Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PsychoCowboy
Dec 18, 2001

I've just installed and am running xfce 4.3.99.1 on xubuntu 6.10 and none of the desktop icons are showing up, File Manger/Home and so on. What can i do to fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PsychoCowboy
Dec 18, 2001

I'm trying to resize a ext3 partition on an external usb disk with gparted, the task has been running for about 3 hours now. The disk is still clicking away every now and then.

Should it be taking this long? After I started the process I came across some information that suggested that I should first disable the ext3 journaling before trying to resize.

PsychoCowboy
Dec 18, 2001

I'm getting random reboots on a Debian Etch box thats acting as a vmware server host for 3 VMs. Which logs could give me a clearer picture of what's going on with this instability?