Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

McBryce posted:

I'm pretty sure the song I would like identified is from the mid 90s.

The only thing that I really remember from it is that it is a female singer and, rather than lyrics, it starts off with "do do do de do do do de do de duh duh de duh de duh." That is the best way I can translate the melody into words. I'm also pretty sure that when the lyrics start they follow the same melodic pattern as the dos and des.

Hopefully somebody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

I thought of "Be My Lover" by La Bouche. That it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

warpspeedmind posted:

Ok, I'll give this a shot since I can't figure this one out.

It sounds like it might be Neil Young (I'm nearly certain), and is a very depressing sounding song, very minimal guitar work through most of it, and this fraction of a line:

"Out of the ??????, and into the black...."

Any ideas?

Google says "Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black)" by Neil Young.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

antishatter posted:

I have not been able to find a song which I believe to be by bad religion. The only line I know is along the lines of "we dont need no bad religion" or something like that.

Haha, that's not Bad Religion at all--that's Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall" and the line is "we don't need no education". :)

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Zelphabop posted:

I'm trying to find a song that i heard last night while drunk. I loved it and can't find it.

It sounded like dispatch, bedouin soundclash, and the roots all put together.

Song name is extra ordinary (i think)
Artist is unknown. ( it sounds like Izlabell or Izzlabee)

Please help me!

It wasn't "Extraordinary" by Better Than Ezra, was it?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

This one has been in my head lately:

This song would have been late 80' or early 90's, it is a dance song that would have been on hot compilations of the day and stuff like that, that is to say it's not very obscure or anything. I don't recall any of the lyrics, but the opening goes something like "duh-duh *Oww* dunt-dun-deh dun-deh-dun-deh duh-duh *Oww*" the Oww is pretty distinctive I'd say. Can anybody help me?

This is "Everybody Everybody" by Blackbox. One of my favorite songs since fifth grade ^^

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Geesus posted:

My girlfriend wants me to find a song, but she is giving me very little to work with. I don't expect anyone to be able to find it, but it's worth a shot. The only lyrics she can give me are "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She says it is a female singer with a band that sounds similar to Flyleaf. If anyone can find it that would be great, I've spent about an hour looking already, but those lyrics make it impossible.

This probably isn't it, but someone much earlier in the thread was looking for a song with those lyrics and it turned out to be"They" by Jem. Could that be it?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Elphiem posted:

I really need help trying to find the name and artist of a song I heard, I've searched for hours for the few lyrics that I remember, but I just can't find the song's name.

The main lyrics I remember, and they were used a lot were like: "spending our days in the sun", or "spending our time in the sun", and also some lyrics about "all is gone" or "all is lost", and it got repeated a lot, I think it was the chorus. The lyric "in the sun" or "the sun" was used a lot.

The song itself sounded Jamaican or Caribbean in style.

The closest lyrics that I could find, are the lyrics to "Seasons in the sun", but the song sounds nothing like that, as I said it has a Jamaican sound to it, it's like reggae.

The main clue would be the constant use of the lyric "the sun", it was used almost all the time, I don't think that I've heard any other song use "the sun" as much as this one.

Thanks.

EDIT: The lyrics from "Seasons in the Sun" that looked familiar were "We had seasons in the sun", and the "have all gone" lyric, but as I said the song sounded way different.

It's kind of a long shot but might this be "Island In The Sun" by Weezer?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Medium Bi posted:

I don't have an answer for you, but it's "dog-eat-dog world". I remember making that exact mistake when I was younger, and my entire family laughed at me over it. :( Now I never forget.

Although if this is a Snoop Dogg song, "doggy dog world" is entirely possible and I believe I've heard a song of his that had such a lyric in it...don't rule it out, anyway.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

pacheco posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ycjY3Yu-NQ

Would anyone know the gladiator/opera/choir song that starts at 0:54? I've looked through all 2500 comments, and all of them are wrong. Any help would be appreciated!

I know it's not the following, even though some say it is in the comments:

Fugees - Ready or Not
Mozart - Greensleeves
JayZ (lol) or 50Cent
Enya - Boadicea/Sleepwalkers Paradise

kimbo305 posted:

My best guess is that it's an ERA song?
This one is more famous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKvaLJsdphI

arg: they all sound so similar. I don't know Latin (and it's apparently only fake latin?) so I can't transliterate well enough to pin down the lyrics. Good luck: http://www.allthelyrics.com/lyrics/era/

There are three groups I'm a big fan of that often have songs incorrectly attributed to each other--Era, Adiemus, and E Nomine--and I'm pretty sure I've heard all of the songs released by all, and while it sounds like it COULD be any of them I'm pretty sure it's none of them. However, now I want to know who this is as well because it sounds like I'd really like them.

Edit: Era has a new album out?? Forget what I said about having heard all of their songs! I should mention though that a LOT of the songs on that link kimbo305 posted are incorrectly attributed to them--look at their wikipedia page for songs that are actually Era. I haven't heard the new album yet but I can tell you it's none of the songs on the first four albums, and unless Adiemus and E Nomine have come out with new albums too I'm pretty sure it's not a song of theirs either.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Super Mario Shoeshine posted:

I heard some weird 80s or 90s song by a girl in a glam rock type musical video but now i dont remember anything else except that the lyrics where something like "there maybe angels" or something. She also had a high pitched voice

Wasn't "Maybe Angels" by Sheryl Crow, was it?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

ScreinNaimme posted:

I've got on that's been bugging me for well near a decade. This was a real popular ambient track in the 90's and I remember hearing it on compilation CD commercials around 1993-4. There's a single woman singing the verse and then a women's chorus singing the chorus. The verse is slightly subdued but the chorus is big and bombastic, fully orchestrated, the works. I've heard it many places but none where I could get my hands on the name. I've recorded myself singing the verse and the chorus. Any help would rock. Please excuse my singing and my microphone.

This is what I think the verse sounds like:

This is what I think the chorus sounds like:

I'm pretty sure without even listening to your recordings that the track you're looking for is "Adiemus" by "Adiemus". Excellent track, it's moved me to buy pretty much their entire discography and find even more incredible pieces by them.

Edit: Listened to the recordings, that's it all right. Your singing is pretty spot on for someone singing it from memory and only knowing it from commercials :) If you happen to want recommendations for more amazing amazing tracks by them let me know.

Edit: On a side note, it bugged me for nearly a decade as well! I first heard it on the Pure Moods commercials when I was like eight, and then finally found it just a few years back. I still remember hearing the song in full for the first time :)

blinkeve1826 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 8, 2019

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
Ooh! Ooh! While we're on the subject of Adult Swim, what the HELL is the name of that song...okay, it first popped up a few years back, maybe the first or second year Adult Swim was even around, and then I heard it again on Adult Swim maybe a year or two ago. It sounded like...I can't explain it, like some foreign drinking song or something. It was quite fast-paced and the voices were kinda nasally and screechy, and there was clapping, and maybe an accordion or something, and I remember a "HUP! HUP! HUP! HUP!". It played sometimes during bumps and sometimes during commercials, and the commercials would be that song playing, and then fake translated "subtitles", one of which I remember being "A bear dances..." something something... "and then he dances some more". It's been driving me crazy, if I could just find out the name of it, the artist, what it is, where I can download it, ANYTHING about it...yeah. Thanks in advance, hopefully SOMEONE knows what this is!

Edit: It's in the key of F Major if that helps at all.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Brigadier Sockface posted:

This is probably going to go unsolved but here goes:

The song has a part that goes (literally) like this with a high pitched voice:
Laaaaaaaaaaaa, lalalalalaaaaaaaaa
Lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Lalalalaaaaaaaaaaaa..

I dunno but it may be from the 50s-60s.

Crocodile Rock by Elton John!!! Am I right?? It's not lalala, it's wah wah wah (I think), nor is it 50s-60s, but this is just my hunch v:)v

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

spikenigma posted:

I'm sure it can't be the right name but "Airport/Russia" by Karl Jenkins,

It's from a Levis advert

this might help

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=759855

You have the composer, the title of the piece as it's written on his own website, and where it's from, what exactly are you asking?

Also, Karl Jenkins is one of the best composers EVER. Some of the stuff he wrote for Adiemus is absolutely breathtaking.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
I fell in love with this song from my bellydancing class, but I can't figure out 1) the artist, 2) the title, 3) what language it's in, and therefore 4) any of the lyrics. Any of the above would be wonderful!

http://www.box.net/shared/xct3myuguy

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Rivfader posted:

It's Turkish, called "Gözünaydin" and it's by Nilüfer.

Don't ask me what it means or is about as I don't actually speak Turkish and thus haven't got the slightest idea. ;)

Holy cow, thanks!! Can I ask you how the HECK you figured that out, and so quickly??

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Emmitt Nervend posted:

I got another one that isn't so much a "identify a song" but more a "where did I hear this song?"

It was a record (or tape or something) that I had as a kid, and literally all I remember about it is that it had something to do with Batman, and it used Night on Bald Mountain as the theme (as heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE)

Does anyone remember anything that had to do with Batman that would have used that as the theme song? Ever since hearing that as a kid, I can't think of the song without thinking of Batman, and vice versa.

Could you actually be thinking of Fantasia? The segment in their that used "Night On Bald Mountain" had all these dark things flying around a mountain and fire and it was pretty :rock:

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Hoestvind posted:

I'm looking for a long version of the song Scwarze Sonne by E Nomine, It's around 8 minutes long I think.

I've got a remix that clocks in at 6:13, the (Talla 2XLC remix), might this be it?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

THE PWNER posted:

Anyone know what band/song this is? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPzLxDkM72Y

I would google some lyrics, but I can't understand them at all

Comments say it's The Good Wolf and the 3 Bad Pigs by by Street Poets, a Korean band, and that seems correct looking at the 1 other song they have on youtube which is similar sounding, but I can find absolutely no info on this band/the song in English anywhere.

II wish I'd read the rest of your post after the link BEFORE I did some Googling, it would have made the whole thing a lot easier. But yeah, that's definitely it, that's the English name of the song and the band, which in Korean is "착한 늑대와 나쁜 돼지 새끼 3마리" (pronounced something like...Chak-han Neuk-dae-wa Na-bbeun Dwe-ji Sae-kki Se-ma-li) by "거리의 시인들" (Geo-li-eh Shee-een-deul). I can't believe I understood enough of that to Google it, what a...song.

Some more info here. It's all in Korean, but it's a good place to start as any, I suppose.

http://www.maniadb.com/artist.asp?p=100391
http://music.daum.net/artist/artist...stDetailId=1776
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRkAZ2Zl_ic - A video for another song of theirs, "빙수" (Bing Su)

Of note, if you like them, check out Novasonic. Neither band is particularly popular in Korea (I like Novasonic but no one ever knew who they were when I was there, and I've never heard of Street Poets before today) but they have similar...ish styles. I like "Empire Of The Sun" or "태양의 나라".

Edit: This group is WEIRD. I kinda like them. But they're WEIRD. Listen to that other song, man. WEIRD. But good...but weird.

Edit 2: Lyrics (in Korean. Just in case...?): http://gasazip.com/10405

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
This appeared on my computer one day. I have no idea where it came from, what it is or what it's doing there. It's been there for a good five years, because I remember wondering what it was in high school and I'm almost done with college now. I don't know if it's part of a longer piece, if it's a piece at all, if it's from something, if it IS something, nothing. "2525sol" is the filename it "came" with, so to speak. That and the piece itself is the only thing I have to go on.

http://www.listentomelanie.com/mp3/2525sol.mp3

What the hell IS this thing???

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

codo27 posted:

Hey! How lucky for me to stumble upon this thread, as I have been desperately trying to name a Christmas song I've heard any number of times lately, especially when watching hockey on RDS.

I have no other way to describe it than to type the tune as I know it. It goes like,

do Do Do do Do do-do-lo do Do do-do-lo doooo
this repeats but the trailing doooo at the end is a higher note the second time
do Do Do do Do do-do-lo do Do do-do-lo doooo

Usually sounds like its played with a trumpet or something. I know this is terrible, but its really getting to me.

It's called "Sleigh Ride". Enjoy!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

yerrow peril posted:

Okay, this probably is going to be kind of difficult: It's a rap, talking about a kid who gets in a mess and at some point during the story, thinks he shot someone and freaks out? As it turns out he didn't end up shooting the guy, and ends with some kind of moral to the story (I think). Not very helpful, I know, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

This might be way off base, but you're not talking about "Stan" by Eminem, are you?

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
1) A song, perhaps more recent, possibly even within the last few years, but possibly also from a similar time peiod (early 90s), a song that sounds similar to "Something To Talk About" by Bonnie Raitt. Same key (maybe a half-step off), similar-sounding female singer, the bit I have in my head sounds like it was taken straight out of the song. Good luck with this one.

2) Speaking of Adult Swim bumps, there was this one on a few years ago and the only reference to it I can find is the first post on this page:

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76582&page=20

For Sealab 2021, with "A dancing bear kills Lenin".

Anyone know how I can find out what the music was for that one??? It was weird and European folk-sounding and I dig that stuff.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
What American (I'm pretty sure) song is sampled in this Korean one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3YC5qj03M

If you've never seen a Korean music video before, well, you're welcome.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Elohssa Gib posted:

May be wrong but it sounds like Stand By Me by Ben E. King

Bingo! Thanks!

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

fartzilla posted:

Here's a weird one. In one of Taco the Wonder Dog's MP3s, there's this ridiculous happy bouncy music underneath him yelling about anal sex. Is that background music just something he came up with, or is it actually a song?

The MP3 is supposed to be "an allstar tribute to Japanese noisecore," so my guess is that it's actually Japanese noisecore.

http://tindeck.com/listen/ftdx

I could be wrong, but that sounds like the music that plays on the intro page to iSketch. If it's an actual song beyond that, beats me as to what it actually is.

Edit: That's totally it. I'm quite proud of myself for this one.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

DarcArc posted:

I need help.
This song is a remix of a NES or SNES game, but I can't work out which one. The title is "Mario Song" but I don't think it's actually a Mario game. Tell me what it's from!

http://marathoncd.net/17%20Mario%20Song.mp3

Note: It's got a long intro, the main melody starts at 1:05, just skip to that.

It actually is a Mario song--It's the main theme from Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy, released in the US in 1989.

Edit: That's two for two in two hours :dance:

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

im a girl btw posted:

I was hanging out with my girlfriend today when this tune got stuck in my head out of nowhere. I hummed it for her and she recognized it but couldn't tell me what it was. We're both convinced it's by some camp 80s pop group.

Anyway it's been annoying me all day so I opened up Reason and banged out some sinewave approximation of it:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds like Madonna's "Material Girl" in a different key (original is in C Major, yours sounds like it was in F#).

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

I just found an unlabelled mix CD someone made for me, and I can't figure out what one of the songs is. It's a ska track, and the chorus and verses keep mentioning "six white horses." Another lyric that I'm sure of (some of the words aren't too clear) is "I still look and I still smell and I still act the same as I did when I spoke your name." The guy I got the CD from was big into local bands from his home state of New Jersey, so they may or may not be a NJ third-wave ska band. Thanks!

I can post it if someone reminds me of a good imgur-like site to upload mp3s.

Tindeck

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Grace McSpiff posted:

I swear I am going loving insane trying to recognize this song. It goes F# E F# E F# E D E D E D

(you can use this site to know what I mean: http://www.play-piano.org/play_online_piano_piano.html)

I might have heard it on the radio or a podcast or something, but I am pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. Could anyone help me out?

EDIT: of course that's not the entire song, but it's the only part I remember.

This may be really completely unhelpful, but it reminds me of part of the harmony from the Flower Duet from Delibes' Lakme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qx2lMaMsl8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Kevin DuBrow posted:

There's a music video from one of those Japanese idol groups in which the girls do this thing where they have to make a certain pose to fit through these moving walls with silhouettes cut in them. Does this ring a bell for anyone?

Not sure about the group, but from the description I can't help but wonder if the concept of the video isn't some reference to The Enigma Of Amigara Fault