Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Not a song, but a band. They make purely instrumental stuff. It's all off kilter, and kind of disorienting. It's almost noise. They're named Athyrech or Athreich or something, I can't remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

HAI posted:

Autechre?

That's it, thank you. I'd been typing a thousand variants of that into Google to no avail.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

edit: i'll start a new thread about my question

Bozz fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 9, 2008

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Daypass posted:

I know this is gonna sound very vague and sad but there is a song I am looking for and all I can tell you about it is that it is a guy singing about his girl and there is a middle verse that has something to do with a flower. Ie:

Her love is like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
I love her like a flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)
She is my flower (wildflower, sunflower, daisy, etc)

I think the verses went that way like
she is my flower, something, something
she is my whatever-something,something

but I could be way off

Or something to that affect

It was a pop song and for some reason I want to say it is by a fairly well known band (likely an alternative rock band). It was mellow and not thrash or dance beat and it was one male voice mostly. I think it was in top 40 (maybe top 100) circa early to mid 90s. It was played some (not overplayed) when it was popular so not too high on the charts but it was on the charts I'm sure.

As I said I know this is very vague but I have tried everything to search it out or jog my memory so I am turning to the Goons for help and suggestions. I also want to say the band's name was one word but once again I could be lost on that too.
I will research out any helpful suggestions so please give it a shot.
If this post is in the wrong place I apologize.

Are you thinking of Stone Temple Pilots - Sour Girl by chance? I thought they were saying flower girl for the longest time. Seems to fit the rest of your description, STP (one word), poppy song by an alternative rock band, the song wasn't overplayed but got on the top 40, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXahvUHICQ4&feature=related

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

I've had this song stuck in my head for the better part of the year, so here is me being a dumbass whistling it,

http://drop.io/k3atrxg/asset/dumbwhistlewoowoo-wav

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

HoldYourFire posted:

Eric Prydz - Pjanoo? Difficult one. If not, what instrument are you whistling?

That melody sounds really similar. I don't know what instrument it is, it's from a dance track played in clubs. It sounds like the horns or whatever it is in Benny Benassi's Satisfaction, MGTM Kids, and Cascada Everytime We Touch (1 min in). Those three songs all have that sound effect that makes them sound really similar to the one I'm thinking of. (They were all ones I initially thought the song was)

edit: that's definitely the melody. It's got those horns(?) from the other songs I've mentioned playing the melody though, not a piano.

Bozz fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 7, 2010

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Crows Turn Off posted:

Pitbull ft. Lil' Jon - Krazy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Lyka8Znes

You probably heard club mixes and stuff, though.

AHA! That's it! Oh man, that's so definitely totally it. Wow, thank you!

And I've also heard the Franchi version "Cream" as well. So that was confusing because sometimes I heard it with lyrics and not. Thanks to you too Steve Holt!

Bozz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 8, 2010

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Final Fart Buttball posted:

If you're serious it's Owl City's song "Fireflies" which is probably the single most overplayed piece of crap on the radio right now

Not that Krazy is the pinnacle of modern music art, but gently caress does that Owl City song make me want to punch face. I get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs! It sounds like a mentally retarded 11 year old going on about what his happy meds do to him. I want to fight Owl City.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

I have this song stuck in my head and to make it more frustrating I can't even put it into humming form. It's just a a whistle/electronic type beep sound that keeps steadily trucking along with a beat. I hear it when I go to the club, it's contagiously danceable.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

It's similar, thanks. A little bit slower paced. In fact when I hear that song you posted I can't remember how the other one goes. Any other ideas?

It's not Stereo Love either. :)

Bozz fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 10, 2011

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

No, but that was another one I was trying to find the name of. :) I have no way of describing it other than beep beep bop beep. That's not very helpful of me.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

OH hey, I actually shazamed it last night

Travis Porter - Bring it Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTCkmvSwIjw

Thanks HJB.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

A song on the radio that sounds like Rihanna singing reggae?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Final Fart Buttball posted:

'Man Down'? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PV0KUBsmJrY

That is exactly it. Two minutes later, even. Thanks man!