Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!
That's Pigbag, "Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag".

Also known as the "NewMusic" theme :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!

Pweller posted:

The guitar part is a steady strumming, not a riff like in the Quannum track. It would have definitely got airtime on MTV or MuchMusic. It's possible it's a canadian group. I'm trying to check some clips from the rascalz and kardinal offishall, but no luck yet with what I've found.
Maybe "Northern Touch"? You can hear it in this video (takes a few seconds to get going)

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!

Gargield posted:

Yesterday I heard a song on the radio, but I don't remember anything about it except that:

1) It was alternative if anything, though that's kind of vague
2) There were two singers, a guy and a girl
3) The guy sounded exactly like Stewie Griffin

Anyone have any idea what this is?
Whenever I hear "alternative" and "guy and girl", I think Mates of State. The guy sounds sort of like Stewie Griffin, I guess...?

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!

ProperCoochie posted:

A lyrical verse ends with something like "and I'm too young and you're too old." The melody for the line is VERY similar to Cotton-Eye Joe. The song was probably written between 1990 and the present. Kind of folksy. Possibly a deep voice, but not necessarily a bass.
It's not folksy or deep-voiced, but it does kind of sound like Cotton-Eyed Joe...Aaron Carter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdH4TWz2_A

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!

Hoborg posted:

Yeeeears ago, between 1993 and 1997, most likely 95 or 96, I remember watching on Newsround (BBC News for ankle-biters) a news story about a very old woman (French? quite possibly the world's oldest person) who released a record or album that was doing very well on the contemporary charts.

Then I also think of some song from around the same time that featured a sampling of some young little poo poo^W^W^W baby babbling on, and I get the feeling it was the same song by the old lady, as though it were a poetic mix of the very young and the very old. I also remember seeing the album or single cover art featuring a photo of said baby, it may have been blueish, though I might be confusing it with Nirvana's Nevermind (but that was released years before).

I also think of The Cure as well, might they have been involved in music like this? (I don't have any of their stuff, but I remember they were mentioned on Blue Peter at the time or something).

The first album you're thinking of is "La Maitresse du Temps" by Jeanne Calment. She was 120 years old at the time of recording.

It came on the heels of the success of "Dur dur d'être bébé" by Jordy, and I think it was produced by the same people. That's probably the other song you're thinking of.

https://www.myspace.com/jeannecalment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dur_dur_d%27%EAtre_b%E9b%E9!

(ah the esoteric knowledge you glean when you volunteer at a French Canadian radio station in the 90s)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Looking to identify a song by a band that sounded like Interpol, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. The chorus went like "Love goes through all things" or "Love goes through all of you" (or something) and there was a line as well about "morality and lust". I may have the lyrics wrong, though, because Google isn't turning up anything other than Christian music and death metal.