Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Hey, I heard a song on some college station last night that has been bugging me all day. It was long-- at least seven minutes, I want to say closer to ten or fifteen-- and fairly avant-garde sounding. There was some very simple accordion melody in the foreground, and one or two very hard-to-distinguish female vocalists, and some ambient percussion. I remember in particular what sounded like a grandfather clock ticking very slowly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

Ogodei_Khan posted:

I am trying to figure out a song I heard in a coffee shop earlier that sounded like a distorted version of Ode to Joy and its lyrics were talking about war and the media. It was not a metal song but had a indie feel to it.

Maybe "Road to Joy" by Bright Eyes?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I'm looking for a fairly recent indie-pop type song, maybe from this past summer. Its sung in the first person plural and I think it vaguely has suggestions of, I don't know, caveman conflicts or survival of the fittest or something. Lyrics maybe starting with "We were born to (something)" or "We were made to (something)." If it helps at all, I was thinking it was a Harlem Shakes song at first, but it definitely isn't.