Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
I posted this in that small questions thread in Ask/Tell but didn't get an answer:

I'm looking for a song/music video.

It was fairly popular on MTVu in the early half of 2005. Simplified, the song was fairly straight rock. It was a black and white video. It had the band rocking out in a room, but the main focus of the video was a teenage-aged girl running around an eastern European town as the Nazis(?) invaded. At the end she stands in front of a tank, which shoots her down. The end of the video has a black screen with a dedication to a girl.

I believe the band's name was one word, and it might've started with a K or a C.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

missed_again posted:

okay this one should be easy, basically its a music video were a punk band is dressed
like the crew of a ship but they are on a small stage with cut out boat and cut out layered waves and its all got a very dark sense to it. apparenly the song was pretty popular recently too.

This also might be Senses Fail - Rum is for Drinking, Not for Burning.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

ProperCoochie posted:

I posted this in that small questions thread in Ask/Tell but didn't get an answer:

I'm looking for a song/music video.

It was fairly popular on MTVu in the early half of 2005. Simplified, the song was fairly straight rock. It was a black and white video. It had the band rocking out in a room, but the main focus of the video was a teenage-aged girl running around an eastern European town as the Nazis(?) invaded. At the end she stands in front of a tank, which shoots her down. The end of the video has a black screen with a dedication to a girl.

I believe the band's name was one word, and it might've started with a K or a C.
Perhaps it's Kashir?

Reposting this because I'd really like to know. I've provided a good amount of information, someone has to recognize it.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

I'm going to wager that the band is Kasabian and the song is "Club Foot."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RwL7r29mUPI

YES YES YES This is it, thank you so much.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
A lyrical verse ends with something like "and I'm too young and you're too old." The melody for the line is VERY similar to Cotton-Eye Joe. The song was probably written between 1990 and the present. Kind of folksy. Possibly a deep voice, but not necessarily a bass.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
There's a song I've been hearing everywhere that I can't identify. It sounds like TV on the Radio's Family Tree--especially the strings' melody. It was also played as the New York Mets were being announced along the baseline at the first game at Citifield. Any ideas?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
In January 2007 I was at a party and heard a Fall Out Boy song that had a bunch of chords other than their standard power chords. I think it was mid-tempo, and wasn't even that good of a party song. A chord would be played 3 or 4 times and would be silenced for the rest of the measure.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saXO4SzDj7Y

Where's the guitar from?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
O GOD IT HURTS

I was watching Mr. Plinkett's Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull review and I need to know a song used for background music:

https://youtu.be/-zphhfHon_I?t=562

I know I know that funky guitar riff, what the hell is it?

It plays for a few minutes. If you rewind from the point I posted, I believe you can hear some of the beginning of the song.

Please help. And thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
So, I know the songs, but I can't find a way to purchase the mp3s. I've searched extensively.... I don't think I've ever had this problem before.

The artist and album are titled: Lisa Burns, released in 1978 on MCA Records.

It's really bugging me because I heard a song on the radio, "Slow Burn" and I can't find the audio anywhere online. I discovered it when my alarm clock radio was set to a random station. I woke up to When You Walk in the Room (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsWJVB6Dtvw) and then they played the other song, it had a cool, driving drum intro. But mostly, I just adore her warbly voice. Anyone know how I can get the album?

Here's a brief article about the album that I found.