Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

OK, i've posted this before but never got an answer.

I heard this song on the radio sometime around 2000-2001. It had a punk poppish kind of sound. Think Nerf Herder or blink 182 or something along those lines. I know it had some lines about watching Party of five and hating Scott Wolf.

I know it's not much to go on, but i don't know who sang this song or what it was called. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I remember this too, I want to say it was American Hi-Fi or something but a search comes up empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MriyaOfFailure
Feb 1, 2006

by Fistgrrl
In the first seen in Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj on the airplane, Taj and the blonde headed girl go into the bathroom where he pours hot sauce on himself and she licks it off, in the back round there is a rap song playing which is not on the soundtrack. I've searched for it everywhere and I cannot seem to find it, It says" slow it down now back it up, now back it up" but I can't find lyrics for that anywhere. Anyway, if someone could help me track down this song it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

riveted
Mar 9, 2006

I heard this song on the radio a few days ago, it sounded electronic/experimental of some sort, with distorted vocals in some foreign language, maybe German. I'm quite interested to know who the artist is. Can anyone help?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm looking for a totally cheesy 80's(?) instrumental saxophone ballad. It's an incredibly famous song - everyone knows it. But without lyrics a Google search turns up five-billion smooth jazz songs when searching.

The memorable portion of the song is comprised of the saxophone riff, punctuated by this electronic sounding "peuuuuuu".

Here's how it sounds in my head:

"Fri nih nig, fri dih fri ne ig, fri neh neh feh der feuh der diaiaiaiaig, peuuuuu!"

Ratama
Mar 8, 2005
Kuwabara Kuwabara
Anyone have any guesses on the song used in this fanmade promo for the Ultimate Predators show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6dB81qLyAI

Hope it's possible to derive it from the Youtube link, I apologize if the use of it is frowned upon. Thanks in advance!

Hi-Lite
Jun 18, 2005
Dont circle, use a fucking hi-liter.

anal disco posted:

I heard this song on the radio a few days ago, it sounded electronic/experimental of some sort, with distorted vocals in some foreign language, maybe German. I'm quite interested to know who the artist is. Can anyone help?

Could possibly be Kraftwerk.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Chinaski posted:

I'm looking for a totally cheesy 80's(?) instrumental saxophone ballad. It's an incredibly famous song - everyone knows it. But without lyrics a Google search turns up five-billion smooth jazz songs when searching.

The memorable portion of the song is comprised of the saxophone riff, punctuated by this electronic sounding "peuuuuuu".

Here's how it sounds in my head:

"Fri nih nig, fri dih fri ne ig, fri neh neh feh der feuh der diaiaiaiaig, peuuuuu!"
Though i can't really put the riff to your version, the rest of the description makes me think it's Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

edit: wait, Baker Street isn't instrumental. But try it anyway!

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Apr 10, 2007

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Wallrod posted:

Though i can't really put the riff to your version, the rest of the description makes me think it's Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

edit: wait, Baker Street isn't instrumental. But try it anyway!

Unfortunately it's not Baker Street but thank you just the same. I understand my description leaves a little too much to the imagination. If I could find my microphone I'd sing a lovely version :)

imav
Dec 30, 2005

it means delicious!
http://fbaew.net/wtf.mp3. All I know about it is that it was the music to some breakdancing video on the internet, but I'm sure that doesn't help. I must know the name of this song!

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!
That's Pigbag, "Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag".

Also known as the "NewMusic" theme :canada:

The Polish Pirate
Apr 4, 2005

How many Polacks does it take to captain a pirate ship? One.

Saint Jimmy posted:

OK, i've posted this before but never got an answer.

I heard this song on the radio sometime around 2000-2001. It had a punk poppish kind of sound. Think Nerf Herder or blink 182 or something along those lines. I know it had some lines about watching Party of five and hating Scott Wolf.

I know it's not much to go on, but i don't know who sang this song or what it was called. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The only song from that time that was on the radio with lyrics about Party of Five that I can remember was The Bloodhound Gang - "Mope".

Bloodhound Gang posted:

Buggin' out like Tori Spelling's eyes
Deader than the parents on a "Party of Five"

The album that it's on "Hooray For Boobies" came out in 2000.
http://thatvideosite.com/video/2089

Tree Limbz
Dec 8, 2004

I am not a fucking hippie, god damnit.
NMD Classical listeners, what Bach composition is the song "Peace Planet" by Ekseption based on (Also the sample in Busdriver's "Imaginary Places")?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlAY6jBK0Ag

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007
It's from Suite #2 In B Minor. I think it's the Badinerie section.

For the record, I had never even heard of or seen that group you just linked and it's REALLY loving cool, too. Thanks for that.

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

The Polish Pirate posted:

The only song from that time that was on the radio with lyrics about Party of Five that I can remember was The Bloodhound Gang - "Mope".

The album that it's on "Hooray For Boobies" came out in 2000.
http://thatvideosite.com/video/2089

Not it. Thanks though. Finding this song is like nailing Jello to a wall.

Tree Limbz
Dec 8, 2004

I am not a fucking hippie, god damnit.

Lil Danzig posted:

It's from Suite #2 In B Minor. I think it's the Badinerie section.

For the record, I had never even heard of or seen that group you just linked and it's REALLY loving cool, too. Thanks for that.

Thank you, you are awesome. Also Ekseption is awesome. Glad you like them.

Huckabee Sting
Oct 2, 2006

A stolen King, a burning ego, and a gas station katana.
I'm at a loss with this one. Everytime I hear the Postal Sevice "Such Great Heights" cover by Bens Folds, it reminds me of a song from some time in the late 90's I believe. The vocalsit was a male with a high pitch voice. The only part I remember was the line "Never want to be left out". It is seriously pissing me off. Help me please you beautiful people.

Ninja edit: this is the ben folds song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4v8X_Zi-xY

The one I am thinking of has the same tempo and sound of the lyrics are almost the same. Each new line starts higher pitch then the rest of the song. Hope this helps.

Huckabee Sting fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 15, 2007

nikto
Feb 5, 2002

!Lupus
I'd like to know what song the "purple" is from on the audio track on this YTMND:

http://remix4.ytmnd.com/

The site cites the audio is a mashup of Big Joe and Blackalicious, but can't find it from either.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
This song was on an industrial mix show about 10 years back. I taped it on cassette and I really like it but could never find the artist:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26422002/unknown.wav

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Secks posted:

This song was on an industrial mix show about 10 years back. I taped it on cassette and I really like it but could never find the artist:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26422002/unknown.wav

Not sure of the song, but it sounds an awful lot like Meat Beat Manifesto.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

nikto posted:

I'd like to know what song the "purple" is from on the audio track on this YTMND:

http://remix4.ytmnd.com/

The site cites the audio is a mashup of Big Joe and Blackalicious, but can't find it from either.

The "Dee da dadda" part and the piano riff is from a Blackalicious track from their album "Nia" called "Deception" -- it's a great story song, the hook is "Don't Let Money Change Ya", if that helps you find it.

Have no idea what the vocal track is from, though.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Ok this song has been driving me nuts for weeks. For the past week or so I was especially frustrated because I forgot how the song went completely, and all I knew was there was a song I couldn't figure out what it was. Then tonight I suddenly remembered things.

its kind of a folky classic rock song, they play it on classic rock stations quite a bit. Male singer(s?).

lyrics-wise, I'm sure these are probably no where close to how it actually goes, but its what I remember in my head (the chorus):

"lady, what you want to do,
blah blah blah so in love with you,
blah blah leave for a moment if i choose"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Ok this song has been driving me nuts for weeks. For the past week or so I was especially frustrated because I forgot how the song went completely, and all I knew was there was a song I couldn't figure out what it was. Then tonight I suddenly remembered things.

its kind of a folky classic rock song, they play it on classic rock stations quite a bit. Male singer(s?).

lyrics-wise, I'm sure these are probably no where close to how it actually goes, but its what I remember in my head (the chorus):

"lady, what you want to do,
blah blah blah so in love with you,
blah blah leave for a moment if i choose"

Pure Prairie League - Amy?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

Not sure of the song, but it sounds an awful lot like Meat Beat Manifesto.

I'm not sure. I have a couple of their albums [and I know they have a lot more out] so I guess I could search through some lyrics or something to see if anything looks familiar. This specific recording was sandwiched in a mix between Think Tank's "Anticipatory Retaliation" and Rev Co's "We Shall Cleanse The World" so a couple beats and effects might come from them.

I hate that. I can't even really make out any lyrics to google :mad:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

FitFortDanga posted:

Pure Prairie League - Amy?

thats it. thanks!

edit: wow hahaha i was way off with the lyrics

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 18, 2007

Nitz
Aug 30, 2003

by Fragmaster
okay, there was a song on "Daria" back when i was in high school and I've been trying to figure out what it was. It was a rock band and the only lyrics i remember were "starin' down the barrel of a gun, son of a gun"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nitz posted:

okay, there was a song on "Daria" back when i was in high school and I've been trying to figure out what it was. It was a rock band and the only lyrics i remember were "starin' down the barrel of a gun, son of a gun"

probably Beastie Boys - Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

probably Beastie Boys - Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun

I think Anthrax covered it too.

expunge
Jul 24, 2004
I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.
Okay I'm starting to go crazy looking for who sings this song. I don't even know the words except for a rythm she does with her voice and I've seen the video. It's a good looking brunette chick that is singing in a house that is furnished with odd furniture.

she does her lines and the goes "ah ah ah ah ahhhhhheeeeaaaeeeeaaahhh ah ah ah ah ahhhheeeeeeeaaaaaeeeeahhh"

I was at the Claim Jumper and they were playing the song. I know I've heard it before and have seen the video. I also know that's the most obscure line of a song to remember but my kiddo loved the song and I want to try and find it.

*edit*

It's also fairly new, like in the last 5 months or so.

Oceakin
May 13, 2004

Cowabunga Bitches!

expunge posted:

Okay I'm starting to go crazy looking for who sings this song. I don't even know the words except for a rythm she does with her voice and I've seen the video. It's a good looking brunette chick that is singing in a house that is furnished with odd furniture.

I was trying to figure this out for you this morning but I'm stumped. Is it a pop song?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

expunge posted:

she does her lines and the goes "ah ah ah ah ahhhhhheeeeaaaeeeeaaahhh ah ah ah ah ahhhheeeeeeeaaaaaeeeeahhh"

I was at the Claim Jumper and they were playing the song. I know I've heard it before and have seen the video. I also know that's the most obscure line of a song to remember but my kiddo loved the song and I want to try and find it.

*edit*

It's also fairly new, like in the last 5 months or so.

I'm going to take a guess at 'Fidelity' by Regina Spektor.

imav
Dec 30, 2005

it means delicious!

Aulus posted:

That's Pigbag, "Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag".

Also known as the "NewMusic" theme :canada:

Hey, thanks a lot!

deadking
Apr 13, 2006

Hello? Charlemagne?!
Whats the name of that Ska song that plays in the beginning of Shawn of the Dead? I've heard it other places before, and I think its a classic Ska song, but I can't find its name.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

deadking posted:

Whats the name of that Ska song that plays in the beginning of Shawn of the Dead? I've heard it other places before, and I think its a classic Ska song, but I can't find its name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365748/soundtrack

expunge
Jul 24, 2004
I have an existential map. It has 'You are here' written all over it.

VolumeOverTalent posted:

I'm going to take a guess at 'Fidelity' by Regina Spektor.

You...rock sir. That was it!

Atreyu
Feb 14, 2004
'Your bum is the greatest thing about you; so that in the beastliest sense, you are Pompey the Great.'
okay quite a few songs - I thought this song was called One Cup Of Coffee but I can't seem to find it anywhere. It's quite literally about this guy and his coffee habit - begins with the lyrics....

"Starts me up, makes my day...It opens up my eyes all the way"

the chorus is

"The only way I take it is hot - now guess what I want — One Cup of Coffee!"

and also includes the lines

"I count the cups of coffee consumed..in one afternoon"
I think this is late 80s pop but I could be mistaken.

The rest was on this weird compilation tape that was doing the rounds when I was in college - this would be around 1990-91. There was a song that had the lyrics

"Suffocation! It's the dawn of the crucifier"

A friend claimed this was by Slayer but it's definitely not.

The last request I have is the vaguest. I was told this was a song called Sheep Die by Treponem Pal. But the person who said that seems to have got both song and band wrong. It starts off with this ominous bassline and the faint sounds of sheep bleating and then speeds up with some rather chaotic blast beating accompanied by very weird yelling, chortling vocals. It's not the standard death grunt; just something very gurgly and disoriented.
The song then changes pace and there's a staccato riff that sounds suspiciously similar to Smells Like Teen Spirit and whenever it breaks the singer is bleating or yelling stuff that sounds like Yaaadeeeba. It then returns to the riff it started with and ends. I'd be incredibly grateful if any or all of these could be identified.

Avril Lavigne
May 29, 2006

deadking posted:

Ghost Town by The Specials. :)

Thank god there's one of these threads, there's a song that's been bugging me since Saturday when I heard it in a pub. Unfortunately I hardly heard any of the words since people were talking to me.
The chorus [I think it's the chorus] goes kinda like...

"[something something something]in the middle of the night.. and I know it's all right [or some other line that rhymes with night]"

And it's a very chilled-out mid-tempo kind of affair, pretty summery-sounding, reminds me a little of slower Fun Lovin' Criminals. Since I only remember a tiny piece of the lyrics and I have no idea who the artist was, it's been practically impossible to find via google.

invisiblelantern
Jan 15, 2007
There's this one song playing at work which has been bothering me for the past year. Searching what lyrics I could salvage on google and browsing the more popular 60s girl groups hasn't helped, either.

The store has satellite radio, and it's always tuned to the 60s/70s variety channel, which narrows it down a bit.

It sounds like a mid-60s soul/girl group song, with the female singer(s) and a chunky beat. The beat is something like four (or five) standard, then three in quick and rapid succession, and the bass and drums really kick in around the last three quick beats.

I couldn't make out most of the lyrics, save for "Don't you leave me, don't you cryyy," where the last syllable on "cry" and nearly every other line is held out for an extra four seconds. The singers are all singing in high falsetto, too.

Anybody?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Theres a song used on recent DFS adverts in the uk, Its not on commercialbreaksandbeats So I'm stumped.

It reminds me of modest mouse/tilly and the wall. I remember some of the lyrics were about people turing into monsters and pusing baby monsters in prams I think?

Any ideas?

Edit: Its the Boy least likly to.

:doh:

wastro
Nov 23, 2004
This isn't exactly "help me identify a song," but hopefully someone can shed some light on this. I heard a Radiohead song on the radio ... don't remember the all lyrics, but Thom says something like 'it can be incredible,' and if I remember right, the DJ actually called the song "Incredible."

That's all well and good, but I can't find the song "Incredible" by Radiohead on songmeanings.net, I don't see it on allmusic.com, either. So I'm just curious if anyone knows the history behind "Incredible" by Radiohead or if I'm just imagining things.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twentyfortynine
Mar 10, 2007

Strictly speaking, I'm never supposed to do this. But have you got a better idea?
Hey, this is exactly what I've been looking for, I've been trying so very hard to remember, Googling lyrics, sifting through iMixes, but I just can't find the song I have running through my head and would top off my 80s playlist:

It's one of those ultimate 80s pop-dance songs (though maybe technically it's the early 90s, but when you hear it, you'd think 80s), all synthesizers, super cheesy.

Most notable feature: the synthesized voice at the end of a verse says something like (though not exact since a lyric search didn't help me) "move your body from left to right" and "(something something) broad daylight" and then a loud stab of synth.

It was probably the most popular song in the universe for some week in the 1980s, but damned if I can remember anything about it other than that little shred of music.