Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos
There will always be something better on the horizon. Welcome to Buyers Remorse land. :) Seriously, if you have the funds to do it now, why not enjoy 1080p today rather than tomorrow? However before you answer that question, let me ask you another-- what 1080p sources do you have now and what 1080p sources will you buy before next year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pastis
Aug 1, 2004

Ouzo is for louzos

caiman posted:

Right now I have nothing, but as soon as I get the new TV, I will be getting an upconverting/region free player ( probably this one ). And I'll probably get an HD player as well. I'm hoping if I wait a while there might be a decent priced double format player, since I don't want to risk buying a $600 paperweight.

Ah, I thought I recognized your username. I posted in that thread, too, for what it's worth. Anyway, I think you will probably find a *reasonably* priced universal player in the next 6 months, but don't take that as gospel. I'm just guessing here.

What 1080p tv models are you considering?

• Locked thread