Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
They're doing a live tour, it's going all over the place except for DC. I emailed T & E to yell at them, and they said "So go to Philly you ninny! Rats off to ya!" I :love: them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

My name's Spagett, I do parties, and you just take my card, and if you need someone to spook ya-
Tim and Eric Awesome Tour!!!!!!
http://timanderic.com/awesometour.mov
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFP1inJa4FA

Come see us! It's going to be a great show. Live performances, clips from the new show, special surprises, after parties. Holy lord! Get your tix now:

TT the Bear’s – Sunday February 25
Cambridge, MA
https://www.ttthebears.com
Tickets by Phone: (866) 468-7619
Tickets by Web: http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&pl=&eventId=88563

Knitting Factory – Monday February 26
New York, NY
https://www.knittingfactory.com
Tickets by Phone: (866) 468-7619
Tickets by Web:
http://www.ticketweb.com/user/?region=nyc&query=detail&event=706771

Franklin Institute – Tuesday February 27
Philadelphia, PA
https://www.fi.edu

Local 506 – Wednesday February 28
Chapel Hill, NC
https://www.local506.com
Tickets by Phone: (919) 967-9053
Tickets by Web: http://www.etix.com/ticket/servlet/onlineSale?action=selectPerformance&performance_id=533905

Earl – Thursday March 1
Atlanta, GA
https://www.badearl.com
Tickets by Web: http://www.zerotec.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Store_code=ztec001&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ear_07030104

Crocodile Café – Saturday March 3
Seattle, WA
https://www.thecrocodile.com
Tickets by Phone: (866) 468-7623
Tickets by Web:
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail;jsessionid=PQAPGx8ij-XfkEzggbNDMg**.node3?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=94415

Rotture – Sunday March 4
Portland, OR

Rickshaw Stop – Monday March 5
San Francisco, CA
https://www.rickshawstop.com
Tickets by Web:
https://www.virtuous.com/purchase/info/e/3663489721

Echo – Tuesday March 6
Los Angeles, CA
https://www.attheecho.com/
Tickets by Phone: 866-468-3399

Hope to see you all there!

T and E

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I loved this show, and I can't wait to read this thread as it develops where it's half "that was awesome, great job!" and half "this sucks and you are all stupid for finding it funny!"

I heard Tim and Eric on a radio show last week, and they have some awesome guest stars lined up for this season, I hope they're all used as well as Reilly.

Extreme hackysack was my favorite bit last night. :shobon:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Silentman0 posted:

I loved Mr. Show, I loved the Tenacious D Show, I loved Tom Goes to the Mayor, I loved Stella, and now I love Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job.

Funny as hell, loved every minute of it.

Hello friend who loves polarizing TV shows (maybe not Mr. Show). We should start a club.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

This episode was amazing. Dr. Brule is definitely my favorite character, although the "do do DO do" dance guy was pretty great too. "Now think about your dad! Tell me about that dad! What's your dad like? Do do DO do!" Awesome.

Oh, and I made these gifs for some guy's avatar thread, but he didn't end up using any of them so I figured I'd post them here.

Time for a change, I'm going to use the third one, I think. Thanks.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Posting to enjoy my new custom title. The second episode is great, but this is still the best face Eric has made so far.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

Yay! Could this be the beginning of the Tim and Eric avatar army?

...No, probably not.

As a proud member of the Arrested Development Avatar army, I have no hopes of entering a new army. There are two of us now, maybe more from TGGTM. Thanks again for making mine!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I can't stop watching this drat show.

Pierre is my favorite character. :swoon: Smells like meat! Rotten meat!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

agony spire posted:

I found this picture and I can't wait for his channel 5 debut. This kid was great on Arrested Development, I think he would fit in with the show!

This is like two worlds of hilarity colliding. I don't want to watch the youtube vid, for some reason I enjoy the show more on my tv, so I'll patiently wait for the glory.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Jibba Jabba posted:

Tim & Eric did a radio interview on WFMU a few weeks back, which is funny in a different way from the TV show, but still pretty great:

http://wfmu.org/playlists/BS

Listen to the show from Feb 6th. It starts somewhere around the 1 hour mark.

If you listen to the whole show, the first caller is me. I actually ask if T&E are going to be on later, and then Tom (the host) can't remember what the name of the show is.

The interview is crazy, I bet most people didn't have a clue what they were listening to. Most of it is them claiming the opposite of what they actually think, and what the vast majority of the listeners think as well. Very funny.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

The poop song is pretty catchy. :dance:

I wonder if the morons on the AS boards are bitching about the live action shows, because one of the breaks last night threatened to switch to all prose, white text on black in 15 minutes blocks, with or without music. Anyone who doesn't like this show and Saul just because it's in their precious AS block is dumb. :colbert:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Ozma posted:

Well they can all stick to watching Smoking Gun and never watch anything else since Smoking Gun isn't live action so it must be good!

I watched that for the first time last night, what a mess. The only funny part was the vaseline guy flying around his room. But the other two segments? They are "news" stories from 6 months ago, we really don't need puppets acting it out.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

fennec fox posted:

Oh, also,

The best was when the pee goes along the words on the bottom so you can sing along. That skit was amazing.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I thought it was the weakest episode so far, but still has some great moments. Weird Al popping and the training video were both great. This show, along with Saul, easily make my favorite half hour of TV right now.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

S.Cody-kun posted:

The Uncle Muscles Hours' are definitely top shelf. The first episode had the best one because it was the perfect mix of visuals and awkwardness. The grunts of consternation after the music skipped were crazy brilliant. There are a bunch on youtube, including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMsTnSgLEA which is them live on that G4 show and a short interview afterwards where the old man who played Tim's fake dad is speaking for them

Tim's makeup in those skits is horrifying to me for some reason. He looks all bruised and sickly, and when he gets sick it makes me want to puke. Then I laugh when Eric is dancing, and my body is just confused, but happy. :swoon:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

That was a fantastic ep. Probably my favorite so far. Eric working out and Bob O were both hilarious, and T'ird's list of things to do was awesome. Actually, I really dug the sports list too. Maybe I just liked everything. :shobon:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

The commercials for this show are so hilarious when you've already watched the episode. I was cracking up watching Tim walk down the hallway with his pants down after the spiderweb skit.

It's kinda sad I already can't wait for the DVD of this so I can show it to people when they're at my place so I can confirm their suspicion that I have a weird sense of humor.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Dr MegaTaco posted:

Are you serious? Is this a joke? If you guys are seriously trying to say that Spiderwebs was anything like a jackass sketch, even making parody of it, I don't think I even want you watching the show to be honest. I figured it would eventually get too popular and therefore make it unbearable to watch. It's god drat pathetic that we as a society have gotten to a point where when we see something so original, off beat, and creative, that we have to say OH MAN THAT HAS TO BE A PARODY/TRIBUTE/RIP OFF OF SUCH AND SUCH. It just kills me that this generation flocks right to Bam. Even if it's making fun of him. Another show ruined.

:hurr: You're loving stupid. First, it was a parody, everything paralleled Jackass, and I've only seen the movies and a couple episodes of the original show, but it definitely did. It wasn't an homage, it was a parody, most likely with mocking intent.

Second, you don't want other people watching the show? Who gives a gently caress. I think you're taking this a little too seriously.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Dr MegaTaco posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
You blew it!

I feel like this thread has its own mod. :love: Ozma

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Campbell posted:

New episode on the Fix. It's about 70% less awesome than last week, in my opinion.

I respectfully disagree. This episode is freaking awesome. I can't pick what I liked most, Beaver Boys or Tragg's Trough. I'm a sucker for Willard. The new Kidz Break was great, too.

They also brought a guest, and I was not too happy to see him. :(

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Jesus, the woman's legs in the Fitness Made E-Z skit are horrifying. They're some hairy guy's legs with what looks like a wedgie. It needed to be seen on the big screen to be truly appreciated.

That's really an awesome episode.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Great episode, I enjoyed the parade and seeing our old pals quite a bit.

I thought the beatboxing was getting a little lame towards the end, but I think the payoff was worth it. The old man writing room and David Cross were both good too.

The mattress store is on the memorial highway for one T&E's deceased elder employees. :)

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Waffleopolis posted:

SInce it is Tim & Eric, it fits.

Anyone planning on buying the Tom Goes to the Mayor DVD? I though it'd be in volumes, but hearing it's a complete series, I definitely want to get it now.

I've had my preorder for a couple months. Excellent deal for the whole series. I can't wait to watch it again.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

BDawg posted:

They were mocking hiring old people last night (the boom part was good), but the most I got out of the bit was the idea that they show employs any sort of writers at all.

Why are you looking for a point? It's just there to laugh at it. Eric yells, "I hate these old men!" and I laugh, I don't see any reason for a deeper meaning.

If someone told me they didn't like AD or Futurama, besides the obvious slapstick stuff, I'd tell them they probably didn't get it. For this show, though, you're just not into it, and that's okay. v:shobon:v

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Can anyone find the commercial? I didn't get to see it, and I can't find it on youtube, although searching for it gave me this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GzyyOxz4bOE

TiVo has ruined me, I never see commercials and I miss out on stuff like this. :(

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I can't believe it's the 9th episode already. Very different, I loved the ending and Tim & Eric's replacements from a couple eps back reenacting.

The best was Pierre, though. :swoon: He is the greatest!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Jamesman posted:

I just really want Pierre to have his own show. I could watch him obsess over my dad until the end of time.

Mmmm, it just feels so right, children!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Rustie posted:

Just a reminder to everybody that the complete series of Tom Goes to the Mayor is out on dvd today and it's got some great bonus material.

Also, new suicidegirls interview: http://suicidegirls.com/interviews/Tim%20and%20Eric/

Very interesting that John C. Reilly came up with the idea for Steve Brule himself.

:siren:And 30 more episodes!:siren:

That interview posted:

DRE:
Did he have the superhuman strength I always read about with PCP?
Tim:
Yeah. Luckily, he wasn’t wearing his glasses though. I think he could have gotten a better hit on me if he was wearing his glasses. But it was a horrible event in my life. It was a good check-in to make sure you like being alive.
I concur with Tim, I'm glad he missed.

30 more episodes! That's great. They said some are going to be really insane, and some are going to feel like the first 10. I can't believe they made so few this time around, I really look forward to the new eps now. But that's okay, AS seems to trust them and they're going to be able to make a lot more.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

TGttM DVD just arrived! :woop: I will post my impressions later, I think I'm going to have a marathon for myself right now.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Hannibal Smith posted:

This is seriously one of the best pieces of news in awhile.

Also, the Tom DVDs are awesome. Haven't checked out any of the special features yet, but I'm really enjoying just rewatching the series.

I did the opposite, I watched all the extras, they're funny as hell. The celeb one is really great. Probably start on the commentaries tonight.

Working in T&E's office looks like it would be hilarious for a couple days, and then maddening because THEY NEVER STOP.

The features are worth watching just for Triple Surprise.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Wow, that was awesome. Every time I think I have a favorite episode, it gets topped. While I still think Beaver Boys is my favorite single skit, this episode was the best overall. I love that Weird Al was Uncle Muscles, and the dance off was pretty sweet.

Brule's Rules was great, as always, his delivery was perfect. They froze the frame before he finished talking, too.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I remember seeing Joy in the extras, and I think it was a woman. Problem is, it could also be that guy in a wig. Ew.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Babylonian posted:

Hopefully this helps with figuring out how many episodes are left. From the Fix:

It's also worth noting that this episode's fan rating is way way higher than normal.

And one of my friends pointed out to me how awesome thirty episodes really is. They could show a new episode every day for a whole month if they wanted to! :swoon:

Last week said 109, so I dunno. From the weekly email blasts they send out, Hamburger was the 9th episode, so next week is it. :cry:

The TGttM DVD was most tolerable in the Onion AV Club this week. It said never has a whole series that clocks in under 3 hours felt so complete. I think that might be a backhanded compliment. Sweet!

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Yay, I finally get to say it. New ep is up, the Fix has Dr. Brule in the little preview window.

edit: Holy poo poo, the ending is a cliffhanger.

Brule was brilliant, as always, and Nights with Tim Heidecker is insane. Can't wait for next season!

YancyDCjew fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 13, 2007

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

The big announcement is that they got picked up for 30 more episodes. We already knew that, though, oh well. Why did they have to go spoil themselves in that interviews? Jerks!

They're also rebroadcasting the show starting April 29th.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I was watching the commentaries for TGttM last night, and the episode 'Vehicular Manslaughter' has Joy talking to a guy online played by the guy who plays her. And looking at him, it's definitely the raise the roof guy from episode 9. :barf:

They used to do open casting calls, and the ads would say 'fat, balding, funny looking.' They also make their interns go onto the street and hand out casting calls to ugly people in LA. I wonder if that's how they got my man Pierre. :swoon:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Keep the stories coming, whatever you think is funny or interesting.

I have a question, too. I reply to their weekly emails once in a while, and I always get an answer. Who's writing me back? In my heart, I hope it's Tim or Eric, and will probably continue to believe it no matter what you say. :swoon:

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

Where's my thread necromancy? There's my thread necromancy!

They finally put up a webcast of the Awesome Tour on the fix, it's short but has some funny stuff. The only problem is, there's a loving idiot in the audience who keeps yelling "Great job!" Clever.

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

I've been busy, and I finally just sat and watched all the videos. Absolutely amazing. I like the shrug Tim gives at the end of the AOTS clip when Kevin says something about the show.

Rocco, I thought those Miis were pretty funny, I didn't expect a Mega64 connection, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YancyDCjew
Feb 28, 2002

SHRRRIIIMMPPPP

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of these and using them for a Halloween costume.

http://timanderic.com/store/index.html