Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phystrr tuat
Aug 10, 2003
I'm running Ubuntu Edgy w/ Gnome desktop: is there any way to get transparent windows without installing Beryl or Compiz? I really just want that one feature...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phystrr tuat
Aug 10, 2003
I have an NTFS hard drive with a bunch of music on it. Some of the songs have random characters which my Debian box doesn't like (u+umlaut is being converted to an underscore). Ideally I would like it to recognize the characters and display them as they are currently, but I've been searching and I haven't found a good solution to that. Right now I'm about to rename all the files with weird characters, but I figured I'd run it by SH/SC first to see if anyone has a better, simpler suggestion. It's about 100 files/folders that I'd have to rename, so if anyone has a less time consuming option please fire away.