Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is my first foray into Linux. I'm about a week in to running OpenSUSE 10.2, and I love it to the point where I don't think I'm going to go back to Windows. I've worked through some issues to get things running smooth, but this one has me stumped. I'm running KDE and I'm trying to install some themes from KDE-Look.org.

I do my "./configure" and it compiles, after tons of trial and error of installing various things, but when I try and do "make", this is what I get:
code:
replicade@hydrogen:~/Documents/domino-0.4> make
make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/replicade/Documents/domino-0.4'
Making all in domino
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/replicade/Documents/domino-0.4/domino'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/replicade/Documents/domino-0.4/domino'
Making all in dominoConfig
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/replicade/Documents/domino-0.4/dominoConfig'
/usr/lib/qt3/bin/moc ./dominoconf.h -o dominoconf.moc
if /bin/sh ../libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=compile g++ 
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/opt/kde3/include -I/usr/lib/qt3/include -I.  
-I/usr/include/freetype2  -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_REENTRANT  
-Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align 
-Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -O2 
-Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute 
-Wno-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions 
-fno-check-new -fno-common  -MT dominoconf.lo -MD -MP 
-MF ".deps/dominoconf.Tpo" 
-c -o dominoconf.lo dominoconf.cpp; \
        then mv -f ".deps/dominoconf.Tpo" ".deps/dominoconf.Plo";
 else rm -f ".deps/dominoconf.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
After that it doesn't bring me back to a prompt; it just sorta hangs. I can type stuff but it does nothing. I've tried to google for answers and I've gotten by with doing that until now. i'm totally lost on what to do from here.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 27, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alrighty, I was able to work out my first problem, but I have another question, and hopefully it's an easier one. How do I change the font color on the KDE kicker? I'm running KDE 3.5.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I just installed Kubuntu 7.04 on my laptop, and I'm loving it, except for one small annoyance so far. Even when I have my external speakers or headphones plugged into the audio jack, the laptop speakers still play. I don't think I had this problem when I had OpenSuSE and certainly don't with Windows, and I'm not sure where to begin to fix it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alright, I'm about 3 seconds from giving up on Fedora 7.

I can't seem to get it recognize my wireless card. I have a laptop with the dreaded 3945 card. I'm fairly new to linux and I've tried everything I can think of, and stuff that I've read online, and nothing wants to work. Unless somebody can help give me some direction, this is getting trashed.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Are there any good GUI based programming programs out there? I'm using Ubuntu and I'm getting the itch to play around with Python/C/C++. I could do it and have using the command line programs, but I really don't want to.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

For whatever reason I can't get my 5 button Intellimouse to work properly in Kubuntu 7.10. I can't get the shoulder buttons to respond properly as forward/back buttons in Firefox. This is what I tried using in xorg.conf:
code:
Section "InputDevice"
 Identifier "Configured Mouse"
 Driver "mouse"
 Option "CorePointer"
 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
 Option "Buttons" "7"
 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
 Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 6 7"
 EndSection
I had a similar setup for 7.04 and it worked flawlessly, so I'm not sure what gives.

edit: nevermind, all it needed was a reboot v:shobon:v

shyduck fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 23, 2007

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Is there an option or plugin for Konversation that allows me to auto-rejoin a channel upon kick? I'm not finding it anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

What's the best way to get a USB controller working in Kubuntu 7.10? Specifically it's a Xbox 360 controller. When I plug it in, my system doesn't recognize it and the circle in the middle of the controller just blinks.