Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catbread.jpg
Feb 22, 2007
This sounds like a dumb question, but I can't recognise the (Iced Earth) song played over the PA at the end of Iced Earth, the last track on the second Alive in Athens disc. I have the almost the entire collection and I can't place it. :saddowns:

edit: I got it now, I can't believe I didn't recognise it, 1776 off SWTWC.

catbread.jpg fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jun 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Evil_Penguin_v2 posted:

0k the song im looking for was being done on karaoke 2 night ago i know it was clearly in english and was either called en fuego or el fuego is what people said, so i just need to know the bands name. if no one knows I will try to remember lyrics.

You sure it wasn't "El Scorcho" by Weezer or a song by the band The Del Fuegos? I can't think of any songs called El Fuego at the moment. :(

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.

Lil Danzig posted:

You sure it wasn't "El Scorcho" by Weezer or a song by the band The Del Fuegos? I can't think of any songs called El Fuego at the moment. :(
Nah i dont think so, it would be considered late 80's or early 90's pop probably just a really really weird song, I will be investigating with some people i work with that were also there.

Shadrach
May 14, 2003

Got more rhymes than Jamaica got mangos
I was listening to the radio last night and a caller requested a song I didn't catch the name of. It was an instrumental cover of what sounded like the theme to the Good the Bad and the Ugly, it was fast as gently caress and the guitar shredded like mad, I loved it, and now I can't find it. :(

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
OK, this song JUST played on the BBC Glastonbury coverage, but bloody Phil Jupitus mumbled the band name so I have no idea who they were. Google turns up NOTHING of use on a lyric search either.

basically, 2 man folk outfit, one with accordian, one fiddle, both singing I think. Was a traditional sounding sailors song/shanty, chorus "and the wind blows high, the wind blows low, all on the raging sea".

Sweetwater Kill
Jun 7, 2006

La vierge Marie vous regarde.

Shadrach posted:

I was listening to the radio last night and a caller requested a song I didn't catch the name of. It was an instrumental cover of what sounded like the theme to the Good the Bad and the Ugly, it was fast as gently caress and the guitar shredded like mad, I loved it, and now I can't find it. :(

It wasn't off this album, was it?

Shadrach
May 14, 2003

Got more rhymes than Jamaica got mangos
I love you. It was the Metallica one.

Did I say I loved you.

Edit: Wasn't the actual theme, my mistake, I think it plays during the part where they are all in the graveyard.

Shadrach fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jun 25, 2007

Salmonella
Dec 23, 2005

Ladies, I am a rod shaped bacteria!
This is a classical peice of music, I think most famously used in videos of WW2 plane fights (dogfights). I can bash out the rythym, but I cant remember that website that lets you bash in a rythym.

It's also used in alot of films/tv shows, and was in the playstation 1 game 'street racer' as the music for the airfeild track.

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

The idea is if we don't look out the white race will be utterly submerged

Lil Danzig posted:

You know, now that you mention it, maybe somebody can help me. It was the same era, maybe 96 or 97 or so... there was a song on the radio all the time that was like sort of a glammy hard rock kind of sound, with a real fast lead guitar player and a TON of big vocal harmonies that were almost Queen-like. I don't remember many lyrics to the song, I remember he said "Give it to me" a lot and there may have been something about Romeo and Juliet involved or something.

Either way, it was definitely like your typical mid-90's glam song, ala Skid Row, but with some crazy neo-classical guitar and weird Bohemian Rhapsody type vocals. And if I'm not mistaken, the band had the one hit and disappeared.

It can't be 1990's "Give in to Me" by Michael Jackson. The song is in the style of glam rock ballad. Slash played guitar on this song but he's not really fast. Not sure about the queen-like vocal harmonies.

Do you remember anything more about the song?

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Blackadder posted:

It can't be 1990's "Give in to Me" by Michael Jackson. The song is in the style of glam rock ballad. Slash played guitar on this song but he's not really fast. Not sure about the queen-like vocal harmonies.

Do you remember anything more about the song?

Oh man, I totally forgot to post about this, but I figured this one out with the help of the internets. The song I was looking for was called "Backdoor Romeo" by a band called T-Ride, evidentally. I found a sample of it, and it's definitely the right song. Thanks, though. :D

The Great Aspie
Jan 13, 2006

The idea is if we don't look out the white race will be utterly submerged
EDIT: :argh:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Salmonella posted:

This is a classical peice of music, I think most famously used in videos of WW2 plane fights (dogfights). I can bash out the rythym, but I cant remember that website that lets you bash in a rythym.

It's also used in alot of films/tv shows, and was in the playstation 1 game 'street racer' as the music for the airfeild track.
Got a YouTube link or anything?

hamlord
Oct 11, 2006

it's boehner time
Whats the song in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5rOvYP7CQSc

I've asked everyone I know, and we don't have a clue.

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

Pyrepenol posted:

Whats the song in this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=5rOvYP7CQSc

I've asked everyone I know, and we don't have a clue.

It's "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue and now I feel SUPER loving old.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Here's one.

I downloaded an...illicit version of battlestar galactica season 1. I'm fairly sure it was an australian tv rip. after the first episode, there was a commercial for the second episode in the file.

the song that played during this commercial was kinda electronic rockish, with lyrics like "space man" and "I always wanted you to know"

anyone know what this song was?

hamlord
Oct 11, 2006

it's boehner time

Lil Danzig posted:

It's "Kickstart My Heart" by Motley Crue and now I feel SUPER loving old.

Thanks alot man :rock:

Karma Sutra
Oct 22, 2006

by Lowtax
I've had this one stuck in my head all day.

All I recall about this song is that it was pretty popular around late 90's/early 00's and the only line i remember from it is a chick singing "all around the world". It's a high energy dance song, and so far I know it's NOT ATC, or Oasis.

Karma Sutra fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 26, 2007

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

ChromeHound47 posted:

Here's one.

I downloaded an...illicit version of battlestar galactica season 1. I'm fairly sure it was an australian tv rip. after the first episode, there was a commercial for the second episode in the file.

the song that played during this commercial was kinda electronic rockish, with lyrics like "space man" and "I always wanted you to know"

anyone know what this song was?
Could be Spaceman by Babylon Zoo - the chorus goes "spaceman, I always wanted you to go into space man".

Lil Danzig
Mar 1, 2007

kiffkin posted:

Could be Spaceman by Babylon Zoo - the chorus goes "spaceman, I always wanted you to go into space man".

I'm not the person who posted this originally, but I think you're right -- I vividly remember that song in a BS:G commercial that aired stateside as well because of the excessive chorusing on the singer's voice. Every time it would come on, I'd think "Here's that song where the guy's singing through a fan again".

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Karma Sutra posted:

All I recall about this song is that it was pretty popular around late 90's/early 00's and the only line i remember from it is a chick singing "all around the world". It's a high energy dance song, and so far I know it's NOT ATC, or Oasis.

Longshot since it's 10 years earlier, but maybe Lisa Stansfield - All Around the World?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

kiffkin posted:

That is it exactly, thanks much for the help.

Deserted
Dec 17, 2006
I can't...I can't look away!

Pablo Gigante posted:

Could it be by Justice? The song D.A.N.C.E. has a 1-2-3-4 part in it

I found it! It wasn't Justice, it was "Fresh Push Breakin'" by Hifana, a small Japanese duo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS9J36D7KsE

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Karma Sutra
Oct 22, 2006

by Lowtax

FitFortDanga posted:

Longshot since it's 10 years earlier, but maybe Lisa Stansfield - All Around the World?

That's no where near it. It had a eurodance beat to it, and sounded a bit similar to this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xMm7gqowAO4

I heard it a few times around 1999-2000ish and I can remember it was on a commercial for some 90's dance hits or something like that.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Karma Sutra posted:

Is it Aqua - Around the World?

Panzerfaust
Jul 8, 2006

Just when you think that there's nobody around to kill you, BOOM, remote controlled Panzerfaust outta nowhere.
I heard this song on the radio this morning, but they didn't repeat the name of it.

It was on a classic rock station, so I'm assuming it's not new. The song has someone singing about a boy named Johnny going to school. The voice of the singer (I think it's a woman, I was half asleep at the time) was sort of distorted, and it sounded sort of half psychadelic. It was pretty slow too if I'm remembering right. Can anyone help? Cause I really liked it and that's all I remember. :(

bengk
May 3, 2007

Behold, the internet.

My God...
im looking for a song by a hiphop artist all i remember is the music video of it, and pretty much he's singing in his boxers on a treadmill and people are just passing him by...it's a pretty chill song be great if i knew what it was called!

Yngvai
Dec 27, 2005
Indeed i am the fastest
I would really appreciate if someone could identify the song embedded in this YTMND, it's obnoxious i know, but it's been bothering me for days:

http://parisfacial.ytmnd.com/

jobehaix
Feb 16, 2004

A turtle? Yes, a turtle.
If someone could tell me the name of this song here, that would be GREAT...
http://www.skimaging.com/

I used to have it. :(

Yngvai posted:

I would really appreciate if someone could identify the song embedded in this YTMND, it's obnoxious i know, but it's been bothering me for days:

http://parisfacial.ytmnd.com/
Eric Prydz - Call On Me

The music video is amazing. It's on YouTube.

jobehaix fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Jun 29, 2007

pattsterr
Jun 11, 2007
oh my god a rubber

El_Dudarino posted:

The only way I can possibly describe this song is through its main riff, if it were transcribed into words it would be: "dah dah dahdahdahdaaah duntsknahnahnahnah" the song also began with an "five six seven eight!" or something similar.

I'm not sure why I have the song stuck in my head, but now I must find it. Goons, please save my brain.

OK I'm guessing someone probably solved this for you by now, but if not, it's Huddle Formation by the Go! Team.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Salmonella posted:

It's probably 'Ride of the Valkyries'.

I have an odd request... My dad and I were outside listening to the radio and they played some songs by a Blues musician and said his name was Jacky Martin. I can't find any cds by "Jacky Martin", "Jackie Martin", or "Jack Martin." Who was this mystery artist, then?

It was Jewish comedian Jackie Mason, for those playing at home.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jul 1, 2007

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Karma Sutra posted:

Daft Punk - Around the world?

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

Salmonella posted:

I can bash out the rythym, but I cant remember that website that lets you bash in a rythym.

http://www.songtapper.com/

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

I was driving home for lunch and I caught the last minute or so of a song on the radio, and they never said the name of it again. It was a hard rock song, but it had parts that sounded very middle-eastern and lyrics along the line of "looking for India" or "searching for India." There were parts backed by an orchestra, too.

Komputernauta
May 16, 2006

Can anyone identify the song that starts close to 0:15 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rCTsX2hhYk&mode=related&search= ?
Other songs from this show were quite popular so I hope it will be easy.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Karma Sutra posted:

Not sure, but that sounds like something that would come out of Dee Lite's mouth.

terrordactyl
Dec 21, 2004

Komputernauta posted:

Can anyone identify the song that starts close to 0:15 in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rCTsX2hhYk&mode=related&search= ?
Other songs from this show were quite popular so I hope it will be easy.

Summer Song By Joe Satriani

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icdnKydffZQ

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.
I'm looking for a hiphop song that I think is fairly well known, and has a strong guitar sample going in the background. A sort of continuous "chic-ka chic-ka chic-ka", really twangy. Maybe from... end of the 90s?

Pweller fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 3, 2007

PUSSY BARON
Dec 25, 2005

by mons all madden
It was in 6/8 time with prominent harpsichord and a man singing. It was indie pop I believe. he;lp

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Ive been trying to find the artist/song title of this song. But no luck. I know its from the Sunrise Festival 2005 After Party.

Here is the clip. Its a house song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTWjRuCVtVU

It has the lyrics "I just keep on loving you baby, I just cant tell you how I feel"

Edit: Found it finally, Poker Pets - Lovin You

Pweller posted:

I'm looking for a hiphop song that I think is fairly well known, and has a strong guitar sample going in the background. A sort of continuous "chic-ka chic-ka chic-ka", really twangy. Maybe from... end of the 90s?

Very vague, but could it be Quannum - I changed my Mind?

Custard Undies fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EnnisTheMennis
Apr 11, 2005

There is really no good reason why it shouldn't work.
hm