Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
the only time TGTTM was particularly funny was when Bob Odenkirk made brief appearances as some kind of lost Mr.Show sketches. If this show can stick to that liek the trailer it may not be bad at all

These guys are obssessed with ugly and deformed people for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

haha the second episode was a little better than the first. the dance video was great

they really have to ditch the deformed baby though, that poo poo isn't funny. not because it's offensive or anything, just because it's devoid of humor

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 17, 2007

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

zero democracy posted:

It's so nice of a big star like John C Reilly to play russian roulette with his career by playing a completely spastic retard like Dr. Steve Brule. :shobon:
have you even seen boogie nights?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

haha that was Peewee Herman in a 3 second cameo as the moon

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I'm really liking how they keep inserting Bob's original "Great Job!" at random pausing moments each episode so far, it's a nice touch (especially since they're apparently using different voices at the start of each show)

Nullasalus posted:

A friend of mine and fellow goon was greatly disturbed by the entire Timkat story, as he imagined Tim being transported to some hellish alternate dimension of pain while the cat was around.
Well given the setup's sci-fi roots it's natural to assume he was displaced to some torturous minus world for the duration of tranformations

max4me posted:

I never got into TGTTM because of the animation style. What was the formate of the show? was it the same joke over and over again. how does this relate to Aswsome show. Cause if they are making the same jokes over and over I would get tired of it.
you find your frog. him hopkin green frog. did you take frog

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

the fix suddenly isn't working for me anymore. it says it's loading after the click, but then it just stops and goes back to "select a show to view". is something hosed or is it just laggy sometimes

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The Uncle Muscles Hours' are definitely top shelf. The first episode had the best one because it was the perfect mix of visuals and awkwardness. The grunts of consternation after the music skipped were crazy brilliant. There are a bunch on youtube, including http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIMsTnSgLEA which is them live on that G4 show and a short interview afterwards where the old man who played Tim's fake dad is speaking for them

Scoobi posted:

"LOVE YA STEVE" "LOVE YA MIKE"
"LOVE YA STEVE

"I LOVE YA MIKE"
"I LOVE YA STEVE I WISH YOU THE BEST"

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Stalwart Humdinger posted:

Kind of like Tim's stand-up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9F0svqEtw4

It took me a second to get that too. He's really good at pretending to be a terrible comedian.
the best part about this is that it's like 10000x less awkward than flying squid's standup where there were no layers of metahumor whatsoever

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

t'ird and "SPORTS" were great but the rest of the episode was kind of really bad. Not a good stylistic departure

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Mike_V posted:

The climax of the office scene was probably my favorite part. The other actor's timing was just so perfect.

Also, gently caress the Fix. I'm lucky if I can get an episode to play since it will sit at either buffering 0% or "Loading."
Yeah I have this exact same problem. They did something with those faggy interstitial commercials that fucks it like 95% of the time. From a valuable TV resource to useless crap!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Babylonian posted:

I have absolutely no trouble watching the Fix so I have no idea what you guys are complaining about. v:)v It's about a thousand times the resolution of YouTube and for me loads much faster.
because due to hosed up coding, it doesn't load at all for some people. Not too complicated!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

were we supposed to recognize that guy on the beach with the fanny pack? also, who was the guy asking about storage on the informercial, his voice sounds really familiar but I can't place it

that guy Billy Crystals cracks me up every time

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

livingfruitvirus posted:

That was Ron Lynch.

who is ron lynch

oh poo poo it's Mr. Lynch from Home Movies. There we go

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 17, 2007

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Biff Rockgroin posted:

I'm not seeing anything, and I don't have a vivid imagination.

haha yeah i forgot to mention that, seems like someting that would be censored

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

television is no place for mary jane rottencrotch

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

the appearances of Will Forte and David Cross were really good, it's too bad more wasn't done with them

reappearances by Pierre and John C Reilly during the parade will make your heart smile~

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

haha yeah i forgot to mention how hilarious the bank computer interlude was. his initial reaction when there's only a 'yes' button was classic

your wife's name is Taargüs Taargüs

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Tatet posted:

The announcer is the voice of Spongebob, if I can recall correctly. He was also in The Mr. Show with bob & dave, so I'm guessing it's him. I mean...it looks just like him.
It was definitely Tom Kenny, "glurg" or whatever was definitely a parody of spongebob

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

ok seriously what's the trick to get the lovely fix player to work? the "spam the lovely button" over and over method isn't working this week

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Mike_V posted:

I just keep pressing the first clip at the bottom but it always plays the second part first (if it plays at all) so I usually have to end up watching them out of order. I don't know why they still haven't fixed it.
No, that's what I always do (you have to to get the piece of poo poo to work at all). It ain't workin this week

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Ok it finally worked. This episode was loving brilliant and the CYE music from nowhere was an awesome touch

unfortunately predicated another stupid appearance of "chippy" when I saw the claw game, but at least it was a classic "Great Job!" moment

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I watched that Poolside Chats with Neil Hamburger when he had Tim & Eric on and it was a delightful mix of terrible and hilarious. Tim & Eric being minimal and blase the whole time, 14 year old internet using faggots calling in and screaming anime catchphrases and how much they hate tim and eric and getting repeatedly called human garbage by Hamburger was a good synergy for entertainment

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

USE MY CLOWWWWWWWNS!!! SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASASSASASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Just start spitting out good stories, I don't think anyone would complain dude

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Babylonian posted:

There's actually eight videos. From the newsletter this afternoon:

I don't know how or why they're doing this but I love it. My favorites are David Leibe Hart, Shrek Mobile Phone Advice, and Conversations about Shrek.
YOU SHOULD SEE THAT NEW MOVIE STHREAT, IT IS F-F-MARVULOUS!

this is some top shelf satire

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 18, 2007

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

nenelightangel89 posted:

I dismissed this show just like I do everything else on Adult Swim but I just saw the shrek vids and I want to see more of this show now
i told you. i told, you!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Rocco posted:

Shameless plug: The Casey and his brother Mii characters that Tim and Eric are showing in their latest email newsletter were from me (but were actually made by another guy in the Mega64 crew, Garrett Hunter).
got an JPEG image?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

root posted:

And this which is... :arghfist::confused:
like scorpion wasnt a big enough human being already

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

the best part about that guy is that it's initially hard to tell if his fly was open on purpose

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

that season 2 clip was loving top notch poo poo, this bodes well for the show

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Oct 14, 2007

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

This episode had some killer poo poo in it. However, James Quall isn't funny at all, and it kind of killed the buzz. That sucks

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Rustie posted:

People don't like Quall?

I think he's a loving hilarious addition to the show. His Michael Jackson impression is so funny to me. I guess I can see why people don't like him, but it's in the same way I see how people can not like every aspect of the show.
It's not even that. It's that it was uninspired by their own standard. They've done a lot of misfits being themselves and bungling simple things, the difference there is that they've all had decent, lasting hooks established so far. Quall's hook appears to be that he is a lousy Charles Nelson Reilly impersonator who wears women's makeup.

I'm not saying it had no potential, it was just a lousy debut.

TheRationalRedditor fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 19, 2007

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

So did they actually kill Casey, or was it just an episode joke outside the realm of awesome show continuity? Or will he only be seen again in archived footage? :iiam:

I'm betting on the latter because there's no way they can kill Richard Dunn off as himself

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Hannibal Smith posted:

Richard Dunn's already dead, based on the memorial freeway named after him. Not to mention the fact that Tim's already dead from limp-lip.

Somehow I doubt this show cares too much about continuity.
Of course they don't. That's the whole reason I'm trying to puzzle out what will be seen in the near future

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Spagett is especially hilarious because it posits tim as some kind of carictural italian leprehaun when he hops out but it quickly becomes apparent he is just an american

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

This episode was great. Vintage Brule, Baseball Man rules and just well paced.

Minus Ooh Mama and Sit on You, that is. That poo poo sucks, experiment failed guys :O(

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I'm really glad they've been using the original superior "Great Job!" sound bite every episode this season. It's the best.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

The IP blocking thing finally explains why I had so much trouble getting the videos to start in the past (like 100 clicks on the loving chapters and it would finally go) but I haven't gotten that again since and I'm still a canadian IP. Strange

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

holy poo poo this episode is a loving RAMPAGE. I can't believe how much poo poo they nailed. This is peak material-level Mr. Show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

the cellphone exit is absolutely brilliant