretty catchy. :dance:

I wonder if the morons on the AS boards are bitching about the live action shows, because one of the breaks last night threatened to switch to all prose, white text on black in 15 minutes blocks, with or without music. Anyone who doesn't like this show and Saul just because it's in their precious AS block is dumb. :colbert:

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Conrad Poohs posted:

Two words: Gravy Robbers :ninja:

gently caress YOU, Gravy Robbers!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Also, weird Al and Odenkirk on the next episode.

It looks like Al is trying to grow back his beard in the clip.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I never got into TGTTM because of the animation style. What was the formate of the show? was it the same joke over and over again. how does this relate to Aswsome show. Cause if they are making the same jokes over and over I would get tired of it.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I'm really liking how they keep inserting Bob's original "Great Job!" at random pausing moments each episode so far, it's a nice touch (especially since they're apparently using different voices at the start of each show)

Nullasalus posted:

Well given the setup's sci-fi roots it's natural to assume he was displaced to some torturous minus world for the duration of tranformations

max4me posted:

I never got into TGTTM because of the animation style. What was the formate of the show? was it the same joke over and over again. how does this relate to Aswsome show. Cause if they are making the same jokes over and over I would get tired of it.
you find your frog. him hopkin green frog. did you take frog

Debbie Metallica
Jun 7, 2001

YancyDCjew posted:

I wonder if the morons on the AS boards are bitching about the live action shows, because one of the breaks last night threatened to switch to all prose, white text on black in 15 minutes blocks, with or without music. Anyone who doesn't like this show and Saul just because it's in their precious AS block is dumb. :colbert:

Well they can all stick to watching Smoking Gun and never watch anything else since Smoking Gun isn't live action so it must be good!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Ozma posted:

Well they can all stick to watching Smoking Gun and never watch anything else since Smoking Gun isn't live action so it must be good!

I watched that for the first time last night, what a mess. The only funny part was the vaseline guy flying around his room. But the other two segments? They are "news" stories from 6 months ago, we really don't need puppets acting it out.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I still don't know what to think about Tim & Eric. Both this show and TGTTM can be really hit or miss. But for some reason, I went ahead and bought tickets to their live show at the Croc in Seattle this saturday... I don't know if this is going to suck or not, but I guess $10 a pop isn't too bad. And there is this incredibly tiny bit glimmer of hope in me tbat Odenkirk might be around as well...

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 26, 2007

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

TheDingo posted:

I still don't know what to think about Tim & Eric. Both this show and TGTTM can be really hit or miss. But for some reason, I went ahead and bought tickets to their live show at the Croc in Seattle this saturday... I don't know if this is going to suck or not, but I guess $10 a pop isn't too bad. And there is this incredibly tiny bit glimmer of hope in me tbat Odenkirk might be around as well...

If anything, being in a room full of people laughing makes them funnier. They are INSANE live. You'll have a great time.

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Babylonian posted:

I'm pretty sure all the background music in the show is original. Like in the poppy song that was playing during the 'Best Friend' montage, I'm pretty sure one line is "put him in my fridge you silly". :psyduck:

That song reminded me more of Aqua than Aqua does.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

robot roll call posted:

If anything, being in a room full of people laughing makes them funnier. They are INSANE live. You'll have a great time.

You know, Tim and Eric's schtick seems like it'd really work in a live format, but on TV it just becomes embarassing, somehow. I can easily see myself going to their show if it came to town, but whenever I try to watch the show, I literally cringe.

The long legs segment was pretty funny, though, and I think it works because it's exactly the kind of thing that they couldn't do live. You need TV to make it funny. Most of the other stuff feels like some friends filming their "hilarious" comedy moments without realizing that you had to be there to get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

robot roll call posted:

I'm actually more worried at what weird folks might be showing up...
I told my wife that this is either going to be loving hilarious or loving awful. Either way, sounds like I should show up ready to drink.