Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Yaos posted:

Let's tell Lucas Arts we need a new Star Wars space game. Something like Privateer will do.

Don't worry, I'm going to email them this thread when we finish all 12 campaigns :cool:

Anyway!

KarmaEnforcer posted:

It depends. If Alpha has carried out their mission, then it's time to re-arm. Otherwise, we obviously need to engage the A-wings and show them who the miggity-mack-daddy is.

"TIE Fighter group Alpha has been destroyed"
Mission Accomplished!

So, that means lets call over Tug Deco for some more space bombs.

"Orders recieved!" They are on their way, but they better hurry. Beta 3 just bit it.

We are reloading, but I think we better move out pretty quick :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
after reloading, bomb the engines and then race to the rebel alliance A wings! For the empire you must!

Tripred
Nov 25, 2004

Deals in quack, not opinion.
Call for reinforcements!

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Tripred posted:

Call for reinforcements!

You lose points for that. :argh:

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer
Make sure to inspect the Tug. It could be full of contraband and/or rebel officers.

Angry Weatherman
Jun 8, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Blow up your ship and eject into space.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Fly into the frigate Jihad style for Allah.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

KarmaEnforcer posted:

Make sure to inspect the Tug. It could be full of contraband and/or rebel officers.

Good idea.

"Good Job..Beta 1..Secret Secondary Bonus Mission Completed!"

Naw, man, that's just Steve in there.

Steve posted:

:whatup:

he's just chillin :)

Tripred posted:

Call for reinforcements!
Finally! This is hard!

So I press Shift+R and confirm. And what do we get?

welp

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

jack up your shield generator, you're gonna need it

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

do a barrel roll

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

this is just about the best lets play ever

use your space bombs to take out the a-wings, i bet a single bomb could kill one in one hit. oh yeah you'll need to shoot out the a-wings engines first.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Well, I inspected the TIE Defender and found Contraband and Imperials, so I guess I can let that one go.

"Great Job..Beta 1..Super Secret Secondary Bonus Mission Objective completed!"

:crossarms:

Well, lets see how he helps out...

drat, that was fast!

"Great Job..Beta 1..Primary Objective completed!"
Sweet, now even if we explode, we can still win the mission. Lets score some bonus points.

Mr. Peepers posted:

use your space bombs to take out the a-wings, i bet a single bomb could kill one in one hit. oh yeah you'll need to shoot out the a-wings engines first.
Ahahahaha, great idea, lets try it.

Ahhaahha, that was awesome, good jo

:argh:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

When I played Tie Fighter you could target the engines but the one person fighters would blow up when the engines go out, or they blow up before they can. I don't think this is real. :argh:

Edit: Turn on invincibility and infinite ammo. There's a cheat menu in the game for this. This should tell everybody how difficult flying in a ship that can take 6 regular laser shots is. Tie Fighters only take 2.

Tripred
Nov 25, 2004

Neb777 posted:

:argh:

:patriot: 2/5 never forget

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
More updates coming tonight, my monitor is running out of the color gray

HicRic
Dec 4, 2006
To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity.
Those mspaints are really bringing back the nostalgia...good old TIE fighter. It needs more PEW PEW lasers though.

TIE fighter also proves all consoles suck. :argh: I don't see your beloved wiistation360 with any games that let you inspect lots of grey cargo containers!

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Aaaand, we're back.

Well, we survived the impact, thanks to outer space eject seats :haw: and Imperial Grade Bacta!

We gotta work out more

Anyway, due to our awesome skillz at flying, we've been inducted into the highly secretive Order of the Emperor. Maybe we'll finally be noticed by that hot chick from earlier :q:

:raise: Because that giant glowing purple thing on my arm isn't obvious at all.

Well, its time to get our breifing for our next mission:

"You will fly a TIE Fighter designated as Alpha 1. You will have one wingman. I understand that 2 man squadrons seems a bit unusual to you, but we're going to do this for the rest of the game anyway."

"You will fly a patrol around the space station DC-12. Go back and forth from the station and the nav-bouy for approximately an hour."

"Engage any rebel craft that arrive in the area (there will be about 30 waves of them). Unfortunately, the rebels don't seem so keen on adopting our 2 man squadron idea."

"We're also arming your TIE Fighter with Advanced Concussion missiles. Each of these singularly are more expensive than an entire squadron of TIE Fighters, so try to use them before you inevitabley get killed by one of those shuttles with a rear mounted turret."

Fantastic.

Well, should we launch now? Talk to our CO about this? Find that shadowy figure again?

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!

Nebalebadingdong fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 6, 2007

KarmaEnforcer
Aug 7, 2000

Cylon Sympathizer
Ask the shadowy dude if it's true about the razor blades thing.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
find the shadowy figure again and beat him until he is dead.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
go to a parlor and have your tattoo completed itll save you days of hard work trust me (the emporer wont notice)

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Ka0 posted:

go to a parlor and have your tattoo completed itll save you days of hard work trust me (the emporer wont notice)

Well, there's no tattoo parlor on our Star Destroyer, but I happen to have this fancy Magenta Highlighter :v:

I can't remember what the full mark looks like :downs:. That's okay, that fancy tattoo will command some respect...

Now, about that shadowy figure...

KarmaEnforcer posted:

Ask the shadowy dude if it's true about the razor blades thing.

"Hey there sweet stuff! :love:"
Officer Questions:
1) "How may I serve the emperor?"
2) "Is the urban legend about vaginal razors true?" [Selected]

Response:
"There's only one way to find out, hot shot!"

I guess that means she doesn't know? :confused:

Axe-man posted:

find the shadowy figure again and beat him until he is dead.

...I don't feel so good about this guys. I think I hear the CO coming :(

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
SREVE THE EMPREOR

ABOVE ALL

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Take off your flight suit and put the body in it, then disguise yourself in the robes. Quick before anyone sees! Also, tell him that the pilot is being a pussy and needs to be physically placed into the TIE.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Take over the Empire and replace all unshielded aircraft with planes from WW2; but the planes can fly in space. Those planes have better shooting power and can take more than two shots from a laser.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Yaos posted:

Take over the Empire and replace all unshielded aircraft with planes from WW2; but the planes can fly in space. Those planes have better shooting power and can take more than two shots from a laser.

IMMERSION RUINED

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Neb777 posted:

IMMERSION RUINED

Why is our technology better than the Empires? Why can't they target things more than a kilometer away? Why do they use LASERS OR PLASMA EQUIVALENTS as their main weapons? Why are the missiles so slow?

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Yaos posted:

Why is our technology better than the Empires? Why can't they target things more than a kilometer away?

its a space kilometer okay?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Neb777 posted:

its a space kilometer okay?

That reminds me, why can the space ships only go as fast as a jet plane coming in for a landing? The fastest ship could only go was around 333. I don't know what unit that is in but it took a lot longer than 3 seconds a while to go one kilometer so it's not meters per second.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Yaos posted:

That reminds me, why can the space ships only go as fast as a jet plane coming in for a landing? The fastest ship could only go was around 333. I don't know what unit that is in but it took a lot longer than 3 seconds a while to go one kilometer so it's not meters per second.

the force

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

Axe-man posted:

the force

The force sure sounds a lot like the speed limit of the universe.

Tripred
Nov 25, 2004

Yaos posted:

The force sure sounds a lot like the speed limit of the universe.

And those loving Jedi are the traffic cops. :argh:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Mr. Pumroy posted:

Take off your flight suit and put the body in it, then disguise yourself in the robes. Quick before anyone sees! Also, tell him that the pilot is being a pussy and needs to be physically placed into the TIE.

That's a pretty terrible idea. You can't fly TIE fighters without a spacesuit :mad:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Neb777 posted:

That's a pretty terrible idea. You can't fly TIE fighters without a spacesuit :mad:

Say that the shadowy figure was a rebel spy and you killed her for the empire, then do a dance on her body, signing the imperial national anthem.

Serialize
Sep 14, 2004

Puff, puff, pass

Mr The Icon posted:

unsubscribed.

subscribed, because you won't be here anymore :)

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
I'm pretty sure this is the best lets play ever

Serialize
Sep 14, 2004

Puff, puff, pass
yeah, easily. I haven't played this game for years, but every single little joke hits home in a really serious way, it reminds me of when I got raped by my stepdad while playing it :(

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
the guy who came up with the idea for this game must have been a genius. maybe next they can make a game where you play as a goomba, or a headcrab.

Chief Rebel Angel
Apr 10, 2003

by Fragmaster

Pau posted:

do a barrel roll

wrong

the answer is clearly to use the boost to get through

:colbert:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Chief Rebel Angel posted:

the answer is clearly to use the boost to get through

:colbert:

Finally, an answer I can get behind!

Minigame: Tilt your monitor left, right, up, or down to make George Lucas reach the TIE Fighter to start the next mission. Remember to avoid your CO since you killed a Hooker of the Emperor, and bonus points if you can grab the ice cream in thirty seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr The Icon
Apr 22, 2004

Deals in fact, not opinion.

Serialize posted:

yeah, easily. I haven't played this game for years, but every single little joke hits home in a really serious way, it reminds me of when I got raped by my stepdad while playing it :(

Resubscribed for cutting-edge rape humor.