Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yesterday on a local radio station(Free Radio Olympia) I heard a song that was Float On by Modest Mouse, but it was a very folky version. Now I've tried google and all I get is an acoustic version by Ben Lee that is pretty terrible and not what I'm looking for. I'm hoping someone else has heard this, because trying to find it is driving me nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Esposito posted:

There is a cover of Float On by Goldspot.

hear it here:
http://www.ijigg.com/songs/V2AG4EFCPD
or;
http://hypem.com/search/goldspot/1/

Found it with a google search for: "float on" cover

Close but no cigar, it had like harmonicas and acoustic guitars. It was awesome.

Edit - Yay found it, didn't actually have Harmonicas! It was by Iron Horse.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 10, 2009

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Heard this on the radio this morning, didn't catch the name of the song or artist, it was a hip hop song that started with a really emotional phone call from the rapper's father, and thats pretty much all I can remember about it.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thanks this was it. You are awesome.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for a song that has a creepy man whispering menacingly in the beginning that's all I can remember about the song. Probably rock. The whispering part had no music at all and sounded like someone was actually nearby talking creepy.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 5, 2014