Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

invisiblelantern
Jan 15, 2007
There's this one song playing at work which has been bothering me for the past year. Searching what lyrics I could salvage on google and browsing the more popular 60s girl groups hasn't helped, either.

The store has satellite radio, and it's always tuned to the 60s/70s variety channel, which narrows it down a bit.

It sounds like a mid-60s soul/girl group song, with the female singer(s) and a chunky beat. The beat is something like four (or five) standard, then three in quick and rapid succession, and the bass and drums really kick in around the last three quick beats.

I couldn't make out most of the lyrics, save for "Don't you leave me, don't you cryyy," where the last syllable on "cry" and nearly every other line is held out for an extra four seconds. The singers are all singing in high falsetto, too.

Anybody?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invisiblelantern
Jan 15, 2007
I heard this song at work today, and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

The song is sort of bouncy and upbeat, with a female singer with a higher, sweet sounding voice. Possibly mid-90s or later. The only lyrics that I caught were something along of the lines of "only he/she is good to(for?) me," although the refrains go: normal, fast fast, normal normal (da dada da da). So like, for that line, it would've gone like, "only...she...is...good...for...me," and the rest of the lines line up that way as well.

Since it was music played at a retail store, I doubt that it was anything too obscure. Very poppy and mainstream, too.

Any ideas?

invisiblelantern fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 26, 2008