Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Has there been a terrorist attack yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Gotta be on the lookout for Charlie Hebdo.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Updated link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNOQWby8R8

Did they really do a few segments live or pre-recorded everything?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

windsor posted:

Updated link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNOQWby8R8

Did they really do a few segments live or pre-recorded everything?

Pretty sure it was actually live. I only saw parts of it, but didn't they have live Twitter polls and stuff?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Diabolik900 posted:

Pretty sure it was actually live. I only saw parts of it, but didn't they have live Twitter polls and stuff?

They did. Obviously the stuff where Gregg goes to the Dolby theater is pre-recorded, but the rest is live.

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Then I find that rather impressive since they clearly had a script and knew when to hit certain points. They must have rehearsed quite a bit.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They've been practicing for like four years :haw:

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
New Decker and Check It Out June 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also someone made this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DEASkU8RS0

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Tim Heidecker has been doing a webshow called "Office Hours" where he just takes Skype calls. Last night I happened to embarrass myself in one of said calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQQ3FR1rmA

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Danzel Glovington posted:

Tim Heidecker has been doing a webshow called "Office Hours" where he just takes Skype calls. Last night I happened to embarrass myself in one of said calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMQQ3FR1rmA

I too wonder if my favourite celebrities play retro video games.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I wake up every morning in a cold sweat and ask myself, "Does Robert Williams...play Castlevania...like me?? No. he's dead. Like me."

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

He might have though, he named his daughter Zelda.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Bloomberg has an article on the history, influence, and business model of Tim & Eric. Includes a few bits from one of the upcoming Check it Out episodes:

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-tim-and-eric-abso-lutely/

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Danzel Glovington posted:

Sounds like your silly follow-up got him pretty good!

Decker season 4 begins soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XELKAaCerps

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It took almost a decade but Steve is finally going to complete his coolest assignment: https://youtu.be/-6PbXybMGxA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love that bit but it always bugs me that he turned around the wrong way.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Decker is amazing with 5 extra dollars for the budget. Love that it kept all the little On Cinema in-jokes too. Brule was excellent as usual, got a huge kick out of them acknowledging the Awesome Show cars bit. Cherry red...

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I love that the 'higher quality' Decker is justified in the larger On Cinema universe.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

I flipped threw the Tim and Eric's Zone Theory: 7 Easy Steps to Achieve a Perfect Life book.

The key to making money is,
1. Slot machines at approved Zone Theory locations only.
2. Lottery tickets.

There's also a whole chapter on cannibalism and another about leaving your family and another chapter talks about combining the two.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 22, 2016

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
I'll be appearing in the pivotal, groundbreaking role of "Waitress" on this week's episode of Decker: Unclassified (S04E02). Here's a picture of us in action together--I'm the one in the plaid, not the one with the gun. I'm honored to have gotten to work side by side with America's greatest hero serving our country (and hungry patrons).

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Did you get to meet the great James Dean?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Diabolik900 posted:

Did you get to meet the great James Dean?

Uggh no he wasn't on set that day! He was working on another show. Musical adaptation of King Lear, I think?

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
Just watched Check it Out S04E01 Cars.

The guy who does the Clam Man edits is pretty much my favorite person in the world. He did not gently caress around this time either haha and I actually felt disturbed for the first time watching this stuff. Well played sir :tipshat:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It takes quite a bit to gross me out, but "Eggs" succeeded.

Pregnant, diseased chickens, slaughtered and put in a can, rotten eggs and shells and bones and all.

I dry heaved along with Dr. Steve.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Pablo Meyer is your friendly neighborhood greengrocer from the soul-less depths of hell. I didn't think they could out-do the grossness of his cream chip beef/corn beef hash combo can, but that chicken/egg combo can was somehow worse. It helped that they actually showed the product, and had Steve eat it. The freeze frame ending of him leaning over to puke one more time was the perfect summation of the episode.

I'm so glad this show's back. Does anyone know if a new episode airs next Friday, or is it taking a week off like Decker?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
It really annoys me that they waste the concept and character of Dr. Steve Brule so often by having him throw up constantly or generally just taking things too far. "Eggs" was too much to the point where it pissed me off. "We know you wanna see this lovable character you like do funny things, but we're just gonna have him gag and puke for 11 minutes."

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004

blinkeve1826 posted:

I'll be appearing in the pivotal, groundbreaking role of "Waitress" on this week's episode of Decker: Unclassified (S04E02). Here's a picture of us in action together--I'm the one in the plaid, not the one with the gun. I'm honored to have gotten to work side by side with America's greatest hero serving our country (and hungry patrons).

Great Job!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Thanks!! I knew it was a central role to the episode so I spent a long time on character development, which I think made all the difference.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

sweetmercifulcrap posted:

It really annoys me that they waste the concept and character of Dr. Steve Brule so often by having him throw up constantly or generally just taking things too far. "Eggs" was too much to the point where it pissed me off. "We know you wanna see this lovable character you like do funny things, but we're just gonna have him gag and puke for 11 minutes."

Otoh I love the barf gags, I don't know what it is but I find vomit really viscerally funny. I thought Eggs was great. I was legit scared by his "dad" as soon as he met him.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love how Check It Out and Decker both respect their own weird continuity. Check It Out acknowledges Awesome Show, and Decker is firmly in the On Cinema universe. The latter is somehow one of the most serialized shows on TV now if you take into account all of On Cinema.

blinkeve1826 posted:

That's really cool. Congratulations.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I really don't dig the gruffer voiced, more mean spirited and perverted Brule. Peak Brule is in the final seasons of Awesome Show and the first season of Check It Out

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

peak brule is the interview he did with his brother, who apparently now runs Check It Out

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I really don't dig the gruffer voiced, more mean spirited and perverted Brule. Peak Brule is in the final seasons of Awesome Show and the first season of Check It Out

I haven't seen any Check It Out as of now.

*watches the "Cars" episode*

Eww. Yeah, this isn't the fun Brule I signed on for.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I love how the continuity of Decker is so bad and obvious that you can tell it's exactly what Tim's On Cinema character would think is clever.

"Do you have any goals Lanoi?"

"I think some day I'd like to open a bar up in my home state of Hawaii, make it look a lot like this one. I'm just worried what will happen if I need to renovate it but can't afford it"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

And now Abdul is suspect from the very first second.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Tim's going to the RNC and DNC with Vic Berger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w58VHpTT9YM

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
If anyone needs to get caught up with Decker or Check It Out!, the shows are available on adultswim.com. The episodes themselves require a cable subscription, but if you expand the Clips link, those are free to stream. The clips cover the episodes entirely.

wretchx fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jul 6, 2016

nitebum
Aug 9, 2005

crazy beard for the win
Thanks for the Clips tip - I needed a Brule fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Brule's taunts of the kids in the spelling bee were great. He has such a weird relationship with people significantly older and significantly younger than him.