Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Deer_fire
Jul 30, 2003
I've been in almost this exact situation, so I (kind of) understand where you are coming from. I was in the top horde guild on my server, and for a portion of time it was the top guild on the server. We raided 5-6 nights a week; usually they only lasted 4 or so hours but sometimes there would be marathons. I was a part of that guild for probably about a year, and I played EQ at the same level for at least two and a half, so it's not like I have just a small taste.

The guy I was in a relationship with was completely fine with it, but I wasn't. I didn't need to spend every moment with him, but I felt like the time I was raiding was cutting into the time I actually did want to spend with him, if that makes any sense.

Who is the one that's feeling bad because you spend so much time on WoW? Is it only her making you feel that way, or do you feel bad because you want to spend time with her but you also feel a want to help your guild? If it's the former then she probably needs to chill out, as long as you do spend a respectable amount of time with her. If, however, you sit down to play and realize halfway through a raid, "wow, I'd much rather be with my girlfriend," you should really do that, it's much more rewarding on a personal level in the long run.

If you're so worried about dropping WoW and picking up something to fill the void, don't be. I recently quit and while I really haven't picked up anything overly productive (I've started going to the gym more often, but I could have done that while playing WoW), but the stuff I use to fill that time void are much less addictive. You may end up spending 4 hours watching TV or browsing the web instead of playing WoW, but let me tell you, it's about a million times easier to pull yourself away from those activities than it is to do the same thing with WoW.

Deer_fire fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 16, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU