Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

A week has 168 hours. You spend 56 of those hours sleeping. You spend another 40 hours at work, at least. Say you have 72 hours of "free" time left. You are spending more than a quarter of this on WoW. If you have NO other hobbies or interests, this might work. OTOH, if you have no other hobbies or interests, you will be the most boring man alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Anaphora posted:

loving AMEN to that. A guy reading this thread just told me that if he ever begins playing WoW, I should punch him repeatedly in the face and then set fire to the game and make him watch it burn.

Jesus christ people, it's a game, not heroin. A person with some self control and time management skills can play it without the game ruining his life.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

Mayor Wilkins posted:

But if I drank forty hours a week to the point where I never left the apartment and I never hung out with friends or returned phone calls and I called in sick to work so that I could spend the day drinking and I chased off a wonderful girlfriend because she interfered with my daily drinking binges, I'm ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN people would just laugh and say "ah ha ha, that crazy guy and his DRINKING HOBBY, don't be so hard on him!"

I'm just saying that you can play WoW casually without turning into a poopsocking unwashed lump of human excrement. I think some people are overreacting to WoW in general. I agree that the OP specifically is putting an insane amount of time into WoW.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

mistaya posted:

You cannot compare it to stamp collecting or another solo hobby. Wow raiding is a team sport.

People like you are why normal people can't go online and play a silly game with moo-cows and squid-people with their friends.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

angelicism posted:

Blood elves are so much prettier than night elves. :argh:

Racist!