Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

SpecialK2k8 posted:

My friend is looking for this song and all he knows is "someone once told me the art of war was don't start a war" that, I've googled it and haven't found anything, so any help would be appreciated.

Google brings up some Eminem freestyle called "Got It Twisted" with the line "in order to master the art of war, don't start a war," which is pretty close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Vernacular posted:

Good god, can somebody tell me the name of the song Cedric Gervais is spinning here? http://youtube.com/watch?v=F-X_U8U1UDA&feature=related

youtube posted:

lol the name of the song is
Arno Cost & Arias- Apocalypse

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

PUSSY BARON posted:

This was a country/bluegrass song sung by a woman. The lyrics were about how she was having an affair so she poisoned her husband and the chorus was like "i'll write I love you on your grave" but Google is giving me poo poo.

Marci Salyer - I've Earned the Right to Write I Love You on Your Grave?

http://cdbaby.com/cd/marcisalyer2

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

HP Hovercraft posted:

It's a rap song.

It starts off with some guy going "My life be like ooooooo ahhhhhhh oooooooo ahhhhhhhh ooo ahh." That repeats a few times before he starts rapping.

Thats all I can really say.

Maybe The Grits - Ooh Ahh?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

HVD posted:

I once saw a youtube video posted in this forum. It was a rap song called something like "Everything Big", and the video consisted of the rapper and his friends using comically oversized everyday objects (eg. a massive TV remote, a huge car etc.)

I can't for the life of me remember what the song was or who performed it. Can anyone help?

sounds like Mannie Fresh - Real Big

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0bpgvFTF37c

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Rirse posted:

I think the song that I was trying to remember is called "Too High for the Supermarket". Dunno who wrote it through.

The Uninvited

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vxuBThOcmZU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

wmrmbm posted:

I am looking for several songs actually. Can someone please recommend songs similar to "Eye of the Tiger", Don't Stop Believing" and "America F*** Yeah"?

I know it seems like an odd request, but I am searching for songs with the same kind of tone and feeling as these. Eye of the Tiger is a uplifting type rock song, Don't Stop Believing is great, and America F*** Yeah is "get pumped" kind of song.

Once again sorry for this odd request, and thank you.

Queen - Don't Stop Me Now
Bon jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
Asia - Heat of the Moment
Def Leppard - Rock of Ages

V:)V You might like those

e: how could i forget Paul Engemann - Push It to the Limit

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jan 22, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Bolkovr posted:

What's the name of this song, the song that is always used to mean "Italy":

(writing out music in MSPaint sucks)

I'm pretty sure it's a piece called "Tarantella Siciliana." somebody asked about it earlier in the thread and I finally found it on youtube after 2-3 days of searching, but I'm not about to do that again, lol.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Thermos H. Christ posted:

This is a tough one, and I'd be surprised if anyone can find it. I know what it is that I am looking for, I just cannot seem to be able to locate an actual recording/mp3/etc., of the track.

On the show "Unsolved Mysteries", there was this awesome closing theme. It was changed to a more lame one after the first few seasons, but the closing theme was this eerie piano/fretless bass/synthesizer tune and it was pretty loving rad.

I can locate the opening theme, but I can't locate the closing one. If anyone can actually find this, or even knows what the hell I'm talking about, you will have my eternal gratitude.

the authors of the opening tune are Michael Boyd and Gary Remal Malkin, i'm still googling my way around but you might have luck with that

is this it? http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGvJLye_qY about 8:30 in, im thinking this the later "lame" version

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 29, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Halloween 1931 posted:

I remembered more of this, so if this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know.

The lyrics were hard to hear because of the way the guy was singing. Another lyric was something like "You can take a million years out of my head" or something similar.

There was some kind of clapping beat rhythm.

Pulp - I Love Life?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

I need to find a bad song. It used to play over the in-store radio when I worked at a CVS/pharmacy a couple years ago. The main lyrics from the chorus were, "Amaaaaaaanda, I [pause] looooooove you. You're the one, the one for me...." and that's all I remember. Definitely late 70s or early 80s wuss rock. Help me find this horrible crap.

e: it's not Boston's "Amanda", which rules

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Rivfader posted:

Kool & The Gang - Joanna

Hahaha, kickass! Thanks man. I was going nuts.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sullen posted:

Heard this one on a commercial the other day and it has been irritating the hell out of me since: A chicks voice saying "Forever, Forever" or something like that, I didn't hear anymore since the commercial switches to several different songs over the course of it. It sounded like a pop song, probably 80s/90s. Commercial was some hair thing or something, sorry, that is really vague but it is all I've got.

edit: I've heard the song elsewhere, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't just for the commercial or anything.

Shakira - Whenever, Wherever?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sullen posted:

Haha wow, that was it! Man, I dont know how you were able to pin it down based off my lovely description. I guess Whenever, Wherever is *sorta* close to forever, forever. Still, you are a god.

haha, it was a shot in the dark. that rules though

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Jose Cuervo posted:

In the pilot new CBS comedy 'Welcome to the Captain' when the main character is in RAquel Welch's apartment jazz music starts up. If anyone could tell me the name of the tune I would appreciate it.

well I had to sit through half that lovely show but the song is Wham! - Careless Whisper. the sax riff you hear when he walks in the apartment is at about 1:26 in the song.

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Feb 10, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

cindolent posted:

I was watching the new episode of skins, and there's a song I need to know the name of. I tried typing som of the lyrics in google but got nothing.

It's in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LbFjSKC2Go

It starts at 1:45 and goes until about 3:10.

Day One - Bad Before Good?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Pibborando San posted:

This isn't really "help me identify a song" but rather "help me find where to get a song." I couldn't think of any better place to ask this. Anyway, I Monster have a remix of their song "Who is She?" to listen to on their website. It's called The Slag Mix. It's a pretty kick rear end mix but I can't find any info on this anywhere on the net. They've also got two new (to me) songs: Cowboy and Mansheens which I can't find any info on either.

this may or may not help, but with google I found 2 or 3 different torrent sites with "Cowboy" and "Masheens" available as bonus tracks, so you should be able to download the tracks that way.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

hoho`win posted:

I am trying to remember the name of a song. All I have to go on is a small part of the lyrics that aren’t showing up on google. It’s a female singer, kinda sounds like Joanna Newsom. It goes something like, ‘come on you’ve got cum on your face’ and ‘Hell man……..Hellman’s’

Thanks!

Kimya Dawson - Velvet Rabbit

code:
This isn't a come on, so come on, let's face it
The come on your face is really just mayonnaise
It was on your sandwich, but then you misplaced it
Now you're going to hell, man

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Poppycoke posted:

First one I've got is a song that has the line

'It's going to hurt but i'll have to say goodbye'

or something similar. I have no idea to the melody i just have this phrase stuck in my head.

The Coral - Dreaming of You

it played on an episode of Scrubs in 2002, if that helps

chachu posted:

Thanks!

I have another one. I heard it at about noon today on 94.7 in Portland. It was a live version of a slow, acoustic, very happy song sung by a male. The main gist of the song was about staying inside because it's raining and ignoring the alarm and cuddling in bed, I think. The last few lines of the song were lyrics to Stir It Up by Bob Marley. It was a pleasant little song, but for some reason it's not on their playlist on the KNRK website.

maybe O.A.R. - Night Shift?

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Feb 17, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Scott Pilgrim posted:

this is kind of a strange request but i have some songs by a band called "Widows", the album is "Bronze." i've looked high and low and for the life of me i can't find any information on them at all. any help is appreciated.

http://www.myspace.com/zulupearls

MySpace posted:

Zulu Pearls is a rock band from Washington, DC. The band was previously called "Widows" and past members include members of Engine Down, Strike Anywhere and Heavens. Their debut self-titled record is available July 24th, 2007 via ECA Records.

and here's the tracklist for "Bronze," but when they changed their name they renamed the CD "Zulu Pearls" as well

http://www.ecarecords.com/releases/zulu-pearls/zulu-pearls/index.php

sinep posted:

Ok I don't know who this band is but I ruled out the possibility of it being Arch Enemy. The song starts out with the female vocalist singing "Hush Little Baby" against some typical psuedo creepy metal sounding strings. Then her and the rest of the band proceed to destroy the world. Something about "Don't you know I'm insane?!" repeated over and over in one the verses. Help?

Otep - Eat the Children

the verse thing is "Don't you know they are the prey?"

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 18, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Max22 posted:

What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a year.

according to a youtube comment i saw, some guy says "it's from nightmare on my street", which was a fresh prince and dj jazzy jeff song off their 1988 album, so it would make sense to be on that episode (from 1990) i downloaded the track and the bass line of it is rhythmically the same, and pretty close note-wise.

here's a youtube video of "nightmare on my street"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J-vkHZ5TfoY

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sexy Pants posted:

Heard a rap song, assuming it's Southern since I heard "dirty south" mentioned, done over the opening of Big Chief by Professor Longhair

Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Ah yes, Lily Allen, that well-known rapper. I think maybe it's something else.

i looked before i leaped, but that song does sample "Big Chief"

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sexy Pants posted:

I haven't heard much Lilly Allen but I'm pretty sure her voice isn't male enough

cool dude, no one said anything about it already, thanks

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

ReaperUnreal posted:

I've heard this exact song several times in my youth, circa 96 or 97, and I can't for the life of me remember what it's called. Through some miracle of search for Scotland the Brave (the Scottish anthem) I managed to come across the exact song again. Unfortunately, it's terribly labeled and so I can't exactly get a hold of the CD it came on and such. Here's the link to the site I found it on. The Amazon and iTunes links don't actually work.

http://fubar.com/stashEntry.php?stashId=1436742

the only thing i've been able to find is that it's by a "DJ STump", but no google searches have helped. it might not be available on cd

andre patton posted:

This might be a hard one.

Its a rap song from probably a bay area rapper. I used to hear it all the time back in like 1995 when I lived in Oakland. From what I remember there was a woman singing the chorus it went somethin like, "Hurricane. But you can call him Sluracane. Sluracane. Commin up to start an engine-main"

I must be real off with the lyrics but you can get the gist of the song.

The Click - Hurricane

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Click

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

ReaperUnreal posted:

I've got another obscure song that I can't figure out what it's called. Here's what I know, it's a happy hardcore song, and I heard it on DI.fm's Hardcore channel. It was part of DJ Leto's Underground Sound mix, but I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere. It has male vocals with the lyrics that roughly say that people thought that hardcore was dead, but we proved them wrong. I do know one exact lyric in it was "hardcore 'til I die".

I know that this is kind of obscure, but I really liked the song.

cursory google search says Tom-E & Antix (feat. MC Destiny) - Hardcore Till I Die, maybe try that?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Matlock posted:

I've heard it a few times in retail stores on the Muzak--it sounds sorta like the BeeGees vocally, and the only line I can remember is "I don't wanna be alone." It's irritating, at best.

maybe Bee Gees - Alone?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Kulak posted:

This song has been driving me crazy. I have to hear it!

All I really remember is the melody, but the first time I heard about it was on SA. Apparently some goon had a relationship with this singer, and she ended up writing a song about him which became pretty popular. From what I recall, the name of the song is one word, and it's a Name. I'm sorry I don't have any more details, but hopefully the goon reference is enough.

was it Regina Spektor - Samson?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Disharmony posted:

http://tv.popcrunch.com/fred-simmons-king-of-the-demo-on-february-26-conan-obrien-video/

During the taekwondo segment, a cheesy 80s song plays. Anyone know the song?

the only lyrics i can make out are

code:
You're put to the test
There's no second best
and Google has yet to turn up anything. it may be some song they made up for that segment.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Nutsngum posted:

Im attempting to remember a song that i think is mid 90s era grunge/country rock. The only lyrics i can remember sound similar to "down by the river". The verses are sung almost yelling.

The closest song i could compare it by would be Runaway Train just that it seems to be a similar kind of country influeced melancholy song, are around the same time and the same kind of band would be behind it.

Hope this is enough info.

Alice in Chains - Down in a Hole?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Chajara posted:

Alright I have to find out what song this is because I don't hear it often at all and have pretty much no chance of figuring it out on my own since I'm not sure what the lyrics are... only what they sound like. I doubt I have them right since a search didn't turn up the song, and since I don't listen to the radio much and they don't play it at the store I work at I doubt I'll have a chance to listen to it closely to get the lyrics right for a search.

Basically, on a road trip in '05 I heard a song by a chick that sounds kind of like Meredith Brooks (at least how she sounds in that Bitch song since that's the only one I've heard as far as I know) and the one part I remember sounds like "It's the same, same same/it's the same same same". I heard the song not too long ago for a second time and it brought back all these nostalgic feelings of that road trip that I had so much fun on, and it's driving me nuts because no amount of searching has turned it up. Surely one of you knows what song I'm talking about. :/

is it Medicine - The Pink?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-RUCbvONYCI

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Superrodan posted:

Ok, there is this song that I took part in singing in High School and can't remember any lyrics to whatsoever, even though it very well could be some classic amazing song everyone in the world knows but me. I tried songtapper and that didn't work, so my last resort is making a very crude version of the part I remember. I know the first bit, it's the verse before the chorus kicks in.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lpu0dd

Anyways, the high pitched parts are "ooh-ooh-oohs" if I recall correctly, and the lower parts are parts with actual lyrics. When it gets to the last bit with lyrics it gets noticeably louder and becomes more aggressive but I don't remember what they are saying so it's impossible to look up.

I suspect and hope this is an easy one because it's bugged me for a while.

FYI: I realize the first bit sounds kinda like the first line from the song in Willy Wonka "The Candyman" but that's not it, that's something I noticed while making it and thought was amusing.

Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Superrodan posted:

Can I just say I love you?

In high school I helped make this video that was a ripoff of the Gap commercials at the time, and this was the music we sang. Every once in a while for the past few years I would hear the song in my head but not be able to look it up since not a single lyric stuck in my head.

I had not heard the song before or since.

Thank you.

I knew listening to oldies radio as a kid would pay off.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

I heard this at an IHOP and I think it said it was on XM channel 25, if that helps. It's a fairly recent song, probably mid 90s or newer. Female voice, acoustic guitar. All I can remember is after each line of a verse, the singer and background voices sing "woo hoo, woo hoo." Hopefully that will be enough. :(

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Spider Crusoe posted:

Might be KT Tunstall, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree".

that's it, thanks dude!

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Ramagamma posted:

Ok heres the details of the song i'm looking for.

Theres a section of the chorus where the word "saturday" is repeated like 7 times. Possibly followed by "what a day".

A friend of mine believes it was sung by Elton John although i'm vaugely familiar with his works and a google search only turned up a song by him called "Saturdays Alright (for fighting)" which isn't the song i'm looking for.

Any suggestions?

Try looking through this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturday#Saturday_songs

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

Need some help.

it's a crunky sounding hip hop song and there's a phrase about "what the fucks goin on in this goddamn club". Anyone know what it might be?

I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be mucho appreciated. thanks.

Ying Yang Twins - What the gently caress!

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 13, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Popcorn posted:

Can anyone identify the jazz at the start of this clip?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NHq5S1pDD6c

there's a youtube comment that says the song's on this collection

http://www.amazon.com/Some-Things-Just-Stick-Your/dp/B000V1OUOA

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

Ok I have some songs that are bugging me

First one is a song that plays on the muzak at my work, it's an up tempo song kinda like Bang on the Drums, starts with a group of people saying "Ahhh beep beep" several times and then it sounds like they're singing at a street party and something about staying up all night.

This sounds like the intro of Donna Summer - Bad Girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

I'm thinking it might be the song at 0:52 or possibly 3:38 on

if that's it, that's Mariah Carey - Emotions