Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
This song was on an industrial mix show about 10 years back. I taped it on cassette and I really like it but could never find the artist:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26422002/unknown.wav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

Not sure of the song, but it sounds an awful lot like Meat Beat Manifesto.

I'm not sure. I have a couple of their albums [and I know they have a lot more out] so I guess I could search through some lyrics or something to see if anything looks familiar. This specific recording was sandwiched in a mix between Think Tank's "Anticipatory Retaliation" and Rev Co's "We Shall Cleanse The World" so a couple beats and effects might come from them.

I hate that. I can't even really make out any lyrics to google :mad:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

FitFortDanga posted:

probably Beastie Boys - Looking Down The Barrel Of A Gun

I think Anthrax covered it too.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Repost: Industrialesque-dancey song that was on a radio show about 10 years back. It was mixed with Revolting Cocks's "We Shall Cleanse The World".

Sample from the tape [if it still works]:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26422002/unknown.wav

*EDIT* Found it! Die Warzau.

Secks fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 16, 2007

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

TIIMMYY posted:

I remember a music video a few years ago in which a puppet gets in a car crash and is taken to hospital, then - I think - gets up and dances. The sets and other people in the video are real, not other puppets.

I don't remember much of the song but I do remember I liked it. Any ideas?

Interpol - Evil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OcR0fbf6g

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Ben and Stew posted:

This one's for the DJs and electronic music fans out there. I went to a Underground Sound 4 and a DJ (Tom Foolery?) played this wicked prog trance song that had a sample in it that was sped and chopped up with someone saying something like "Every day I do drugs, and all I wanna do? Drugs etc..." If anyone has a clue please let me know.

I suppose this isn't so much trance but there is a song by My Life With the Thrill Kill Kult called "A Daisy Chain 4 Satan" that has a similar sample.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN0yI-ambNY
(check the samples at the beginning, 1:09 and at 3:20 or so)

Also, possibly Meat Beat Manifesto's "Acid Again" that uses the same sample source.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Only on Tuesdays posted:

I remember hearing a few tracks from a band that made a concept album about Pepsi, which was entirely samples, and I totally forget the band and song. One of the songs was about celebrity endorsements, another, I just remember, had "gotta have Pepsi" repeated over and over. What is it?

Negativland - Dispepsi

It's a great album and if you like that, you'll like their other stuff.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Cumfart Cocktail posted:

Okay, I had a song that I found about six years ago that was a technoish track with some sampled male voice saying "I am electric" now and again. I don't have any more in the way of description, I just remember that I really liked it.
Help?

The only thing I can think of that has a repeating sample like that is a song called "Look At The Musik" by Darling Kandie. If you go here, you can hear a sample of the song. The sample in question comes at the very end so listen carefully. The only problem is that the "I am electric, I am electric" sample is female... I know you said male but it was worth a shot.

(As a side coincidence, Darling Kandie is a side-project from the Thrill Kill Kult's vocalist)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Poochie posted:

It's a song with a really strong/hard beat behind the lyrics, which I believe are spoken, by a large black man... perhaps?

The song sounds kind of industrial, and the music video starts with a sort of spacey theme to it.

I want to say the name of the group is something weird like "Cee-lo" but not that....

Seriously? It's pretty much the most popular song on the goddamn planet right now. Just google "cee-lo" and you'll find it as "gently caress you" by Cee-Lo Green.